£161,044.25 reasons to be mortgage free

Options

Comments

• IHateDida
    IHateDida Posts: 1,670 Forumite
    Options
    Post away Ihatedida, at least i know i am not talking to myself and i love to here about everyone else's progress too:j.
    That must be a nightmare with the neighbours, i am sure it causes an awful atmosphere for you. I think sometimes people underestimate how important it is to have good neighbours. At least thats another incentive for you to get rid of the mortgage, i think it gives us all so much more freedom of choice. Well done on the o/p, porsha pig is obviously doing the trick:T.
    Got a bit carried away in tescos today, the girl was just filling up the whoopsie shelf as i passed...........so i couldnt resist a bargain......on the plus side the two freezers are full to bursting:D.
    Going to a friends house for dinner tomorrow night and i have to say i am so looking forward to getting a meal cooked for me, for a change:D
    Have a good weekend everyone
    WABL

Just rang for an updated balance (its now becoming an obsession - think I might need to start my own thread!) - its now £125,769.41 ;)

A meal cooked for you...wow thats a treat (and deserves the extra cash you'll be saving to be added to the piglet!!!!) - have a lovely night tonight! :T
  • wantabetterlife
    Options
    Just a quick update folks as i have been a bit quiet lately.....

Have had a miscarriage at 11 weeks and just trying to get my head round it at the minute.........trying to focus on the the two perfect children that i do have and i am so grateful for them.
    The MFW thing has obviously taken a back seat for the time being but hopefully will be feeling better soon.
    Hope everyone is doing ok.
    WABL
    Credit card £4461.15Home mortgage £137117Buy to let mortgage £83,000
  • mummyofonechild
    Options
    My thoughts are with you both. Look after yourself and take care. We will be here when you are ready to come back xxx
    Mortgage Free as of 31/5/11 :j:j:j:j:j:j:j
  • clearmydebts
    Options
    I really am so sorry to hear your news. Am thinking of you

xxx
    Total (Aug 19):€58,567 Now:€26,947
    DFD:Nov 22/June 22
    Mortgage: €199,712
    MFD: March 2042/July 2034
  • setmefree2
    setmefree2 Posts: 9,072 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Awwwww that's really awful. Sorry to hear that and am sending you a bug hug smiley_hug.gif

Look after yourself
    Smf2
  • IHateDida
    IHateDida Posts: 1,670 Forumite
    edited 18 February 2010 at 10:07PM
    Options
    Awww.....I'm really sorry to hear that - make sure you make plenty of time for yourself - big hugs xx
  • SmlSave
    SmlSave Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ((HUGS)) to you WABL and your DH
    Currently studying for a Diploma - wish me luck :)

Phase 1 - Emergency Fund - Complete :j
    Phase 2 - £20,000 Mortgage Fund - Underway
  • pammyj74
    pammyj74 Posts: 3,290 Forumite
    Options
    aww hun I am so sorry to hear your news, hugs to you all xx
    MPs left feb '08 276- Dec 13 36 :T MB Jan 10 ~ £82,377 Dec 13 ~ £29987
    EMFD was Feb 32 :eek: NOW Dec 2013 its Dec 2016
    MF new target Dec 16 REACHED!! :j
  • wantabetterlife
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your messages, you are all such a lovely bunch :A. Things are going ok, had a good talk with oh last night (and a good cry) and feel a lot better and more positive now.
    The food budget has completely went off the rails as we have practically lived in the local chippy or KFC all week, so i have decided that march will be new start on the budget.
    We have a severe lack of storage in our house and there is nowhere to put anything and it is driving me crazy:mad: .
    Me and oh set out yesterday with the plan of buying a £50 chest of drawers out of argos, but got a tad carried away and ended up in a furniture manufacturing showroom and spent over £1000 on bedroom furniture :eek:.
    I know it is a lot of money but we have spent so much over the years on crappy wardrobes and drawers that the a** falls out of that i could scream- i think everyone has bought these flatpack sets at some stage...........maybe its the way me and oh build them .....:rotfl::rotfl:.
    So i am classing this purchase as a longterm investment:D

There are quite a few bills that need paying this month but i really want to be on target for the MFiT-T2 challenge so will do my best to keep up the overpayments. Total overpayments for February were £240 :D.
    Thanks again everyone
    WABL
    Credit card £4461.15Home mortgage £137117Buy to let mortgage £83,000
  • setmefree2
    setmefree2 Posts: 9,072 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    We have a severe lack of storage in our house and there is nowhere to put anything and it is driving me crazy:mad: .
    Me and oh set out yesterday with the plan of buying a £50 chest of drawers out of argos, but got a tad carried away and ended up in a furniture manufacturing showroom and spent over £1000 on bedroom furniture :eek:.
    I know it is a lot of money but we have spent so much over the years on crappy wardrobes and drawers that the a** falls out of that i could scream- i think everyone has bought these flatpack sets at some stage...........maybe its the way me and oh build them .....:rotfl::rotfl:.
    So i am classing this purchase as a longterm investment:D

You're right about the furniture. Bet you can't wait until it arrives:T Enjoy:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure