PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

carpet cleaning

Options

Comments

• BitterAndTwisted
    BitterAndTwisted Posts: 22,492 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's almost impossible to suggest how to clean a stain unless you know what that stain is.

My own feeling is that choosing a cream carpet is just asking for trouble unless you never go outside or walk on it.
  • nadmaj
    nadmaj Posts: 360 Forumite
    Options
    I think the spots are deep dried dirt maybefrom socks as we don't wear shoes on the carpet
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Have you tried a steamer? That might at least loosen it enough to be able to use 1001 or Vanish or something similar.

Denise
  • Chris25
    Chris25 Posts: 12,918 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I've had some good results with Vanish powder. Dampen the stain, cover with powder, brush in & when dry, vacuum. I've sometimes had to go over stains a couple of times but I find it really good with many types of stain........having said that, there are some that haven't come out but could be worth you trying it.
    Got it from 99p store but I'm sure I have seen in it in at least one of the supermarkets.
  • nadmaj
    nadmaj Posts: 360 Forumite
    Options
    ive tried vanish,soda crystals, bi carb of soda but there are always a few left behind -
    thank you for the replies above
  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    ive merged this with our carpet cleaning thread :)

Zip
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

• susaanobrien
    Options
    Carpets make a home more beautiful if they are neat and clean. Carpets absorb lot of dust and dirt from air and got stains from drinks or pet urine. The best option for carpet cleaning is dry method. Dry Cleaning of carpets is safer than steam cleaning. :cool:
  • B_u_n
    Options
    in serious need of help!!

so yesterday, I drank shed loads of beer and was sick in my own bed (stupid, I know) and this morning I have the wonderful task of cleaning it up!

It was last night, so around 13 hours ago, and I have wiped it up abit.

I have searched everywhere and no where is giving me a clear idea!

Someone said about bicarb and vinegar, will someone please put me out of my misery and make my life a little easier! :(
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi B_un,

Try this thread:

Cleaning up um vomit

Pink
  • melb
    melb Posts: 2,873 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    my daughter seems to spend her life getting black stains on her cream bedroom carpet which I think are black eye liner (the pencil type). she must drop the pencil and then tread it in. any recommendations of how to shift it please? i have bought some stain remover from the carpet shop (£10 and useless) although the 2 previous different types i bought from there were OK.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure