We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Las Vegas thread and MSE guide 2010

Options

Comments

• photome
    photome Posts: 16,396 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    mrme wrote: »
    Was supposed to be heading off to San Fran then Vegas for my 21st, now looking like it's all off :( Booked all independently & insurance won't cover, absolutely gutted and dread to think how much we will lose. One day I'll get there!!! This thread has been invaluable though.

Flights should be refundable and if you booked hotels direct they should also be refundable, not a great situation but you shouldnt be to much out of pocket
  • photome
    Options
    DANNEH wrote: »
    I was due to fly tomorrow but dont think that will be happening :-( Not looking forward to dealing with the insurance company and have a horrible feeling i am going to be out of pocket nearly a grand :-(
    As above, have you read all the other threads about refunds on flights, i dont think insurance company will help though
  • photome
    Options
    Alt wrote: »
    Is it just me that cannot open this link?
    I am scheduled to fly out this Wednesday and the uncertainty is not nice:(
    I cant open the link either.
    Uncertainty must be horrendous, I think I would prob cancel and rebook for later in year if it wasnt going to cost me extra
  • photome
    Options
    ferf1223 wrote: »
    It never occurred to me that anyone would try to do all of them within 24 hours, even in the name of internet journalism.

I've never seen a burger/bratwurst bar at PH - but we have never been for lunch. It's an interesting idea...not sure I would go to a buffet and have a burger but stranger things have happend. And I loooove bratwurst. If they had corn dogs I might just live there.

One of the things I liked most at the M Resort buffet was the Thai station - it was pretty small, but the red curry I tried was quite tasty and I rather wished I had discovered it before I had so much other stuff on my plate. :)

Made me laugh as I know exactly what you mean
  • luci
    luci Posts: 5,960 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    May
    Sorry about the link. It was working when I posted it as I checked, but it's not working now and I can't remember where I got it.
  • DANNEH
    DANNEH Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    photome wrote: »
    As above, have you read all the other threads about refunds on flights, i dont think insurance company will help though

Yea i expect to get the flights refunded its the car hire, hotels and trips im concerned about :(
  • luci
    luci Posts: 5,960 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
  • photome
    Options
    DANNEH wrote: »
    Yea i expect to get the flights refunded its the car hire, hotels and trips im concerned about :(

How did you book hotels and car hire. If you booked direct with hotels or even 3rd party you should get all/most of it refunded. Some carhire companies allow fee free cancellations (I think carhire 3000 do). Trips may not be so good but worth emailing them given the circumstances
  • photome
    Options
    luci wrote: »

Thanks for trying but cant open that either, never heard of that site, but like you said their site wont open (well not for me), will save it and look later hopefully
  • photome
    Options
    There is something interesting that has come out of this Ash situation.

If you are booked on a european airline they have a duty of care under EC regulations to pay for hotel,food and phone calls, if you are stuck, or offer refund or rebook with no charge if you are still at home.

BUT if it is an American airline those regulations dont apply and you are on your own (it seems)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport