Naked wines - watch your bank account

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• dan8
    dan8 Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    I think Naked Wines have very poor operating methods. I ordered their special offer of 6 wines for £34.99 because it was recommended on the MSE weekly email. They failed to deliver within the two hour delivery slot they provided at the point of sale, despite sending me emails and text messages telling me that my wines would be with me soon. The delivery time slot was between 7-9pm. Their messages received throughout the day told me repeatedly that my delivery would be in that 2 hour delivery time. I had ordered the wines as a gift and arranged a wine tasting party for it last Friday, the scheduled delivery date. Yet, no wines arrived. The Naked Wines messages kept coming right up to 8.40pm assuring me that my wines were on their way to me. It was embarrassing to tell everyone that I’d invited for the wine tasting that no wines would be coming after all. They eventually arrived the next day when all my guests were of course long gone. When I rang to complain, Naked Wines told me that their small print stated that the delivery times stated were “not guaranteed”. Wonderful and so helpful to know that after the no show. Anyway, when I asked to be directed to exactly where on the order form or confirmation it stated that the delivery was “not guaranteed”, she could not do so. What a shower. I cancelled my membership with immediate effect so trust that no further monies will be extracted from my credit card account. So steer clear unless you are used to soviet era customer service and delivery methods.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    dan8 wrote: »
    I think Naked Wines have very poor operating methods. I ordered their special offer of 6 wines for £34.99 because it was recommended on the MSE weekly email. They failed to deliver within the two hour delivery slot they provided at the point of sale, despite sending me emails and text messages telling me that my wines would be with me soon. The delivery time slot was between 7-9pm. Their messages received throughout the day told me repeatedly that my delivery would be in that 2 hour delivery time. I had ordered the wines as a gift and arranged a wine tasting party for it last Friday, the scheduled delivery date. Yet, no wines arrived. The Naked Wines messages kept coming right up to 8.40pm assuring me that my wines were on their way to me. It was embarrassing to tell everyone that I’d invited for the wine tasting that no wines would be coming after all. They eventually arrived the next day when all my guests were of course long gone. When I rang to complain, Naked Wines told me that their small print stated that the delivery times stated were “not guaranteed”. Wonderful and so helpful to know that after the no show. Anyway, when I asked to be directed to exactly where on the order form or confirmation it stated that the delivery was “not guaranteed”, she could not do so. What a shower. I cancelled my membership with immediate effect so trust that no further monies will be extracted from my credit card account. So steer clear unless you are used to soviet era customer service and delivery methods.

Imo I dont believe the delivery isn't down to Naked wines but the courier they use.
    I admit its poor form you were told they would be delivered.

You could have chosen to buy the number of wines from 1 of the many retailers or even majestic.
  • meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    dan8 wrote: »

Who orders wine for a wine tasting to be delivered at 7pm on the evening of the tasting ? :eek:
  • happyandcontented
    Options
    ;)A man?:rotfl:
  • ScorpiondeRooftrouser
    Options
    meer53 wrote: »
    Who orders wine for a wine tasting to be delivered at 7pm on the evening of the tasting ? :eek:

And six bottles???
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure