PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

December 2009 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• JayJay14
    JayJay14 Posts: 1,918 Forumite
    Options
    HA my first sent of the December GC today - £22.55, will have to try harder.

Also wandered round town with DD2 bt she did most of the buying. I also had my eye test at Vision Express but want to Asda to order them (couldn't get a test at our branch this side of Xmas) So have spent £170 on 2 pairs of varifocals- less than I have ever paid for 1 pair!!! really good deal.
  • SarahNeedle1872
    Options
    Hiya everyone... would love to join again this month! Have declared my spends and discoveries in November, and would like to go in for £400 again this month. I have already done one week's meal plan, and put an order in for about £80, but I'm determined to come in this month! Going to have a good look through the recipes (I'm sure I said that last month, but this time I will :o ) Half of my problem is that I am just not organised!

Thanks Pink, Helen and Rosieben for running the challenge :)

Sx

Just amended my order as I opened the cupboard under the stairs to get something and found another bag of dog food that I bought last month when it was on offer :o ... and thats my problem! I try to stockpile offers then forget what I've got!! Part of plan to come in this month is to run the cupboards and freezer down, and only buy fresh stuff... we shall see! Want to get the Christmas food in this budget, shouldn't be much though as we are going to MiL for Christmas day :)

Sx
    'We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars' - Oscar Wilde
  • philsmum
    philsmum Posts: 150 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi. Has anyone found out what the Aldi super 6 are this week.
    Thanks Pat
    Debt free from April 2012:T:T:T:T:j:j:j:j
  • Maitane
    Maitane Posts: 360 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya all,
    I've been a bit M.I.A for October and November (internet issues in Snowdonia) but I'd like to be put down for £100 for December, I've been quite good over the months I've been away and I've managed to squirrel stuff away for this month. :A

Thanks.
    "We always find something, hey Didi, to give us the impression we exist?" Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot.
    DFW Club number 1212 - Proud to be dealing with my debts
  • albacookie
    Options
    Have spent £11.57 today, has been quite productive though - have made pumpkin soup, steak pie, lime & ginger cheesecake so yummy tea tonight and lots of leftovers for the week. :-)

(oh and made basil dipping oil for Xmas pressies too - sad looking basil plant was reduced to 20p!)
  • Frugaldom
    Frugaldom Posts: 6,939 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 29 November 2009 at 8:14PM
    Options
    cw18 wrote: »
    yes, they take debit cards. credit cards are a big no though.

I always pay using a cashback credit card, no problems in out nearest Ald! :confused:

On another 'use it up' week, so just had a use it up curry with rice and the remains of the use it up plum sponge. Got slow cooker set to cook another lot of chicken & rice soup and the only thing I'm running short of is toilet rolls after a weekend with DGD, who had the cold! I think she did everything but mummify herself in the stuff. And now I think I've caught her cold, so the pot of soup may be all I'll need for the next week! :rolleyes: Could be a cheap week here.
    I reserve the right not to spend.
    The less I spend, the more I can afford.

Frugal living challenge - living on £4000 in 2024
  • cw18
    cw18 Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    As recently as 3 weeks ago the chap on the till in our A!di was apologising to a customer that they couldn't take his card as it was a credit rather than debit - so sounds like a Scotland/England divide :confused:
    Cheryl
  • Flat_Eric
    Flat_Eric Posts: 4,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    As already mentioned in a previous post, Ive done my food plan for the next week. For Saturday, Im planning on having bonfire chilli (a recipe I found in the sainsb**y food mag. The recipe asks for red kidney beans. Now im a bit clueless !! If I buy a can of tinned red kidney beans, can I just add them to the dish or do I have to pre-cook them / soak them first???? I know that sounds a daft question but Ive heard horror stories about them :confused:

The dish also asks for black, eyed beans. Do I just add these also?

Im sorry that this isnt really the thread for this question but I wasnt sure where to ask it.
  • mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 7,927 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    with the tinned beans you just need to rinse them and add them

L1dl currently do them 20p a tin - very nce and comes with a ring pull so don't even need a tin opener
    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • SarahNeedle1872
    Options
    Just rinse and add.... I use Sainsbugs Basic ones, and they're perfect :)
    'We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars' - Oscar Wilde
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure