PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

December 2009 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Kerfuffle
    Kerfuffle Posts: 1,384 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 29 November 2009 at 10:06PM
    Options
    Hi everybody,

Hi Helenjelly,

please can you include Kerfuffle for December for $381.50.

I know, it's a funny amount. It's because I'm going to try Nykmedia's Frugal Living 2010 Challenge and I'm having a practise run this month with an additional $50.00 for Christmas.

I haven't posted my Nov spend yet as I had to go shopping yesterday and I wasn't supposed to go until Dec so I'm going to do a bit of creative accountancy to see if I still come under budget, although it's not looking good.:rotfl:

Good luck everybody.
  • Spirit_2
    Spirit_2 Posts: 5,546 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Please can I join in again please?

Our budget excluding the Christmas shopping
    £150

I have yet to plan and cost the Festive meals. Ordered Turkey and Ham today , £70 plus - £3.40 per lb for a 14lb FR Bronze turkey and 5lb gammon.
  • helen_jelly
    Options
    Evening everyone

Budgets done up to and including Spirit - thank you

Helen x
    Projects made for craft fair - 40 :)
    1st fair on 13/4/14 :j
  • Stargirl29
    Stargirl29 Posts: 1,775 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 30 November 2009 at 12:18AM
    Options
    Well, having failed the November one by over £50 I'm determined to stick to Decembers one, especially with all the issues we're having at the moment :(

So I'm declaring £190 please, for all food/cat food but not including nappies/baby stuff. That'll come later when I have food under control! :p Luckily we're at inlaws for christmas and mums for new year so we don't have to worry about much festive food, so we should be able to stick with it.

Here's hoping for a better month, although it may be helped by the fact we may not have money to buy stuff anyway ;) Good luck everyone!

Jen xx

(Already spent £16.29 on whoopsied meat, bread and various bits and pieces for the weeks menus.)
  • Ansoff
    Ansoff Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    Can I join? ANSOFF

First time trying £400

I have joined the £4k challenge for 2010 so I need to start this month to see how difficult it will be.

Merry Christmas everyone.
    Pad Started 24/2/2010- £261.74
    Halifax - £3820.00
  • SunnyGirl
    SunnyGirl Posts: 2,639 Forumite
    Options
    philsmum wrote: »
    Hi. Has anyone found out what the Aldi super 6 are this week.
    Thanks Pat
    It's usually on their website here but it's sometimes slow to update as appears to be the case today :rolleyes: It might be on later. HTH
  • x_raphael_xx
    Options
    Can I join please? :)
    I'd like to pledge £70, that's just me & the dog. OH pays her half the grocerys as she likes chocolate & junk food, & I like fruit & salads!!!
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!

EF Challenger #3 £138.36 / £5000
    MFW 2024 #100 £00.00 / £10,000

MFiT #40 Jan 2025 Target - £99,999.00
    Mortgage at 30/09/22 £113,694.11 | Mortgage at 24/01/23 £110,707.87
    Mortgage at 21/04/23 £107,701.01 | Mortgage at 20/07/23 £106,979.65
    Mortgage at 04/10/23 £106,253.77 | Mortgage at 10/01/24 £105,324.57
  • scotsaver
    Options
    Morning everyone - big thanks to Pinkwinged, rosieben and helenjelly for getting us all up and running again and looking after us.:A

Can't believe we're into the last month of the year but I love it, I love having the family all together, friends visiting etc etc.

Have updated my total with first spends of the Month, had friends over for the weekend so it's taken a bit of a battering already, it's the booze that does it.:o

I had some good news Friday, I've been offered an Allotment Plot, viewed it on Saturday and I'm going to accept today - I am sooooooo excited, you've no idea - long term this is really going to help with the GC - it's an established plot that has been given up so already loads of fruit bushes etc etc on there and only a little bit of digging/tidying up needed over the next couple of weeks to get it sorted ready for planting up.:j:j:j

After all the rich food and drinking at the weekend Dinner tonight is going to be lighter, thought I'd do HM Macaroni cheese. Will be popping to Lidl later as I have 1 more £5 off voucher which has to be used today, will try to get some Salad bits to go with the Macaroni and will also buy some wine to put aside for Xmas.

Have a good day everyone.:D
    "WASTE NOT, WANT NOT!"
    GC for OH, myself, DD18 & DD16 includes Toiletries, cleaning stuff & Food.

• becky170
    becky170 Posts: 857 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Can I be put down for £100 again this month? That's just for me and includes cleaning and bathroom stuff. Going to try and make a good start to the month by having a NSD :)
    Mortgage-free wannabe #66 £105/4000
  • elly2
    elly2 Posts: 556 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, can i join again please ;) this months budget will be a bit different for me as i only have £30 per week for the first 3 weeks of the challenge (really need to save some cash). I have 3 freezers and 2 fridges which are full to bursting and should only need cat food, milk , eggs, pots and possibly bread. The plan is to do a stocktake and only use what i have. my challenge will run from the 2nd to the 30th and i will go back to my normal budget of £80 for christmas week so i can buy a few extra goodies.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure