Can someone join MSE and use the same name?

Options

Comments

• littlemissfrugal
    Options
    there was another littlemissfrugal a while back i posted in the same forum in a jokey way - she hadn't realised there were 2 of us and she said she was going to change her name ( she was very new) i don't what became of her though
    i'm living in a parallel universe
  • new_leaf_6
    new_leaf_6 Posts: 163 Forumite
    Options
    Will stick to new leaf even if I've got a clone. 2 Deemys? 2 avatars the same? Hope all Deemy's clones are as witty as Deemy. Hmmm - which Deemy is the best one? Is it the same person? Is there a Deemy stalker? Just waiting for nelly clones now. Let the games begin.
    "Life's too short to stuff a mushroom" - Shirley Conran...she wasn't an Old Styler then, was she? :rotfl:
  • lewt
    lewt Posts: 9,158 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i aint got any. my avator has gone walkies too! and when i try to load it again it says no animated pics allowed!!!!!! can ne1 help?
    If i upset you don't stress, never forget that god aint finished with me yet.
  • Mumstheword
    Mumstheword Posts: 3,760 Forumite
    Options
    another mumstheword turned up a while back, with a lower case m, and we did post on the same thread at the time!

Not seen her since tho'.
    *** Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly ***

If I don't reply to you, I haven't looked back at the thread.....PM me :)
  • Trix
    Trix Posts: 10,266 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    lewt wrote:
    i aint got any. my avator has gone walkies too! and when i try to load it again it says no animated pics allowed!!!!!! can ne1 help?
    Look at post #43 in THIS thread & MSE Neil says:
    Hello All,

We have adjusted the settings to allow animated avatars as this had apparently changed in the recent upgrade. However, on this front please remember our rule regarding avatars:

Please ensure that your avatar (the small picture under your username) and posts do not contain flashing images.

Thanks

MSE Neil
    That was dated 06/06/06 :eek: so if you haven't tried since then, it may be worth a go.

I used to have a sparkly avatar and a few days ago decided to have a colour change but my new one wouldn't 'sparkle' anymore despite the above post :( so I've had to go for a still one. Not sure if the 'sparkle' was classed as a 'flashing image':confused:

If it still doesn't work, ask one of the 'techie' type people like sra to help you out (because what I have just said is as far as my 'techieness' goes:D)
    I'm a little angel o:)BUT A WHOLE LOTTA DEVIL
    'Spend your life with eyes open, sleep only to dream of what to do next'
  • Trix
    Trix Posts: 10,266 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    another mumstheword turned up a while back, with a lower case m, and we did post on the same thread at the time!

Not seen her since tho'.
    :eek:

WHAT DID YOU DO WITH HER?????
    I'm a little angel o:)BUT A WHOLE LOTTA DEVIL
    'Spend your life with eyes open, sleep only to dream of what to do next'
  • Jay-Jay_4
    Jay-Jay_4 Posts: 7,351 Forumite
    Options
    There was another JayJay on here. I remember hreading 'my' Happy Birthday thread and thinking 'but it isn't my birthday' :confused::D

On another forum that I visit (:eek:) I have the same name as someone on here. I didn't realise it at the time so when it asked me for a username I thought I was being really inventive :rolleyes: until I saw the same name on here. It must've been lodged at the back of my brain and forgotten about because it's not someone that I ever bump into on these boards.
    Just run, run and keep on running!

• Mumstheword
    Options
    Trix wrote:
    :eek:

WHAT DID YOU DO WITH HER?????

try pinching my name and you'll find out.....

:rotfl:
    *** Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly ***

• Mumstheword
    Options
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=1377409#post1377409

this was where i bumped into her. she only ever posted 4 times....maybe she re registered with another user name? that would have been very kindly if she did! ~ maybe she'll read this and own up to who she is now!!

• Rikki
    Rikki Posts: 21,625 Forumite
    Options
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=1377409#post1377409

this was where i bumped into her. she only ever posted 4 times....maybe she re registered with another user name? that would have been very kindly if she did! ~ maybe she'll read this and own up to who she is now!!

bottom1.gif Wasn't me!
    £2 Coins Savings Club 2012 is £4 :).............................NCFC member No: 00005.........

......................................................................TCNC member No: 00008
    NPFM 21
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport