MobileValuer.com Discussion Area

in Mobiles
54 replies 38.1K views

Replies

• One thing your Q and As don't mention is that some companies don't contact you to offer you a lesser amount. I sent a phone into Banana Green. In my opinion it was in excellent condition but because they viewed it as having "minor cosmetic damage", they sent me a cheque 2 weeks later for 10% less than my original quote. No discussions or opportunity to have the phone back! I will never use them again.
  • Just used cashinmyfone via Quidco and got the same as the top price on the valuer for my old Sony K850i plus £4.50 cashback:T... will let you know how quickly it gets processed!
  • BERFFROBERFFRO Forumite
    253 Posts
    I have only ever used two recycling sites so far, I'd highly recommend Love2recycle to anyone very quick turn around.

The other i have used is Money4urmobile they offered the higher price at the time, They used BACS payment(They charge for a cheque) so i thought a quick turnaround was guaranteed. How wrong was i 10 working days since they have acknowledged receipt and still waiting for payment.

My advice is to choose very carefully who you send your phone too, A couple of quid difference sometimes isn't worth the hassle.
  • Span1976Span1976 Forumite
    14 Posts
    makes it simple to find prices available - used envirofone in the end (they offered a few pounds lower) b'cos they are one i've heard of before as my sister has used them (and was happy with the service etc). :)
  • Ocean007Ocean007 Forumite
    97 Posts
    Hi,

Thought I'd mention that Cex.co.uk are worth checking out too. Their offer prices for iPhone 3G 8GB are highest at £256 for a mint condition, unlocked phone. Prices are lower for worse condition & locked phones.
    That's a massive £67 more via Cex than the highest listed on Mobilevaluer. (Though I imagine prices might drop if hundreds of MSEer's flooded them with iPhones!)

Hope thats of some use.
  • Anyone else seeing this?

Tried on IE8 and Chrome.

Select "Fully Working" in first box.

Select manufacturer in second box - tried Blackberry and SonyEricsson.

Entered model in third box - tried several - also tried picking from full list.

Result: all three boxes disappear (can't attach screenshot, sorry!).
  • hugueskhuguesk Forumite
    2 Posts
    This is not the first time i have sent a mobile phone to get some money. Last time i sent a phone to Mazuma and it was quick and efficient less than 48 hours later i got a cheque. Now with the Post office's Simply Drop i sent my phone by special delivery on the 10.03.10 and i still have not received any payment. i have called them at least 4 times. the 3rd time i called i was helped by a friendly lady who then sent me an email confirming that they had to do a manual search and found my phone and that i would be receiving a text message to pick up my money. that was on the 26.03.10. i contacted them this morning and i am gone back to square one where an other lady is now saying that the system shows as not received and need to investigate. i would STRONGLY recommend you not to use the envelope provided and send it by special or recorded delivery. Not impressed by Simply Drop at all.
  • ForgetfulForgetful Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    just trying out Cashinmyfone.com... first time recycling so see how it goes...
  • mateypeepsmateypeeps Forumite
    166 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    The mobilevaluer.com utility does not detect that my Vodafone 533 is worth £1 to mobile phone xchange, or £1.06 to Envirofone.

That is not very impressive is it?

Well, I am not impressed anyway.
  • MORPH3USMORPH3US Forumite
    4.9K Posts
    Anyone else having problems with the valuer?

I just valued my Nokia 5800 and got £88, £80, £79.50 and £75.08 plus a few more.

I thought it was strange though as Fone Bank weren't listed so I though perhaps Fone Bank have gone bust or just aren't buying that phone at the moment.

Went on Fone Bank's site and it was listed for £80 (i.e. second highest) and I have used this company before and they have been EXCELLENT (check their feedback thread out).

Is the tool broken?
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides