We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

VW service £299 for 2 years

135

Comments


  • Believe it or not, I do know that - which is why I said I do NOT understand why they price a brake fluid change separately as WE count is as part of the service - in other words, don't rip people off!

    Didn't realise you were a mechanic - What Garage as if you're near me I might consider popping in (Assume you're VAG Specialist?) :cool:
    michaelro wrote: »
    However the main plus, if the block exemption rules end next year, servicing your car at a main dealer will ensure your warranty is still intact!!
    IF it runs out next year........ but IF you have it serviced independently now, you will not affect your warranty. Its the law.

    So go sign the petition! Or move to the State or Japan where you are free to go where you like unlike this dictatorship we are living in. Third world Britain!
    I agree, what I meant was the 2nd service would be covered if BE ends next year and I have signed the petition ;)
    As I don't own a car that has a warranty this will not affect me directly but indirectly as Indy prices are likely to go up.
    But if you prefer to pay dealership prices and get their stamp, then that is your decision, its your money, your choice.

    Most people will still pay more for a car with dealer stamps.
    Car enthusiasts (those that frequent any car forum) generally prefer Specialists.

    IF BE ends Main Dealers won't have to try and compete with Indy's and the Quality of Service will likely reduce :rolleyes:
  • lambo28
    lambo28 Posts: 191 Forumite
    Wooo, didn't mean to invoke soo much debate! However, all the points are very valid and i shall take them on board. Thanks. I think that finding a good independent is hard, esp specialists (i would count myself as a VW enthusiast). All the warranty just makes me angry, whether it is a genuine parts, carried out to spec.... the list goes on.
  • jeannieblue
    jeannieblue Posts: 4,761 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Lambo - we like, love and enjoy controversy on here!! Keep it up!

    I'm in the South East... not doubt you are miles and miles away - otherwise it would be good to have you as a customer!

    No, we are not VW specialists. We are Toyota & Lexus specialists - but we service & repair every make that you can think of as our customers are loyal and trust us, if they change make of car, they come back to us, whether car is under warranty or not. A nd we have spotted many a problem when a car is under warranty and directed them to get it fixed - and never ever had a problem. I won't bore you with all the stories - but I could!!
    Genie
    Master Technician
  • Hampshire, but have family / Friends in Kent. :cool:

    If I'm down that way with a Toyota (Won't be a Lexus :D ) in the future I might pop in :beer:
  • jeannieblue
    jeannieblue Posts: 4,761 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    michaelro wrote: »
    Hampshire, but have family / Friends in Kent. :cool:

    If I'm down that way with a Toyota (Won't be a Lexus :D ) in the future I might pop in :beer:

    You'd be more than welcome - whatever 'breed' of car you have. Why not a Lexus? Mind, they are not as beautifully gas guzzling and sumptious and as expensive and well built as they used to be ten years or so ago. Shame, they are going green and intend to be all hybrid in a couple of years - that is oh so not Lexus....... :o
    Genie
    Master Technician
  • You'd be more than welcome - whatever 'breed' of car you have. Why not a Lexus? Mind, they are not as beautifully gas guzzling and sumptious and as expensive and well built as they used to be ten years or so ago. Shame, they are going green and intend to be all hybrid in a couple of years - that is oh so not Lexus....... :o

    Don't like the newer cars so much - An old friend has an GS Sport which was very nice ;)

    Plus all the Chav's with Lexus rear lights have ruined them a little for me :rolleyes:
  • michaelro wrote: »
    Don't like the newer cars so much - An old friend has an GS Sport which was very nice ;)

    Plus all the Chav's with Lexus rear lights have ruined them a little for me :rolleyes:
    It would seem that the BMW own the road types have now all switched to Lexus'. (Or is it Lexi? :D) Alot like to buy up the import Aristo's and the like....
    Genie
    Master Technician
  • hethmar
    hethmar Posts: 10,678 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    I took out a three year service plan for my VW Golf when I got it in September - £250.
  • lambo28
    lambo28 Posts: 191 Forumite
    Well, thanks all! I love the debate. I am indeed located around the south east so it's possible that i'm near you .

    hethmar -that's only available to new customers and during the time i bought my car,it was £200 for 3 years. But stupidly i didn't takethe offer (well actually i bought my car miles away so i wasn't sure whether i had to go back to the same stealer.)
  • lambo28 wrote: »
    Well, thanks all! I love the debate. I am indeed located around the south east so it's possible that i'm near you .

    hethmar -that's only available to new customers and during the time i bought my car,it was £200 for 3 years. But stupidly i didn't takethe offer (well actually i bought my car miles away so i wasn't sure whether i had to go back to the same stealer.)

    Possibly the Chelmsford dealership that offered you the deal?
    Genie
    Master Technician
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.