PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

December 2009 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• rosieben
    rosieben Posts: 5,010 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    falady wrote: »
    ... I have been feeling uninspired for recipes recently. I'm going to check the recipe index at the top of the thread though.

you might find some inspiration in the Complete Cooking Collection too, recipes of all sorts including some low cost ;)
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • elizabunny
    elizabunny Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    Options
    Evening all,

Well I had a little re-think and the oven chips went out of the window. Instead I made Cheese and Asparagus Quiche for dinner tonight and also another one for Xmas, which I plan on adding to the buffet for Boxing Day.

Spent my £5 voucher in MrL tonight and quite happy with the purchases. Cauil's are 39p at the moment and the one's I picked up were gorgeous, so I bought extra and have frozen the surplass:j Also U**erly Bu**erly on offer at the moment at 59p for 500 grams and as you can bake with it and freeze it, I stocked up on those as well.

I really must get down to that December/Xmas meal plan now!
    Sealed Pot Challenge 7 Member 022 :staradmin:staradmin:staradmin
    5:2 Diet started 28/1/2013 only 13lbs lost due to Xmas 2013 blip.
  • Tinkdh
    Tinkdh Posts: 33 Forumite
    Options
    Hi. Can you please put me down for £200 again please. Managed to come under budget last month and I'm determined to do the same this month! Thanks.:T
  • Aril
    Aril Posts: 1,877 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Please put me down for £200 [sorry I've also posted this on the November challenge:o
    Aril
    Aiming for a life of elegant frugality wearing a new-to-me silk shirt rather than one of hair!
  • jackie_w
    jackie_w Posts: 1,077 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well I had to go back out today to Mr A to buy:-

Robinsons Squash (the large bottle) £2.83
    Biscuits :o (i gave in to the kids) £2.00
    shower gel for DH £1.00
    Deoderant for DH £1.00

Total for this spend £6.83.

Will update sig

Jackie xx
  • JayJay14
    JayJay14 Posts: 1,918 Forumite
    Options
    Nsd for me today, had to go to the doctors so not much time to cook.

Had some lovely Lamb leg steaks for tea from ASDA (3 for £10 deal) - don't usually spend this much on one meal for the two of us but it wasn't too bad. Had the last of the home grown spuds, and crumble for pud made with some past-it pears from the fruit bowl.

Am now going to sit down and do some meal plans - my biggest problem is that I have plenty in the freezer but I just keep forgetting to take it out to defrost:rotfl:
  • cw18
    cw18 Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Just declared for November, so can now set my budget for December

Monthly budget for cw18 is £128.75 please Helen :)

Anyone inspecting my signature closely may wonder how my budget to end of November (£1211.45) plus my declared December budget (£128.75) comes to my annual budget of £1327.00 (given £1211.45+£128.75=£1340.20) ;)

My allocated budget for December is actually only £115.55, but as of the end of November my annual budget is showing an underspend of £13.20 - so I've added that onto December (and can now use it to cover a few Christmas extras, without having to cut back anywhere else in my food shopping :rolleyes2 )
    Cheryl
  • Botany
    Botany Posts: 244 Forumite
    Options
    Hello all - a big big thank you to Helen Jelly, Rosieben and Pinkwinged for all the work they put in for the Grocery Challenge : MUCH appreciated!!!

And a big welcome to albacookie, pink_numbers, cofeeholic, Signsof Recovery, Ansoff, xraphaelxx (I hope I have not missed anyone... I am a bit sleepy sorry!)

Anyway, I declared my £258.71 budget at the end of the November thread... it's going to be tough this month, with Christmas tempting our wallets.... but hey, if we GCers can't make it, who can :beer:

:rudolf:
  • mrsmortenharket
    Options
    Hello all!

Please put me down for £400 in Dec please!

Thanks

Lisa
  • helen_jelly
    Options
    elizabunny wrote: »
    Evening all,

Well I had a little re-think and the oven chips went out of the window. Instead I made Cheese and Asparagus Quiche for dinner tonight and also another one for Xmas, which I plan on adding to the buffet for Boxing Day.

Spent my £5 voucher in MrL tonight and quite happy with the purchases. Cauil's are 39p at the moment and the one's I picked up were gorgeous, so I bought extra and have frozen the surplass:j Also U**erly Bu**erly on offer at the moment at 59p for 500 grams and as you can bake with it and freeze it, I stocked up on those as well.

I really must get down to that December/Xmas meal plan now!

Hi DH wants to know if you freeze the cauli's as they are or do you do something to them first [notice DH is asking - I don't/can't/won't cook hehe] thanks helen x

PS I've noted all the budgets and am doing them ........................ now

Helen x
    Projects made for craft fair - 40 :)
    1st fair on 13/4/14 :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills