We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 9

1…415416418420421…1193

Comments

  • OH MY WORD :eek: Sorting the car is no longer a priority. Our boiler has stopped working :eek::eek::eek: It was -14 here last night :eek::eek::eek:
    The one thing children wear out faster than shoes is parents ;):o:D
  • tarajayne
    tarajayne Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    What car Csh?
    Too many children, too little time!!!
    :p
  • SugarSpun
    SugarSpun Posts: 8,559 Forumite
    Oh booger Hammy - how fast can it be fixed?
    Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
    Three gifts left to buy
  • csh_2
    csh_2 Posts: 3,294 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    tarajayne wrote: »
    What car Csh?


    One of these but used

    http://www.hyundai.co.uk/newCars/santaFe/

    Its fab, I love it and it was :money: Although I'm not loving the road tax of £215, my last car was £35!!!!
  • tarajayne
    tarajayne Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    csh wrote: »
    One of these but used

    http://www.hyundai.co.uk/newCars/santaFe/

    Its fab, I love it and it was :money: Although I'm not loving the road tax of £215, my last car was £35!!!!

    I was looking at those online last night, put off by the tyres and servicing etc, am I worrying too much, so confused!!! :confused:
    Too many children, too little time!!!
    :p
  • csh_2
    csh_2 Posts: 3,294 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    tarajayne wrote: »
    I was looking at those online last night, put off by the tyres and servicing etc, am I worrying too much, so confused!!! :confused:

    The tyres on this are cheaper than the ones for OH's Seat Leon.
    My last car was a Smart so mega dear for tyres and servicing so I'm saving here. Insurance was £250 for me and OH :money:
  • tarajayne
    tarajayne Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    *wanders off to look again*
    Too many children, too little time!!!
    :p
  • SugarSpun wrote: »
    Oh booger Hammy - how fast can it be fixed?
    We are still snowed in so :confused:. DH has been on the phone to our local gas engineer but he hasn't got a van capable of reaching us. We are trying to fiddle with the boiler in the hope something works otherwise we need to get hold of one of the local farmers and either get DHs 4x4 battery charged by a tractor or get the farmer to collect the gas engineer tonight in the tractor :rotfl:

    We have a wood burner and plenty of wood so at least we have some heat downstairs
    The one thing children wear out faster than shoes is parents ;):o:D
  • elle_gee
    elle_gee Posts: 8,584 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Morning.. just! :rolleyes:

    Rhys woke up at 5am this morning.. first time in about two months! :confused: Very screamy :( Ended up bringing him into our bed, where he lay for over 20minutes pulling his dummy out with his right hand, passing it to his left and flinging it as far as possible.. clever, but tres annoying at 6am! :cool: In the bright side, he's not forgotten how to breastfeed either and that's been a while since we tried :D
    I am warm as toast! I have a fan heater blowing on my feet :D

    I forgot all about this - I was notorious at work for always having my fan heater on under my desk! Electric bill has probably reduced considerably.. :o

    Heard nothing about this alternative job this week and the colleague dealing with it only works Tues-Thurs so looks like it'll be next Tue at the earliest :(

    No plans here today but OH should be home early so best do a bit of tidying up soon! Mind you, yesterday his boss said he's authorise up to 2hrs overtime a night as there are some training programmes he needs OH to write. The money would be very nice (OH is thinking of doing it for that to bolster my soon to be nil earnings) but means he won't get home until 7pm ish.. just as I want to get Rhys to bed earlier! :rolleyes:
  • feelinggood_2
    feelinggood_2 Posts: 11,115 Forumite
    tarajayne wrote: »
    Fantastic! :A Where are you, this is getting better by the day! :D We were thinking of a Wednesday but need to find somewhere in the middle of everbody.

    Weds is the trickiest day for me. I'm in Farnborough. Anywhere near a train station is good for me.

    MFD - I love the footmuff! It us really ewll made and looks great. Here it is:
    1-12.jpg
    (not full done up then, it does go right up to his chin when cold.
    Stay-at-home, attached Mummy to a 23lb 10oz, 11 month old baby boy.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.