PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Hairy Bikers Mum Knows Best

Options

Comments

• Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    If only there were more blokes out there that were like the way they come across on telly. And if there are, if only one liked me!
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • bellaquidsin
    bellaquidsin Posts: 1,100 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just in case the salmon/tuna tins hold on to their fishiness, I have in the past made crumpet rings by making cardboard rings and covering them in foil.

I think I originally got this tip from Shirley Goode, now there's a lady who knows her way round the block.

Bella.
    A man's life consisteth not in the abundance of things which he possesseth. Luke 12 v 15
  • Reverbe
    Reverbe Posts: 4,210 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Primrose wrote: »
    I enjoy watching cookery programmes but am afraid I can't stand these two. The thought of all that greasy hair dropping into the food. Completely offputting. Yuk !
    They dont seem greasy.The one that used to shock me was the Two Fat Ladies. Jennifer always cooked wearing nail varnish and loads of big rings..:eek:
    What Would Bill Buchanan Do?
  • Snowy_Owl
    Snowy_Owl Posts: 454 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I really enjoyed this prog and have been waiting to see it since I saw an advert/artickle about the show in our local paper looking for "mams with recipes!".

I think the two bikers seem quite coothie and Si just looks like a big cuddly bear who would give fab hugs!!!!!!! I also agree about that Jennifer from the 2fat ladies cooking with her nail varnish and rings on.......not a good example! At ;east these blokes usually tie their hair back and when in factories, they have even covered their beards with masks!!! Top marks for that!!!

Snowy x
    :j I feel I am diagonally parked in a parallel universe :j
  • leeegglestone
    leeegglestone Posts: 2,592 Forumite
    Options
    my mam (in durham) always makes corned beef pie and everyone loves it! whenever i mention it down here (blackpool) people look at you as if you're mad, even though it's not a million miles away from some people's hotpot that comes with a pasty lid....

i believe my mam boils potatoes and onions together in a pan, then mashes them together, adds cubed tinned corned beef, mixes well and then makes a pie with homemade shortcrust pastry. the pies are always always always made on dinner plates and are delish!

haha im from durham and my dad make corned beef pie. didnt realise it was mostly a northern thing
  • Sammy-Jo_2
    Options
    I watched the programme last night and was full of good intentions of trying the recipe for cupcakes. Well thanks to a snow day my daughter and I made them this afternoon. It really was the easiest recipe I have ever used! The cakes were absolutely delicious. Not many left after my sons friends called in for hot choc and cakes after 2 hrs sledging!!
    8oz sr flour, 8oz caster sugar, 8oz margarine, 8oz eggs in shells (3 eggs were 7oz so used 1oz milk. Mixed together until light and fluffy cooked for 15 mins @ 180.
  • ihavewhatiwant
    Options
    Your right about the book... you can Pre Order on Amazon !!! Still a good buy though - its not that easy to find a good recipe book these days !:grin:
  • auntymabel
    Options
    Just in case the salmon/tuna tins hold on to their fishiness, I have in the past made crumpet rings by making cardboard rings and covering them in foil.

I think I originally got this tip from Shirley Goode, now there's a lady who knows her way round the block.

Bella.

You could also use small spaghetti rings tins.

I got excited about the samosas made with tortillas but I think an earler poster's idea of using filo pastry (sorry I can't remember your name and it takes me so long to type I can't go back and look :o). Also the bran cake cos t looks so easy.
    'Yaze whit yeh hive an ye'll niver wahnt'

(From Mae Stewart's book 'Dae Yeh Mind Thon Time?')
  • MrsE_2
    MrsE_2 Posts: 24,162 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Whoo hooo

Book will be out earlier than expected
    We have received new release date information related to the order you placed on January 05 2010 (Order# XXXXXX).

The items listed below will actually be dispatched sooner than we had originally expected based on the new release date:

Dave Myers, Si King "Mums Know Best: The Hairy Bikers' Family Cookbook"
    Previous estimated arrival date: January 20 2010 - January 22 2010
    New estimated arrival date: January 16 2010
  • jasmine33
    jasmine33 Posts: 271 Forumite
    Options
    I have ordered the book from Amazon as well. Think it'll be a good one. I like tried and tested local recipes.
    Jasmine
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport