PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

December 2009 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• falady
    falady Posts: 584 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone, well another spend of £15.99 on dog food, but that should the greyhound for the month. I may have to buy another bag later in the month, but will see how it goes.

Will update my sig...

Ali x
    Not Buying It 2015 :)
  • thisismoneysaving
    Options
    I had a NSD yesterday!!!! I'm aiming for 8 over the month.
    Today will be a definate No-NSD...! Going for coffee with a friend at lunch & cinema tonight.

Wishing everyone a frugal day :)
    Trying hard to money save....
  • SaverShell
    Options
    Hi everyone

I'm new to this but I've been watching for a while. Could I please be included in Decembers Challenge with a budget of £300. :eek:

I think this is roughly what we are spending at the minute which is silly when it's just 2 of us so I'd really like to get this down.

My month started on Monday but just remembered I hadn't signed up.

Thank you very much and good luck everybody. :grin:
  • prettypaula
    Options
    hi Shell!! :)

Ive just had a surprise lots of Mr T clubcard vouchers through s an early chrstmas promo, so i have £6.50 worth of vouchers, which is great as i need bin bags and some pastry/mince meat. :)
    DFW - Debt Free Date July 2013, LBM Oct 2011

Total Debt Sept 2011 £23,708.39
    Paid so far £2,383.91 :money:
    Current Debt £21,560.56

• franby64
    franby64 Posts: 944 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 2 December 2009 at 2:21PM
    Options
    Yes - I got some Tesco vouchers today as well - though I had noticed that the points had disappeared off my receipt.
    Not sure whether to use them for Xmas food or save them towards my next lot of magazine subs which is what I usually use them for.

I have noodles!.. and onions, a red pepper, 2 courgettes and a small loaf - but no advent calendars - well I tried! £3.86.
    August Shopping Challenge. 26/8. Budget £250 Spent £256.81.. £6.81 over. So £0.00 a day left.
  • Phoolgrrrl
    Options
    Please put me down for £100. This is for me and OH for all food and household stuff.
  • helen_jelly
    helen_jelly Posts: 2,982 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon everyone

Welcome to our new people and a big hi to you.
    Please feel free to ask any questions as someone nice will always come along and help out, they are a great bunch of people on here, don't forget to check out the recipes posted on page 1 by Rosieben.

I have made a note of all budgets up to and including Phoolgrrrl [fantastic name] and I'll amend the front page with them later [banging headache now]

Have fun no shopping

Helen x
    Projects made for craft fair - 40 :)
    1st fair on 13/4/14 :j
  • elizabunny
    elizabunny Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon All!

OMG:eek: One of our doggies is quite poorly and has to go on a special prescription diet. She is a GSD and this will work out at around £5.35p per day :eek: It gets worse, she may have to stay on it for 6 months:eek:

Now by my reckoning that equates to about £150+ per month which is more than our usual GC Budget:eek::eek::eek: and the insurance will only pay possibly up to 25%

It looks like DH and me will be grazing on the lawn for the next 6 months.

On a brighter note, a NSD for me so far today, if I get to midnight that will be 2 in a row..........................could do with around 180 in a row:rolleyes:

Comforting myself with HM Beef Stew and Dumplings for Dinner tonight and the leftover Banana Pud from yesterday.
    Sealed Pot Challenge 7 Member 022 :staradmin:staradmin:staradmin
    5:2 Diet started 28/1/2013 only 13lbs lost due to Xmas 2013 blip.
  • prettypaula
    Options
    elizabunny, research getting it cheaper elsewhere, your vet is obliged to give you the prescription rather than dispense it if you ask.

Also what is the issue, is there a more natural diet that could mimic it? My cat has a number of allergies and buying the food the vet recommended was crippling us. We did some research and found another hypo allergenic completely natural dry food for a 1/4 the price.

xxx
    DFW - Debt Free Date July 2013, LBM Oct 2011

Total Debt Sept 2011 £23,708.39
    Paid so far £2,383.91 :money:
    Current Debt £21,560.56

• elizabunny
    elizabunny Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    edited 2 December 2009 at 4:23PM
    Options
    elizabunny, research getting it cheaper elsewhere, your vet is obliged to give you the prescription rather than dispense it if you ask.

Also what is the issue, is there a more natural diet that could mimic it? My cat has a number of allergies and buying the food the vet recommended was crippling us. We did some research and found another hypo allergenic completely natural dry food for a 1/4 the price.

xxx

She had developed 'Stuvite Crystals' (I think this is a bit like kidney stones:confused:) and the prescription food helps dissolve them. I have checked some places online for cheaper prices but I'm not having too much luck so far. Thanks for your advice though I will keep looking and hope something may turn up. X
    Sealed Pot Challenge 7 Member 022 :staradmin:staradmin:staradmin
    5:2 Diet started 28/1/2013 only 13lbs lost due to Xmas 2013 blip.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure