Free Computer & Internet Access for Children aged 7-14 of Low Income Families

Options

Comments

• Happychappy
    Happychappy Posts: 2,936 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Looks like contestants row from Weatherspoons will soon be filling Ebay with their darling offsprings new laptop toys, all made possible courtesy of middle england tax payer, must keep an eye on ebay, won't be long.
  • prowla
    prowla Posts: 13,165 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Looking at the various options, it does seem as if the suppliers are bumping up the prices a bit.
  • Mark_Meakin
    Options
    I applied for the grant today as I'm off work due to ill health (Cancer not one of the bad back brigade !).However due to my daughter's birthday falling on the 31st August she's in year 10 as the youngest in her class so she's missed out twice now !.This is due to the fact that pupils who went up to her Comprehensive school the term after her,were all supplied with free laptops (Their brothers & sisters in other years at the school were also given one as well).If she had been born a day later she would've been given a laptop by the school anyway a while back in that case.It's obvious as people mention that some will end up on Ebay so I think more stringent checks should be carried out myself.
  • Snakeeyes21
    Snakeeyes21 Posts: 2,527 Forumite
    edited 13 January 2010 at 3:45AM
    Options
    Looks like contestants row from Weatherspoons will soon be filling Ebay with their darling offsprings new laptop toys, all made possible courtesy of middle england tax payer, must keep an eye on ebay, won't be long.

And what a pathetic little man you are.
    Whats wrong? Not manly enough in the right departments so you have to have a dig at some of the most vulnerable in society, single mothers and the disabled.

At least if your going to throw insults you could try to piece together a correctly spelt coherent sentence.

I don't think your a middle class tax payer, you is a chav in disguise :D
  • rich_shot2003
    Options
    And what a pathetic little man you are.
    Whats wrong? Not manly enough in the right departments so you have to have a dig at some of the most vulnerable in society, single mothers and the disabled.

At least if your going to throw insults you could try to piece together a correctly spelt coherent sentence.

I don't think your a middle class tax payer, you is a chav in disguise :D

Well said and fully agree with what you have put.
  • sarah_ace1
    Options
    thank you, have applied and passed the link along to others i know. will come in very handy.
    it IS only one per household
    62;)
  • lorweld
    lorweld Posts: 5,546 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Guys can I ask again that any further debate be on the discussion board please.
    :hello:
  • tzarina123
    tzarina123 Posts: 5 Forumite
    edited 13 January 2010 at 3:11PM
    Options
    ...I wonder why I and others like me turn up for work everyday.... then I remember 'oh it's to pay for government 'give aways' like this, for the none tax paying members of society who have there hands out week after week.

Forgot too mention I'm a single parent too...I'm not disabled but the guy sat next too me at work is.... does that make us 'vulnerable' unable to support and provide for our families. It's the tax payers who are 'vulnerable'. Vulnerable to being ripped off to pay for this.

I should be ashamed ..... I can't give my children Sky TV, mobile phones, XBOX, a stay at home mum etc....but there again I was always taught that if you want nice things in life YOU HAVE TOO WORK FOR IT.

Stop the excuses.
  • steph8008
    Options
    While I think this is great, I am deeply disappointed that I do not meet the requirments as I receive working tax credits. I am a single self employed mom of two , and I earn inlcuding all wages, tax and child credits a total of £200.00 per week (thats minus childcare costs), if I was on income support I would earn £198.00 per week!! £2.00 difference but because I receive working tax credits I cannot claim the grant for my son.

I just do not see the juctice in this one. I go out to work, while yes I could stay at home and get the same amount of money form the goverment, get free school dinners (which I have to pay for at the moment) and i could get the grant for my son, so he could do his homework in peace!. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Rant over :-)
  • ringos1st
    Options
    Does anybody know of anything similar for people who live in Scotland. I would qualify if I lived in England and I have a 16 year old still in full time education and could really use some extra help
    Thank you
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport