We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Las Vegas thread and MSE guide 2010

Options

Comments

• mookybargirl
    mookybargirl Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    edited 19 April 2010 at 3:39AM
    Options
    March
    Hi all. As you all know, after some last minute changes due to the strikes to get to Heathrow, we got away on honeymoon. I have all my notes ready for the nice little trip report ready to start after we got home from our trip in Mexico. Now, can you guess the next part???

You got it. Our flight home on Thurs was cancelled. So, we got stranded in Miami. They offered a flight to us from there about 10 days later, so we flew to Chicago (at our cost) where they have reserved us seats for Wed, only 6 days late. If and when we travel is all up in the air like everyone else. Thank god we're only doing our honeymoon once. The trip was wonderful but the travel an absolute nightmare......

My trip report might be a while coming, but there will be some good bits once we can sort the small issue of getting home.
    Love MSE, Las Vegas and chocolate!
  • luci
    luci Posts: 5,960 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    May
    Stay safe Mookybargirl and remember to keep any receipts for out of pocket expenses in case you have a claim when you get back.
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,396 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Mookybar , you have certainly had/having a honeymoon to remember
  • ferf1223
    ferf1223 Posts: 8,935 Forumite
    Options
    April
    Hang in there, mooky...fingers crossed for you guys for Wednesday.
    Does remembering a time that a certain degree of personal responsibility was more or less standard means that I am officially old?
  • ox-boy
    ox-boy Posts: 61 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    April
    Hi All,

Should of been flying to Vegas Tuesday afternoon and staying in the Bellagio. Obviously this isnt happening now.

Has anyone had any luck speaking with Expedia yet? can you get a refund?
  • duchy
    duchy Posts: 19,511 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    March
    Appears to be an MSE meet at O'Hare tonight Mooky at one of the airport hotels
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

MSE Florida wedding .....no problem
  • sarahgail
    sarahgail Posts: 71 Forumite
    Options
    May
    Hi,
    I've booked a flight home from Las Vegas in June, with Air France, which goes LV to Salt Lake City to Paris to Edinburgh, however there is only half an hour between arriving in Salt Lake City and leaving again.

Has anyone else done this flight before? Did you make it?!

I'm slightly concerned about making the connection and what our options are if we don't?! (ie is there another flight that day or would we have to wait overnight?) I am assuming that they wouldn't have brought it up as a bookable option if it wasn't possible to make the connection???

Thanks
  • duchy
    duchy Posts: 19,511 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    March
    SLC is a doddle -probably one of the easist places to make a connection. Not a big airport at all but still a Delta hub. You'll do the checkin at Vegas anyway right through so it's simply off one plane and straight to the gate for the next. If you ARE worried you could just go to Vegas airport early and ask to be put on the flight before
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

MSE Florida wedding .....no problem
  • Michael_Corleone
    Options
    April
    ox-boy wrote: »
    Hi All,

Should of been flying to Vegas Tuesday afternoon and staying in the Bellagio. Obviously this isnt happening now.

Has anyone had any luck speaking with Expedia yet? can you get a refund?

Expedia are a joke. I'm in a similar situation and their last website update on this was 16 April.:mad:
    It's not personal, It's strictly business.
  • webbie13
    webbie13 Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    August
    Hi all sorry to hear about all you canceled flights :(sucks!!

Has anyone done the connection in texas to vegas?? the airport looks fairy large on the map just wondering how easy it is to get around and stuff, we have 1hr 45 Min betwen flights so im sure thats long enough but just making sure :D

Cheers

:beer::beer::beer:
    11 days (only 4 working :rotfl:) and counting till VEGAS:beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business