PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Freezing onions

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Take_it_like_a_man,_sonny
    Options
    We buy a bag og onions, and keep them in the dar next to the tatties for the month. When required, we chop them into bits, or toe nails, use what we need, and box and fridge the left overs.

Onions last a month, tatties last a month!
    I hvae nt snept th lst fw mntes writg ths post fr yu t cme alng hre nd agre wth m!

Cheers! :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:
  • PipneyJane
    PipneyJane Posts: 4,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    jumblejack wrote: »
    I'm in the same predicament. I can't resist a bargain so have 15 Kilos to use up!!!
    I made French onion soup last night and had some for dinner:
    photo-76.jpg?t=1337165420

Tomorrow I am making a kidney bean curry (rajmah) as kidney beans are only 18p in Tesco at the moment and it uses up more onions.

Soup looks yummy!

Jumblejack, what is your Rajmah recipe, please? I had one from the back of a pack of dried kidney beans, tried it and liked it but foolishly stuck it into a recipe book that I've loaned out. Not sure it'll come back with the Rajmah recipe inside it.

I've tried searching the packets of dried kidney beans to get another copy but none of them seem to carry it any longer. I've also tried searching the various manufacturer's websites, without luck. I did find a couple of recipes on line but they aren't the same as I remember - this particular version used a lot of ground corriander (a tablespoon, I think). Anyway, this is a long winded way of saying "if you've got a tasty, easy, Rajmah recipe, please share it".

TIA.
    "Be the type of woman that when you get out of bed in the morning, the devil says 'Oh crap. She's up.' "

It ain’t what you do, it’s the way that you do it - that’s what gets results!

2024 Fashion on the Ration Challenge 66 coupons, 0 spent.
  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    ive merged this with our freezing onions thread :)

Zip
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills