We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Las Vegas thread and MSE guide 2010

Options

Comments

• photome
    photome Posts: 16,396 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    tingtong wrote: »
    Starting to get a bit nervous now, due to fly out on 30th and the way things are going with the current flight situation, I'm not too confident about getting away.

We've only got one booking which is non-refundable (Vegas hotel £539) but after looking through the insurance (Travel Insurance Web) it looks like we'll be covered anyway - I certainly can't see any mention of exclusions due to 'acts of god'. If anyone else has the same insurance, perhaps you could have a look and let me know if you agree.

Many thanks
    I had a look through and this paragraph is listed a few times. Not sure if it gets them out of it, but you have a week or so yet, if worst comes to worst i would prob plead with the hotel you booked with assuming you booked direct

Not covered
    any claims arising from withdrawal from service temporarily or otherwise of the aircraft, coach, train or sea vessel on the orders or recommendation of the Civil Aviation Authority or a Port Authority or similar body in any country;

• tingtong
    tingtong Posts: 580 Forumite
    Options
    photome wrote: »
    I had a look through and this paragraph is listed a few times. Not sure if it gets them out of it, but you have a week or so yet, if worst comes to worst i would prob plead with the hotel you booked with assuming you booked direct

Not covered
    any claims arising from withdrawal from service temporarily or otherwise of the aircraft, coach, train or sea vessel on the orders or recommendation of the Civil Aviation Authority or a Port Authority or similar body in any country;

Unfortunately, I dived in head first a few weeks back and booked a great deal through Atlaschoice. However, I can't actually see anywhere on my voucher or confirmation which states it is non-refundable so there is some hope. It seems some companies are being quite understanding about the current situation which is good to hear.

We don't actually get to Vegas until May 5th as we (plan to) have 5 nights in San Diego. It maybe that we ask them to re-route us from MAN to Vegas, then return from SAN (or skip San Diego completely).

Think we'll just have to sit tight for a few days and see what unfolds. It would be a real shame to have to cancel as we had cheap flights (£361) and hotels which we're not likely to get again.
  • luci
    luci Posts: 5,960 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    May
    From the Atlaschoice T&C's
    5. CANCELLATIONS

Cancellations must be done in writing- please contact us via the website - or simply log in online at least
    24hrs prior to the start of your hotel accommodation check-in date. We cannot accept cancellation by
    telephone. Cancellations shall only come into force when your cancellation request is received by Atlas
    Choice, as opposed to when you send the cancellation. You shall be responsible for obtaining the
    confirmation and/or acknowledgement of receipt of the cancellation of the reservation by Atlas Choice.

Overview of Charges as follows:
    • Cancellations within 24 hours of making the booking – No charge
    • Cancellations thereafter up to 48 hours before check in date – 25% of booking
    • Cancellations within 48 hours of check in date - 100% of booking (irrespective of when booking
    was made)
    • No Show – no refunds

Reservations made via Atlas Choice may be cancelled by either party with no penalty whatsoever in the
    event of force majeure, such as, without restriction, war, revolution, acts of terrorism, closure of borders,
    epidemics, catastrophes which may affect the various destinations and, specifically, the location of the
    accommodation provider.

http://online.atlaschoice.com/hotels/pdf/TERMSANDCONDITIONS.pdf
  • DANNEH
    DANNEH Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Has anyone managed to get throught to Expedia? What number did you use if you did? I have been trying on but then i get a bit confused on which option to use on the menu - ive booked flights and hotels through expedia and they are on the same itinary - does that count as a package?

I was on hold for an hour and half last night and been on hold for 20minutes so far today! I know they are going to be having a huge number of calls but i dont want to be on hold to the wrong department!
  • cloudy_nines
    Options
    May
    Reservations made via Atlas Choice may be cancelled by either party with no penalty whatsoever in the
    event of force majeure, such as, without restriction, war, revolution, acts of terrorism, closure of borders,
    epidemics, catastrophes which may affect the various destinations and, specifically, the location of the
    accommodation provider.

Do I take it that from that that they would offer a full refund in light of the volcanic ash situation? I have booked part of my holiday through AtlasChoice so just wondering.
  • luci
    Options
  • luci
    Options
    May
    Encore

MAY Special Signup Offer - Stay 3 Nights for just $399 - From: $133/nt Book by 3 June

https://reservations.wynnlasvegas.com/index.html?hid=elv#
  • luci
    Options
    May
    Luxor

Ultimate Luxury

Ultimate Luxury Getaway offer includes:

• Deluxe Room Accommodations
    • Room Rate discounted 15% below the Prevailing Nightly Rate
    • One $30.00 Food Dining Credit for Tender our Steak and Seafood Restaurant*
    • One 2 for 1 Lunch Buffet at MORE*
    • One 2 for 1 Admission to Nurture SPA at Luxor*

This special is available for online reservations only and may not be reserved by telephone.

Reservations: 702-262-4444 / 800-288-1000 option 1.

Luxor Hotel: 702-262-4000

Promotion Runs
    April 18, 2010 - September 30, 2010

Offer Expires
    September 29, 2010

https://reservations.mgmmirage.com/bookingengine.aspx?host=promo&pid=lux&code=UGETD&kbid=1162904&sub=0!N!UGETD
  • luci
    Options
    May
    Mandalay Bay

• $25 Food and Beverage Credit • 2-for-1 Breakfast • 2-for-1 Margaritas
    • $100 Cabana Credit plus 50% off mid-week entry into Moorea Beach (Monday-Thursday)
    • Complimentary Access to House of Blues Foundation Room
    • 30% off Disney’s The Lion King Tickets

https://reservations.mgmmirage.com/bookingengine.aspx?host=promo&pid=MBH&show=rates&code=PSPR10&kbid=1162904&sub=0!N!PSPR10
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport