PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

December 2009 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Flat_Eric
    Flat_Eric Posts: 4,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Evening all
    Nice meal tonight using up meat left over from yesterday and veg bought end of last week and not used ! meal planned up until 11 December now :jIm cooking bonfire chilli on saturday evening and Im hoping this will do for tea sunday as well :D

Have Tesco coming on Saturday. have ordered just what is needed. feel a bit cheated because I have spent £46.00 odd (including delivery) and if I spent £50 plus, I could get £5.00 off but the £46.00 doesnt include the money to come off from the offers i have picked. I dont want to order stuff just for the sake of qualifying for the money off voucher.

This will eat into my budget quite a bit but Im stocking up on cat food and toilet roll so hopefully this will see us through for the minute. I do have very well stocked cupboards and my mum will be doing her usual christmas baking extraganza soon so plenty of treats will be coming my way :j
  • Jevvers
    Jevvers Posts: 648 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi please put me down for£250 again in December. That's for 2 adults, a toddler and a baby and includes nappies and cleaning products. Thanks :j
    Mortgage 1: £243,034 0.99%, i/o, ends May 2026 MFW date 20 Aug 2020
    Mortgage 2: [STRIKE]£166,966[/STRIKE] £159,066 0.99%, repaymt, ends Oct 2033
    Total: £402,100
  • taka
    taka Posts: 3,483 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Can I do an update too Helen? I'm up to £1230.48 for the year to date. I have £89.52 left for the rest of the year! :eek:

It should be ok but this month may have to be a bit of a store cupboard challenge... :rolleyes: I have loads of pasta - I'm sure its breeding in my cupboard along with the jars of pesto! (6 jars :eek:) :rotfl: I also realised yesterday I have 16 cans of baked beans. :confused: God knows why... I think I've had them maybe 4 times this year... :rolleyes: :rotfl:

Thanks to my parents having gone to C0stco recently I also have almost enough loo rolls for the next year! :eek: :rotfl:

Wanders off to add pasta & pesto and baked spud & baked beans to menu plan...

and again...

and again...

and again... :rotfl:
    Mortgage free as of 12/08/20!
    MFiT-5 no 45
    You can't fly with one foot on the ground!
  • AllBuyMyself
    Options
    Hello scrimpers and savers.

This is my first challenge. I've saving up for a deposit on a house. I'm going to try to limit myself to £75.00 for December, including all food and drink.
    Sealed Pot Virtual Sealed Pot £365 in 365 days
    2010 Challenges:
    Pay off credit cards :rolleyes:
    Save towards a house deposit :j
    Lose 4 stone!!! _pale_[/FONT]
    January 2010 Grocery Challenge £75.92/£80 :rolleyes: (lost 7.5 pounds so far
  • Jevvers
    Options
    Did a lovely dinner tonight, if I do say so myself: Moroccan lamb stew. I had some lamb chops in the freezer since august so thought I'd better use them up. Fried an onion and then browned the meat and added loads of veg odds and ends from the fridge - bit of aubergine, butternut squash, couple of carrots and spuds - and a can of chickpeas plus some paprika, cumin, parsley, veg stock and a handful of rasins. Brought it all to the boil then stuck it in the oven for two hours and served w couscous, yoghurt and harissa dressing which had been in the fridge for weeks. It was DELICIOUS! :)
  • AllBuyMyself
    Options
    That sounds lovely Jevvers! And there I was all pleased with myself because I'd cooked up some ratatouille and grilled some chicken!
    Sealed Pot Virtual Sealed Pot £365 in 365 days
    2010 Challenges:
    Pay off credit cards :rolleyes:
    Save towards a house deposit :j
    Lose 4 stone!!! _pale_[/FONT]
    January 2010 Grocery Challenge £75.92/£80 :rolleyes: (lost 7.5 pounds so far
  • ajmoney
    ajmoney Posts: 6,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    During November we spent around £180 on groceries. This month I am going to be daring and put down for £200. We are going to other people for all our Christmas meals and are going away for a short break just before so it will probably be less, but just in case...
    MFW 2024 No. 7 £400/£1200 MFiT-T6 No. 70 £15420.41/£22787.04
  • Jevvers
    Options
    Thanks AllBuy, it was! Surprisingly easy though - I love one pot cooking. And there's some left for tomorrow :)
  • Sunnyday
    Sunnyday Posts: 3,855 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everyone :wave:

i`ve managed to plan my budget for this month.

Fingers crossed for this month (think i`ll need to keep em crossed all month though)

Rosieben / Helen Jelly would you please put me down for £240 please this month.

I`m off to read the thread no before it gets soooo long that i`ve no hope of catching up :D

Good luck everyone.
    Planning on starting the GC again soon :p
  • XSpender
    XSpender Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

The roast dinner I planned for last night went out of the window as I was sooooo tired. Had a day off yesterday and sorted out my kitchen and store cupboard. I keep forgetting I don't have the same amount of energy now I am pregnant and I wore myself out.

That meant a trip to Mr S for some burgers Dh has been craving for days and pizza and chips for me along with some milk:o Another £7.83 spent.

I was so tired last night I forgot to put the breadmaker on so no bread for DH lunch today so he has gone to work with beans but no toast!

I am off to Mr T today to return the shower gel I was overcharged for, buy wine for Christmas and get the last bits for the two hampers I am making. The hamper stuff comes out of a different budget though.

I am out to dinner with some friends tonight so DH will have the rest of his burgers so no cooking for me!:D

XS
    Save £10,500 - £2673.77 - 25.5%
    Pay off £7000 - £1743 - 19.4%
    Make £2021 extra income - £99.75
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business