Can someone join MSE and use the same name?

Options
I've just seen a post by someone called new leaf who joined last month. My name is new leaf (space between the words). Is this allowed? How can I stop posts being mistaken for mine and vice versa? HELP....
"Life's too short to stuff a mushroom" - Shirley Conran...she wasn't an Old Styler then, was she? :rotfl:

Comments

• new_leaf_6
    new_leaf_6 Posts: 163 Forumite
    Options
    Meant to type the other person's name as newleaf (no space). Has anyone else had this happen to them?
    "Life's too short to stuff a mushroom" - Shirley Conran...she wasn't an Old Styler then, was she? :rotfl:
  • trafalgar_2
    trafalgar_2 Posts: 22,309 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    you can't do anything about it but people will come to recognise you by your avatar...................
  • new_leaf_6
    Options
    Thank you Trafalgar....Hope the new newleaf doesn't pick the same one ! ! !
  • trafalgar_2
    trafalgar_2 Posts: 22,309 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    new_leaf wrote:
    Thank you Trafalgar....Hope the new newleaf doesn't pick the same one ! ! !

that could be interesting :rotfl: ,if that happens a nice PM should be able to sort it out ;)

welcome to MSE by the way :D
  • new_leaf_6
    Options
    Thank you - from the ORIGINAL new leaf...
  • Deemy
    Deemy Posts: 3,683 Forumite
    Options
    But your an old leaf now :p

:D

Any Deemys hanging around ?
  • deemy2004
    deemy2004 Posts: 6,201 Forumite
    Options
    Yep........... ;)
  • Trix
    Trix Posts: 10,266 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well there is a Trixxie, but they are never on the same boards as me, a Trixz (no posts) and once there was a guy with Trix followed by some numbers as far as I can remember (can't find his name now) - but once again, using different boards to me so we never really bumped into each other.

When I did spot the last one, I sent a friendly 'hiya from one Trix to another' pm and joked about us getting mixed up and how us being different sexes could make mix ups more amusing :D You could do the same with newleaf - just to let them know there could be confusion at some point.

It does make me wonder how others come up with the same name, especially something like new leaf and only one month apart! I wouldn't have thought that would be a common choice :confused:
    I'm a little angel o:)BUT A WHOLE LOTTA DEVIL
    'Spend your life with eyes open, sleep only to dream of what to do next'
  • IvanOpinion
    IvanOpinion Posts: 22,185 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    The user name is case sensitive so 'New Leaf', 'new leaf' etc. can both exist quite happily. Some people have nothing better to do than to make up names for various childish reasons ... some people have multiple names and personalities (sometimes to ask something personal other times simply to troll) and some actually share a userid (so you are not quite sure who you are talking to).

Ivan
    Past caring about first world problems.
  • tankgirl1
    tankgirl1 Posts: 4,252 Forumite
    Options
    just had a nosey, and theres a couple of other tankgirls

im the only one with an avator tho :)
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

RIP POOCH 5/09/94 - 17/09/07
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport