Debt Free by 40 Debt Diary

Options

Comments

• oakdale_minx
    oakdale_minx Posts: 1,174 Forumite
    Options
    A confession!!

I really fancied a drink and so popped off to Somerfield and bought a £1.99 bottle of ready made cocktail. Have to be careful because of the Prozac, but I really just fancied treating myself to an ice filled glass of cocktail.

But, erm the confession......I bought a jar of reduced price lime marmalade - a real childhood food that I didn't realise was still being made, it caught my eye because it was in the reduced section. And 4 scratch cards....ahem......don't know why on earth I bought them. Won £3 of the £4 back that I spent on them, but I don't know why I was a bit silly and bought them in the first place!!

ZTD - your sig. - never seen anyone else ever mention or evenheard of Vaya Con Dios - I have a fab album by them that has great memories of a holiday in Greece in the late 80's!!
  • ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options
    ZTD - your sig. - never seen anyone else ever mention or evenheard of Vaya Con Dios - I have a fab album by them that has great memories of a holiday in Greece in the late 80's!!

I have quite a wide taste in music...

I saw them on a German equivalent of MTV that I used to watch, and liked it - along with other stuff you couldn't get in this country. So one time (in the 90's) I was over in Belguim, I bought their "Roots and Wings" album along with Axelle Red's "Sans plus attendre", Lucilectric's "Mädchen" and Jule Neigel's "Herzlich Willkommen".

Must admit the song the quote is from, isn't the best song on the disc. I always consider this one to be a theme for a friend of mine...
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • oakdale_minx
    Options
    Ebay have the Greatest Hits of Vaya Con Dios on CD for a couple of pounds. I have a well worn cassette of the 87 album and I've downloaded it (from the Russian site that cannot be mentioned!!) for a few pence.

I HATE Cruella!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Sorry, she is doing my head in. Pick, pick, pick, I do something right and she finds another angle to try and pick..........I WANT REDEPLOYMENT.......apparently another Director asked a colleague how I was. He was told I was 'ok' and she then said "I wouldn't want to work for her"........"hhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmm" he apparently knowingly replied.

Apparently the new structure will come in with the new financial year. I am going to have to keep having positive thoughts that she doesn't want me when it comes to her making the decisions.

Almost drove the car into a black wheelie bin this morning. The wind had blown it into the road which wasn't well lit and it was pitch black. Luckily a car was coming in the other direction and its headlights lit it up otherwise I would have hit it square on.

Must bring all my court stuff into work tomorrow to get photocopied. Need to do my bank charge court bundles over the next couple of weeks. I will make it a priority to get one done and sent this weekend and then the other two as soon as possible after that. i've done the photocopying for citicards, but needs to do the same for my two Abbey claims.
  • oakdale_minx
    Options
    My garden is a bit of a mess.

After the whole back fence plus posts blowing down a couple of weeks ago, a panel in the side fence also got ripped out yesterday. It is going to cost me a fair bit to put right. Could I do an insurance claim????
  • robnye
    robnye Posts: 5,411 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i have a feeling, that garden fences are not included.... best to give them a call and ask - as I am sure thousands of other people will!
    smile --- it makes people wonder what you are up to.... ;) :cool:
  • oakdale_minx
    Options
    That's what I thought - I read on the BBC website today that lots of people aren't covered for fence damage. I'll give them a tinkle.
  • oakdale_minx
    Options
    Had a bit of a Friday night treat and got a Chinese takeaway. It felt very decadent, it is months since I tasted MSG!!!! Lots left over so that is lunch sorted .

OH filled the car with petrol. He huffed and puffed and wriggled a bit, but he did it.

Want to get to £400 on AQA by the end of tomorrow. I'm only about £30 away so it shouldn't be too hard.
  • oakdale_minx
    Options
    Hit £400 yesterday on AQA. Was sensible and signed off as soon as I hit it. I could have kept working on into the evening, but I was getting tired.

Went window shopping for carpet yesterday. For the three rooms which need doing, a bog standard carpet and underlay is going to cost about £700. I will spend the next few weeks looking around at different shops to get the best price, wait until my bank charges are with me and all the unsecured debt is paid off and then save the money through AQA. Then I will pounce and haggle!!!

I'm guessing that will be probably April time, but it the next thing in my plan to work towards.

Fences weren't included in the policy - quote my OH "That's what you get for buying cheap house insurance". Felt like retorting with "at least I have some".........
  • robnye
    robnye Posts: 5,411 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    when looking for carpet, buy the gripper rods and underlay yourself. its 40% to 70 % cheaper if you buy from somewhere like b and q
    somewhere like carpet right charge 11.99 for a doorway gripper rod, whereas b n q charge 3.99

i have done this last year for 4 bedrooms and saved a fortune
    smile --- it makes people wonder what you are up to.... ;) :cool:
  • oakdale_minx
    Options
    Cheers for that Robnye I'll be doing loads of looking around before I take the plunge later in the year :)

I've just spent what feels like forever sorting all the paperwork for my court bundles. One claim is bad enough (about 80pages!) but I have three claims and each one has to be copied for both the court and the solicitors!

Nearly had a aaarrggghhhh moment when I thought I'd lost the statements for my smaller (£610) Abbey claim. Much searching later they turned up. Phew! Thought I was going to have to visit my branch and spin a tale about needing some printouts!

I'm finally there (I think) and have to now do a covert photocopying operation at work. If I take one claim in per day, I will be ready to send everything off to everyone by the end of the week for all three claims.

Here's hoping I haven't made a howler somewhere along the way with any of my claims!! (particularly the one for the Abbey which comes to nearly £4k with the interest and court charges!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure