£161,044.25 reasons to be mortgage free

Options

Comments

• Queen-Bee_2
    Options
    Hello WABL - just caught up with your dairy... really sorry to hear your sad news. thinking of you x.

On a separate note, yes, we've all done that flat pack route I think. My last purchase was a desk from Argos earlier this year. For the price it was fantastic, and I console myself with the thought that no one can really see it under all my papers on top, but it does fall to bits every time I have to move it to clean the windows. Enjoy your new furniture!
    QB
  • clearmydebts
    Options
    How exciting about the furniture. I have definitely been the victim of flat pack furniture and the last purchase I made from Argos for a wardrobe and bed was about £600. They fell apart after about 9 months and they weren't even that cheap!
    Total (Aug 19):€58,567 Now:€26,947
    DFD:Nov 22/June 22
    Mortgage: €199,712
    MFD: March 2042/July 2034
  • evab_2
    evab_2 Posts: 2,336 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry to read about your news, hope you can take some time out for yourself x
  • pammyj74
    pammyj74 Posts: 3,290 Forumite
    Options
    We have a severe lack of storage in our house and there is nowhere to put anything and it is driving me crazy:mad: .
    Me and oh set out yesterday with the plan of buying a £50 chest of drawers out of argos, but got a tad carried away and ended up in a furniture manufacturing showroom and spent over £1000 on bedroom furniture :eek:.
    I know it is a lot of money but we have spent so much over the years on crappy wardrobes and drawers that the a** falls out of that i could scream- i think everyone has bought these flatpack sets at some stage...........maybe its the way me and oh build them .....:rotfl::rotfl:.
    So i am classing this purchase as a longterm investment:D

There are quite a few bills that need paying this month but i really want to be on target for the MFiT-T2 challenge so will do my best to keep up the overpayments. Total overpayments for February were £240 :D.
    Thanks again everyone
    WABL

wd on your OPs x

£1000 :eek: on furniture wow
    MPs left feb '08 276- Dec 13 36 :T MB Jan 10 ~ £82,377 Dec 13 ~ £29987
    EMFD was Feb 32 :eek: NOW Dec 2013 its Dec 2016
    MF new target Dec 16 REACHED!! :j
  • SmlSave
    SmlSave Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    £1000 :eek: on furniture wow

I spent more :o and its definitely an investment wantabetterlife :D
    Currently studying for a Diploma - wish me luck :)

Phase 1 - Emergency Fund - Complete :j
    Phase 2 - £20,000 Mortgage Fund - Underway
  • Button21
    Options
    Oh dear WABL, I am so so sorry to read your very sad news. That is truly awful. I am so sorry for you and your family.

I know exactly what it feels like to lose a baby.....it is heartbreaking no matter how far on in your pregnancy you are. Be kind to yourself and take things easy for the next wee while.

It's really funny, but our lives are very similar when I read your diary. I read the post about your wedding and how you want to spend money on the things that matter.......that is EXACTLY what we did! I saved money on the flowers and car etc (just used our own!) but pushed the boat out on hiring a fantastic band and gave everyone who came to the evening reception a nice buffet meal (haggis bites, veg curry, chicken, rice, choc fountain with strawberries etc).

Thinking of you and hope you are ok.

Love

Button xxx
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...

"Oh sh*t.......she's awake!! "
  • wantabetterlife
    Options
    Thanks again everyone for your lovely messages :A.
    Got a fitting date for the furniture of next friday and cannot wait..i am like a child at christmas....sad, i know:rotfl:.
    In anticipation of this I have been dong a massive clearout and am ashamed to say that i have found clothes from my university days and loads of other stuff that i dont wear....these have been duly sorted out into stuff for the bin, charity or the dreaded ebay.
    The last time i done a blitz on ebay i made quite a few pounds and it was great...the problem is it takes me sooooo looooong to build myself up to go through the mind numbing process of listing everything. I have everything photographed and think i wll wait for the next free listing day. so if any one knows when the next one is coming up will you let me know:D.
    Got paid yesterday so have sent of £250 to the halifax as an OP for march aswell as the £45 regular overpayment. Won £7 on the euromllions and saved £4 this week as i didnt have to pay for breakfast club at school, so that has been sent off aswell...total for march so far £306 :j:j...cant see there being much more scope for anymore O/P in march but we will see. Goodluck everyone and thanks
    WABL
    Credit card £4461.15Home mortgage £137117Buy to let mortgage £83,000
  • Bufger
    Bufger Posts: 1,857 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Good luck! can you get rid of sky altogether? i found the programs just got repetative, i then went and bought a freesat box for £60 which connects up to the old sky lead, its a one off payment and i still get 50 channels!

I dont bother with most of the sky channels and i only watch 1-2 hours of tv per day so it was good for me, maybe you could do the same and save £50 per month? that would take months and months off your mortgage in the long run!
    MFW - <£90k
    All other debts cleared thanks to the knowledge gained from this wonderful website and its users!
  • wantabetterlife
    Options
    Hi Bufger, i would get rid of sky in the morning but i fear my husband would start foaming at the mouth at the mention of it..:rotfl::rotfl:.
    He is a bit of a TV addict and loves watching all the football and golf and DD also loves the kids channels. I agree that it is ridiculously overpriced and the programmes are sooooo repetitve. Unfortunately this is one area where i dont think i am going to win and on the plus side it works out a hell of a lot cheaper than if OH went to the local pub to watch the sport :D.
    Have just been to the Credit Union to open two savings accounts for the children, have been meaning to do this for ages and have felt a bit guilty that we dont have a child trust fund for either of them. The plan is that we will set up a standing order for a small amount every month and hopefully this wll build up nicely over time. Will have to go now and factor this into the budget ;).
    WABL
    Credit card £4461.15Home mortgage £137117Buy to let mortgage £83,000
  • IHateDida
    IHateDida Posts: 1,670 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Bufger, i would get rid of sky in the morning but i fear my husband would start foaming at the mouth at the mention of it..:rotfl::rotfl:.

WABL

I would let him foam!!!! :D (and let him listen to matches on a radio! LOL!)

Great to see you back WABL! :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport