January 2010 Grocery Challenge - Page 103

New Post Advanced Search

January 2010 Grocery Challenge

edited 28 December 2009 at 10:52PM in Old Style MoneySaving
1.8K replies 123.7K views

Replies

• ceebeebyceebeeby Forumite
    4.4K posts
    That sounds yummy Becky - I think I'll give that a go - I've got a teensy squeeze of puree left ... might do that instead of the whoopsie meat meal on Friday night - save that for the following week. We all love pizza! I've got some make your own popcorn that we could have afterwards, so a fabby pizza popcorn movie night or something!

I'm 100% with you on the Smart Price dishwasher tabs - i do the same, hence getting it down to 2p! Works a treat!
  • Another NSD for me. Will prob need bread & milk 2mo so I'll have to go into Mr T's. As I've been really good so far, I'll see what bargains they have. Won't go overboard though, but I've just eaten the last of the sausage casserole so I'll need more of them. First time I've made it, used the recipe on the first page. It was scrummy!! :j I love how the recipes on here are "a bit of this, a bit of that, and use whatever you have in the cupboard"

The big thaw has arrived here, and my 3 ft icicles have disappeared from the roof!! :rotfl:However, I'm sure it tried to snow when I was on my way home from work!!:eek:
    My name is CherryPie and I'm addicted to grocery shopping!!

Grocery Challenge

Feb 2016 - £46.73 / £100.00
  • Rachel021967Rachel021967 Forumite
    1K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Husband went to the chemist today and bought a 85p bath sponge for our little daughter. Off to update signature.
  • NSD again today

trekked to work and back... stopping at the shops wasnt on the agenda!!

Had 3 boiled eggs n a pot of tea this evening.... Dug out the surprise freezer soups...will find out what those are tommorow evening!!

Keep warm n safe everyone :)
    OU Law student
    May Grocery challenge
    £30/ £11
  • hey for future reference with eggs that are going off

Place eggs in a bowl of water. If the eggs stay flat that means that they are still ok (its homogenously distributed inside the egg)
    If the eggs sit upright, it means that gas has been released (the sulphurous kind) and is rising to the top of the egg (as the gas is less dense than the yoke). Its therefore gone off!

well at least i've read that somewhere, never tried it myself as i dont really buy eggs

good luck with your meal plan
    Barclays: 3900/4200
    NatWest: 2350/2800
    10% paid off as of 5/1
  • spent £22.44 today. Lots of fruit & veg & a few bits n pieces.

Off to update sig!

Lisa
  • I'd also love the chicken and broccoli bake recipe as its one veg my girls will eat!
  • 13.40 and 20.78 over the weekend. Have to stop these little shops......
  • loopychrissloopychriss Forumite
    790 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 500 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    SkintBint wrote: »
    been to mrt's tonight and spent £20, bought gammon £8 will do quite a few meals including quiche, gammon and leek pasties, gave in and bought the kids a pizza, not been buying any ready meals, steak mince that will do 3 meals in one form or another,
    has any one done a gammon in the slow cooker - how do i do it?

I do gammon in the slow cooker: I just put the gammon in the slow cooker and put a little bit of water in with it. It just cooks itself....

Very plain and simple, but that's the way I've always done it, and it comes out fine. Might shrink a bit though.

(I'm not a very adventurous cook, can you tell!!!)
    Keep Calm and Carry On Kondoing

• SunnyGirlSunnyGirl Forumite
    2.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skintbint I did a big piece of gammon in the slow cooker at the weekend. It was for Sunday lunch so I cooked it overnight on Saturday it was gorgeous. I put the gammon in the slow cooker, poured a kettle of water over it, added a quartered onion, 2 carrots roughly chopped & about 6 whole peppercorns. When it was cooked I lifted it out, removed the fat and sliced it up. HTH
    A G&T a day keeps the doctor away :p