We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

MSE won't let me have my England avatar

Options
I've just spent the last 5 to 10 minutes doing my patriotic duty by adapting my avatar for the World Cup only for it to be refused by MSE because "You may not upload animated images." :(

Now I've got a real dilemma - do I upload a still version (in which case I can never go back to this one, which I like - even if the animation is subtle) or do I stop having periodically themed avatars (which I also like). :confused:

For those who want to see it here it is:

GizmoEngland.gif

This is a sad day for the culture of MSE... denying us our right to be creative. :mad: How long has this ban been on? :confused:

Comments

• iwanttosave_2
    iwanttosave_2 Posts: 34,292 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It let me upload an animated one the other day. My impersonator had one as theirs so I used my wantypants login to check and it let my upload it so I assumed they had figured it out.

I think it may have something do to this version of V bulletinn as another forum I go on, since they changed you can no longer upload animates
    Work like you don't need money,
    Love like you've never been hurt,
    And dance like no one's watching
    Save the cheerleader, save the world!
  • gizmoleeds
    gizmoleeds Posts: 2,232 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Interesting - so you think there could be a way.... :think:
  • iwanttosave_2
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I can try it again. Let me go look :D
  • wantypants
    wantypants Posts: 20 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yep its let me upload it, so not sure why it wont work for some and not for others :confused:
  • gizmoleeds
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Can anyone with technical experience of forum software stuff tell us why this is - and what I can do to get mine uploaded?
  • iwanttosave_2
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Mmm well the plot doth thicken :think: I tried to upload your new avvy and it wouldnt let me. So I cant see why it will alow my avvy to upload when yours wont :confused:
  • Quincy_3
    Quincy_3 Posts: 2,204 Forumite
    Options
    I have seen a thread somewhere that said Animated ones are not allowed for new users but existing users can keep animated ones but only the same file name and size or something like that.
  • gizmoleeds
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Perhaps it is a file type thing....
  • gizmoleeds
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Quincy wrote:
    I have seen a thread somewhere that said Animated ones are not allowed for new users but existing users can keep animated ones but only the same file name and size or something like that.
    Well this newone is smaller than the one I have now. And I have just checked Wanty's and it is a gif - the same as mine. :think:
  • iwanttosave_2
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Quincy wrote:

but if thats the case why can wantypants upload that avvy, unless the software already recognises it or something and thats why it wouldnt let me upload Gizmos :confused:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business