MobileValuer.com Discussion Area

in Mobiles
54 replies 38K views

Replies

• I too am having issues with mobilephonebuyer - I sent them my apple IPHONE 3GS 13 days ago and have had no contact except for an email to say they have received my phone 10 days ago. They say that payment will be guaranteed within 7 days !!!!!

There is no phone number that works for them (both numbers engaged - 0870 744 7530 and 01252 404608 (from WHOIS registry)) and there are no replies to emails. Its very frustrating not knowing what is going on, and not having any contact from them !!

Does anyone know if the website is actually legit ?? Martin - should you really be including them in your tables if not ???

Any help or info gratefully received.
  • korny88korny88 Forumite
    122 Posts
    lynzog wrote: »
    I traded in my phone to Carphone Warehouse (it has to be in good condition) and got cash straight away and more than these recycling places are offering. (Sony W595 best offer was £45 I got £60) Best checking these then go in and see how much you can get. When I noticed this I was gutted as I thought I missed out but obviously got a better deal!! :beer:

Did they give you cash up front without having to buy another phone or was the £60 used to deduct from the price of a new phone?
  • Hi new to the forum but i too have had problems with mobilephonebuyer.net

All i can say to anyone thats searching and come across these posts DO NOT use them under any circumstances.

Why?

I sent 2 phones on 30th Nov. They said £23 (not massive amount i know) then heard absolutely nothing resigned myself to the fact that the "Freepost MPB" address was dodgy as i thought when i wrote on the jiffy bag. Anyway then out of the blue got an email on 10th Dec (10 days later) to say they would only offer me £10 for one phone and £3 for the other (which is a joke but i agreed via return email) that day.

I emailed back "[email protected]" and since then my account says payment sent and guess what......it hasnt so all in all a complete waste of time and money. Im just so thankful i used 3 companies to send my other old phones to, the others being simply drop (very good got a postal order within days) and fonebank (again same service cheque very quickly arrived in 3 days).

By bizzare coincidence ive checked my online banking and have received £10 from someone i dont know and not the £13 i was promised....probably a strange coincidence but since mobilephonebuyer are the only ones i gave my bank details to recently i suspect it was them but it shows as a name of a person as opposed to a credit with the company name.....very odd and maybe santa will bring me £13 after all?!

Im not going to lose any sleep over it but i just wish i could meet whoever "owns" mpb and well ill leave it at that.

Martin

Why oh why oh why have you recommended mobile phone buyer?

Merry xmas people.
  • Former_MSE_ArchnaFormer_MSE_Archna Former MSE
    1.9K Posts
    MSE Staff
    Hi,

Please can you PM me your details and I will try and look into it for you.

Thanks

Archna
  • jmf76jmf76 Forumite
    363 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    I've had a similar problem with mobilephonebuyer - set up an account & phone order with them 29th Nov, got a freepost envelope from them 21st Dec, posted my phone 23rd Dec (knew I should have popped back on here before sending :mad:) and have heard nothing since.

DFW Lightbulb moment Sept 2006, Debt-free Dec 2009 :j:j:j
    £2015 in 2015: £0
    Comping: No wins yet :think:
    MFW 2015 0/1200
  • what does the vouchers mean on the mobilevaluer.com?
  • jmf76jmf76 Forumite
    363 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    jmf76 wrote: »
    I've had a similar problem with mobilephonebuyer - set up an account & phone order with them 29th Nov, got a freepost envelope from them 21st Dec, posted my phone 23rd Dec (knew I should have popped back on here before sending :mad:) and have heard nothing since.

I emailed mpb and they emailed back the next day to say they'd not received the phone. Then 2 days later I got another email stating they'd received the phone and payment would be made, which was a further 2 days after this. Slow to get off the mark but eventually got a satisfactory outcome.

DFW Lightbulb moment Sept 2006, Debt-free Dec 2009 :j:j:j
    £2015 in 2015: £0
    Comping: No wins yet :think:
    MFW 2015 0/1200
  • Hi

i am also having problems with mobilephonebuyer.

I sent a mobile to them on the 27th November 2009 - not heard a thing since then...........

I have tried to send several emails, but heard nothing in reply.

I had assumed that it was just slow because of the Christmas post, but not to hear any reply for over 8 weeks now is just not acceptable.

Do this company still exist? Does anyone have a contact email or telephone number?

I would recommend everyone avoid this firm until the very bad customer service is resolved.
  • Read all the blurb on the tool and looked at customer comments on various recycling companies. Much negative comment. Just to set the record straight and with no bias, I chose Mazuma and this is what happened:
    Monday 25 Jan set up selling contract
    Wednesday 27 Jan postal pack arrived
    Thursday 28 Jan sent old mobiles Special Delivery
    Saturday 30 Jan received cheque for full payment
    Can't complain about that!
  • www.cashinmyfone.com is another one to try. They seem to be part of the same company as envirofone.com as the cheque comes from envirofone, but they sometimes offer you more than envirofone do.

Furthermore, you can get an additional £4.50 per trade if you go via Quidco!

I have successfully used them several times recently.

sellmymobile is another
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides