We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Making chocolates or sweets

Options

Comments

• cookiedough38
    Options
    these ideas are great, I am going to my new boyfriends parents house on christmas day evening and boxing day so am making them a platter of goodies!
    Debt free wannabe
    Littlewoods - £214.82 (DD set up so 0%)
    Very - £100 (0% on BNPL - 1/4/13)
    CC - £2600/£3533.53 (0% until 1/6/14)
  • laura16_2
    Options
    Jetty - I'm thinking of turkish delight because thats my favorite
    Sealed pot challenge 1875
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    I'm thinking about turkish delight too, and have been ever since somebody further up the thread mentioned them !!
  • laura16_2
    Options
    yep I'm the same I proberbly should start with something easier seen as everyone has struggled with it so far but I'll give it a go
    Sealed pot challenge 1875
  • jetty
    jetty Posts: 3,011 Forumite
    Options
    laura16 wrote: »
    Jetty - I'm thinking of turkish delight because thats my favorite

You have to let us know how it goes :D

Mardatha, you crack me up :rotfl:
    Man who run into airport turn-styles is going to Bangkok

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research ;)
  • jetty
    Options
    these ideas are great, I am going to my new boyfriends parents house on christmas day evening and boxing day so am making them a platter of goodies!

Are you nervous or have you met them before? I bet they will love you with all the goodies you make :D

• hdollabbott
    Options
    hi there

i have a great wee recipe that doent last long in my house lol i only do it at chrismas to keep it special and i think its a bit christmasy white chocolate being snow and the cany canes are always a christmas thing

white chocolate ,candy canes and peppermint essence.

you make up how much you use i normally use 2 bar of asda white chocolate 4 candy canes smashed up and 2 drops of peppermint essence . greaseproof paper in a backing tray then spread quite thinnly let it set then break up into uneven pecies ...... i little peice of heaven lol

enjoy

heather
  • jetty
    Options
    Okay, i have made the rocky road which is setting in the fridge, made adapted 15's, just cherries and milk and white chocolate drops :D and i have made the mint choccies again.... on to the truffles :D Got my mum and dad coming down to be guinea pigs!!

Oh and the peanut brittle is in the bin, i think it's too complicated for me!! That and i had to guess measurements as i have packed my scales :rotfl:

• mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    edited 11 December 2009 at 7:21PM
    Options
    Jetty, can I come and live next door to you please ? I promise I'll behave... :)
    Forgot to say, my son's g/f got me 3 bottles of rose water, and today the postie handed me.... a gorgeously smelling bag full of broken glass...
    :(
  • Kazipoo
    Kazipoo Posts: 806 Forumite
    Options
    mardatha wrote: »
    Jetty, can I come and live next door to you please ? I promise I'll behave... :)
    Forgot to say, my son's g/f got me 3 bottles of rose water, and today the postie handed me.... a gorgeously smelling bag full of broken glass...
    :(

Awww i'm absolutely gutted for you!! I ended up getting mine from morrisons if its any help.
    Starting weight 17st 4lb - weight now 15st 2lbs

30lb lost of 30lb by June 2012 :j:j:j (80lb overall goal)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure