January 2010 Grocery Challenge - Page 139

New Post Advanced Search

January 2010 Grocery Challenge

edited 28 December 2009 at 10:52PM in Old Style MoneySaving
1.8K replies 123.7K views

Replies

• ragz_2ragz_2 Forumite
    3.2K posts
    Oops, another £15 spend in co-op. Did get 2 loaves of bread for 20p each and 2 packs of oven bottom muffins for 20p each and pack of rolls for 20p, which as I'd planned on buying bread and rolls anyway isn't too bad.
    BOught part bake baguettes even though we don't need them as they were 50p a pack...
    4 pack of Tango/7up is £1 (I don't usually drink fizzy pop but stocking up for labour!) and jsut realised tango is nearly half the sugar of fanta...
    Ragz is busy studying ;)
    Progress is easier to acheive than perfection.
  • Nessa56Nessa56 Forumite
    946 posts
    PPI Party Pooper
    ✭✭✭
    BenW wrote: »
    I

BTW, is there a weight loss forum here somewhere? I have been looking but cant seem to find one.

Ruth

this one is quite good hope my link works not very good at doing them

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=2210165&highlight=slimming+world

v
    x
    SEALED POT CHALLENGE 6 - MEMBER NUMBER 086 Special Star from Sue :staradmin :T:T
  • SunnyGirlSunnyGirl Forumite
    2.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ragz wrote: »
    4 pack of Tango/7up is £1 (I don't usually drink fizzy pop but stocking up for labour!) and jsut realised tango is nearly half the sugar of fanta...
    Just in case you have a Netto nearby they are currently doing a 6 pack of Fanta and Tango for £1.49. Got to keep your energy levels up it's not called labour for nothing :eek: :rotfl:;)
    A G&T a day keeps the doctor away :p
  • Rachel021967Rachel021967 Forumite
    1K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry can't find who wanted to know but the Old Style board has its own Weight loss the old style way. I haven't been on there for a while but I found them to be very supportive.
  • Hey there.

Had a trip to Mr S today for some bits. Spent £19.03.

I am looking ok so far for the monthly budget.

Will go off & update sig.

Oh, I go on the slimming world diet forum, I am following the SW plan!

Lisa
  • pammyj74pammyj74 Forumite
    3.3K posts
    just signing in to update sig

total so far £75.56
    MPs left feb '08 276- Dec 13 36 :T MB Jan 10 ~ £82,377 Dec 13 ~ £29987
    EMFD was Feb 32 :eek: NOW Dec 2013 its Dec 2016
    MF new target Dec 16 REACHED!! :j
  • Spent 85p on a cabbage in Sainsbury's. I understand its a good source of iron. So I made a coleslaw. Also had a Tesco delivery totaling £73.57.
    Off to update signature.

Cabbage is such a versatile vegetable. Our keeps in the fridge for ages and we keep hacking chunks off for various meals.:D
  • rosiebenrosieben Forumite
    5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brodie1 wrote: »
    Sorry about last post hands playing up again
    :o:o Brodie1:o

as SunnyGirl said, it was perfectly understandable so please dont feel you need to apologise; anyway, we all make mistakes - I make loads when I have a lot to say, I can't type as fast as I can think! :rotfl:
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • ZendZend Forumite
    166 posts
    Grocery shop of £89 this week, but I have bought food that will last us for some time so hopefully just milk to buy next week.
    January spend = £100
    Spent =
    saving =
  • Went to Morrisons yesterday as needed milk and also picked up a TV guide and a stew pack, so a total of £2.23. Had a walk into town when I got home tonight to get a newspaper so that was 35p.

Doing quite well so far and finally picked up some chicken breasts my sister bought for me back in September (that I have been trying to make room in my freezer for), so they will make some meals for next week.

Got my gas bill through today and am pleasantly surprised, so won't worry if I need to put the heating on again now. Off to have some stew now, it smells yummy!
    Grocery challenge - Nov: £52/£100