New Thrifty Gifty - Organised for Christmas and all ocassions 2010- Santas Challenges

Options

Comments

• jetty
    jetty Posts: 3,011 Forumite
    Options
    ooooooh, Tescos also have some tins of special edition guinness, you get a bottle of guinness, a special bottle opener, a glass and it all comes in a nice tin... it's only £3. Bought 3 for next xmas :D
    Man who run into airport turn-styles is going to Bangkok

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research ;)
  • LouiseJ
    LouiseJ Posts: 11,156 Forumite
    Options
    jetty wrote: »
    ooooooh, Tescos also have some tins of special edition guinness, you get a bottle of guinness, a special bottle opener, a glass and it all comes in a nice tin... it's only £3. Bought 3 for next xmas :D

I hope you realise that you have now forced me to have a trip to Tesco tomorrow:rotfl::rotfl:
    But these things take time, I know that I'm, the most inept that ever stepped.
  • Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,157 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I hit the sales today.
    Got a radley handbag for £32.50 for me (spending xmas money)
    a sequinned flowery jewellery case for one nan £22.50
    both Debenhams
    russian doll purse £3 for DD
    russian doll lavender bag £3 MIL
    moonsoon accessorize
    russian doll money box £5 MIL
    next
    baileys ice cream maker £12.50 DH
    Boots

Not sure if Baileys has a date on it:cool: will have to look, but is only a miniture that can be replaced

All these were 50% off.

Also got
    a gift set in Home Bargains that has shower gel, binoculers and torch. Was £3.99 not reduced but I struggle with these sort of bits for DS who will be almost 11 next Christmas so handy to get in now.

Also in HB little notebooks with fish on the outside, 10p each, bought 10 as they will do as party bag items for the kids birthdays.
    In superdrug I got a key-ring with a football on 10p and a lipgloss with a crown on it also 10p- these will be stocking fillers for kids next year.
  • jamtart6
    jamtart6 Posts: 8,302 Forumite
    Options
    ooh where was your Radley from Spendless?

:ABeing Thrifty Gifty again this year:A

• jetty
    Options
    jamtart6 wrote: »
    ooh where was your Radley from Spendless?

I think they said Debenhams :D

• jetty
    Options
    LouiseJ wrote: »
    I hope you realise that you have now forced me to have a trip to Tesco tomorrow:rotfl::rotfl:

Hope you find some! There were quite a few at mine, and it's a small store! :eek:

• Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,157 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes Debenhams, small (but not tiny) black one, I toyed with the idea of getting it for my Mum instead but then I thought naahhh I bought her one a few years ago -also in a 50% off Debenhams sale, so got it for myself instead. I was there early though- a lot of stores were open Sunday hours 10-4 and I had to have a breakfast in BHS waiting for the rest of the shops to open.:D There wasn't many of the bags about 6, but you might be lucky.
  • Redsky_2
    Options
    Sounds great :)
  • Half_pint_4
    Options
    If anybody is looking for wrapping paper, Card Warehouse are selling 3 metre rolls for 50p per roll or six rolls for £1:T
    ;) The toast proposed at our wedding was for "health, wealth and happiness". Our family may not have the health and wealth but we make up for it with the happiness:D
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Oh, I'm in on this one.

I am so impressed with you all - really, very well done for the last year, you are all brilliant:T

I'm sure that I will be able to pick up loads of hints and tips here, thanks everyone for being so kind to take part in this thread and share :)

Noticed your sig, when I was learning to drive dad had an Allergo estate, mustard yellow. Loved that car.xx
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport