We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 9

1…400401403405406…1193

Comments

  • BeenieCat
    BeenieCat Posts: 6,567
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    BeenieCat wrote: »
    "no i'm not paying for a train ticket to get on Ambers birth cert or actually see her"

    Just to add to this, he didn't actually say her name. Why, i hear you ask.

    He doesn't know it!! I kept asking why he hadn't asked her name.

    "Because we should have chose it together"
    AND
    "If she has a name that will make it seem more real"

    Loool. Well she is real, she moves, breathes and everything. Muppet :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • Thank you SS and Fitz, I picked up some white long sleeved vests in Tesco today so I obviously just wasn't looking hard enough before.

    My fairies have a £2 off Huggies Newborn size 2 voucher if anyone would like it. My chunk has grown out of size 2 so it's no use to me.

    I also still have a set of brand new, in the packet Boots nipple shields if anyone would like those.
    :DYummy mummy, runner, baker and procrastinator :p
  • Tigsteroonie
    Tigsteroonie Posts: 24,954
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 7 January 2010 at 10:58PM
    BeenieCat wrote: »
    Quick question if anyone gets Healthy Start vouchers? Need to ring them to say baby is born but i can't find a number for them anywhere?! Need to do this asap cos they don't backdate, because obviously everyone feels like ringing up the minute baby pops out :rolleyes:
    Beenie, I emailed them on "helpdesk@tiu.org.uk" and told them my NI number and change of circumstances, and they upgraded me to the double coupons on receipt of that. But they can only send the double coupons for one month on a "temporary" basis, during which time you have to apply for CTC and that triggers the permanent switch.
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

    MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

    :) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
  • angelfairy
    angelfairy Posts: 3,594 Forumite
    BeenieCat wrote: »
    Just to add to this, he didn't actually say her name. Why, i hear you ask.

    He doesn't know it!! I kept asking why he hadn't asked her name.

    "Because we should have chose it together"
    AND
    "If she has a name that will make it seem more real"

    Loool. Well she is real, she moves, breathes and everything. Muppet :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

    but having you as a brilliant mummy is what counts
  • BeenieCat
    BeenieCat Posts: 6,567
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Tigs i have already had my CTC award for Amber, so does that mean i'll get them backdated? I rang tax creds on 23rd Dec, and they said they'd just make a note for now as i haven't reg'd her and so no child benefit yet, but they sent award with new payments starting 19th Jan :confused:

    So do i not need to ring H.Start? Hmm maybe i will anyway i don't trust them lol. Haven't had any vouchers since Nov they sent them up til my EDD but nothing since and i went 9 days over :confused: Will email too, thanks for the addy
  • GISI - Not sure if ur tesco will be the same, but mine allow me to use some coupons even if I havent bought the product, I just bung them a wodge and ask them if they mind trying them to save to me going through them :) A load of pampers coupons came off my shopping the other day and I hadnt bought any pampers. HTH!!
    Baby Toby born 17th Nov 09 :j
  • Babba is whimpering so I'm off to bed. Night all.
    :DYummy mummy, runner, baker and procrastinator :p
  • angelfairy
    angelfairy Posts: 3,594 Forumite
    night night gisi
  • wi3adora
    wi3adora Posts: 633 Forumite
    Ladies (and gents) please tell me there should be no problem in giving my son a hm lunch of lentils, black beans, butter beans, chickpeas and quorn? It's what I had for my tea and there was loads left over :)
    Mummy to D born 21/04/09 and S born 09/05/12
  • I'm loving the videos. Lalalalala Bruno :)
    BeenieCat wrote: »


    Lol bet you wish you never asked now :p Warning to all, i'll go off on a tangent if you ask a simple question :rotfl:

    Blimey Beenie! You still have us lot... not sure if we are more of a hindrance or a help though ;).

    Changed bedtime routine as planned tonight - fed Izzy with light on, sang twinkle twinkle (with actions!) then turned off the light. More of a struggle, but we got there. After singing I think she thought it was singing time, so she was singing lalalalala to herself while I was trying to get her to sleep!

    Oh, had mini drama before bed-time too - she trapped her fingers in a drawer and I tried to put frozen peas on them because it looked so sore... but she decided she would rather open the bag and eat the peas. :rotfl: Fingers look fine now, so no permanent damage I think. I would say that she won't do it again in a hurry, but I'm sure she will!

    Oh, who was looking for holidays? I noticed Haven are doing cashback through quidco, but I didn't see how much it was.
    :heart:Isabella Molly born 14th January 2009:heart:
    New challenge for 2011 - saving up vouchers to pay for Chistmas!
    Amazon £48.61 Luncheon Vouchers £24
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.