HATTON GARDEN METALS Feedback Thread

Options

Comments

• nem0501
    Options
    After reading reviews of this company I decided to send in various bits of gold I had lying around unused. I weighed it as 20 grams of 9ct and 6 grams of 18ct. It was posted on the 31st of August by Royal Mail Special Delivery and by 11:15am on the 1st of September I had an email confirming the remittance to my chosen account.

I was astounded at the amount..... Pleased as punch with nearly £320.00 being paid. The weight of both kinds of gold was greater than I thought and Hatton Garden Metals were honest enough to say that!

I highly recommend this company and intend to tell family and friends about them.

I have never left feedback for a company or service before, but felt compelled to do so this time as I have been so impressed. This country needs far more companies like this!

Thank you to MSE for researching Scrap Gold companies and for pointing me in the right direction.
  • alan_S_3
    Options
    I'm only really repeating what others have said and would not have used their service without Moneysavingexperts forum recommendations.

However they really did meet all expectations. 25% more than my local high street were offering and incredibly prompt payment. I would unhesitatingly recommend them

Alan
  • nickysel
    Options
    Great service - much higher rate than local jewellers - & £5.05 Special Delivery wasn't much more than it would have cost me in town centre parking. Posted yesterday - email/remittance today. Wasn't at all sure a couple of pieces were gold, so I included them in the 9ct gold bag & got estimates with & without the suspect pieces. Turned out they weren't gold - & I ended up with a couple of quid more than the lower estimate. 18ct was spot on...........& you don't need much 18ct to make a tidy little profit
    :j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j

As far as some peoples' concerns about spamming - I'm glad I went with my hunch that not ALL this feedback could be generated by HGM (Tho' I must say those reviews that say they had "email contact every step of the way" confused me. How many steps are there?? You submit your details (one); they receive, check & pay for your jewellery (two.)

Nonetheless, I'm a very happy - & richer - bunny!!
  • Kaz08_2
    Options
    I had some scrap gold, not much, and having read MSE I took their advice. I used kitchen scales and it was around the 3g mark. I've just completed a transaction with HGPG (2/09/10) and was very pleased with the outcome. They have an easy to use website with all the information that you would require and clearly have more accurate scales than mine as they weighed my scrap gold as 5g.
    I sent the item by special del yesterday and the money is in my account today! Excellant service from a reliable and honest company. I would not hesitate in using them again. Thank you MSE and HG :T
  • dandock
    Options
    Just received BACS transfer from HGM within hours of them receiving our goods. The value was as per quoted - ie as per their morning price fix which follows the market am price fix and is extremely competitive - if not the best price I found. I had previously spoken with them on the phone and found them to be very polite and helpful and ultimately they did 'exactly what it said on their tin'. Cannot think of any critisism. Excellent service and great value! :T
  • Thanks to Money Saving Experts.com! I am always a bit sceptical about money making schemes but after reading the links re. Hatton Garden Metals, I sent some old broken jewellery at 11.00am on Wednesday and on Thursday, I checked my emails and bank account at lunchtime and the money had already been deposited! It only cost me £5.09 to send it by special delivery at the post office. Even better - because the gold is valued daily - I was lucky enough to receive an additional £10 above the online quote. As part of my trawl of my old jewellery, I found an orphaned earring - (the other one was lost at sea on hols four years ago). It was 14k gold and weighed just 3 grams and I received £43.53 for it! Now telling everyone about HGM. Fantastic service.
  • BARNEYBEAR
    Options
    HAVING SOME GOLD BITS AND PIECES WHICH I WANTED TO SELL, I LOOKED AT VARIOUS WEB SITES. I LOOKED AT THE HATTON GARDEN METALS SITE AND THOUGHT IT LOOKED PROFESSIONAL AND STRAIGHT FORWARD. ALSO, I WAS ABLE TO OBTAIN A QUOTE
    WHICH WHICH IS SOMETHING NOT ALL GOLD BUYING SITES OFFER.
    I ALSO READ ALL THE POSITIVE COMMENTS ABOUT THIS COMPANY ON MONEY SAVING EXPERT. I POSTED OFF THE ITEMS YESTERDAY BY SPECIAL DELIVERY, AND WAS AMAZED TO RECEIVE AN EMAIL THIS MORNING AT 11.40AM TELLING ME THAT THE MONEY HAD BEEN PAID INTO MY BANK ACCOUNT. I WAS EXTREMELY HAPPY WITH THE AMOUNT AND THE QUICK, PROFESSIONAL, FRIENDLY SERVICE. I WOULD RECOMMEND HATTON GARDEN METALS TO EVERYONE. :j:j
  • ianonline
    ianonline Posts: 1,204 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    BARNEYBEAR wrote: »
    HAVING SOME GOLD BITS AND PIECES WHICH I WANTED TO SELL, I LOOKED AT VARIOUS WEB SITES. I LOOKED AT THE HATTON GARDEN METALS SITE AND THOUGHT IT LOOKED PROFESSIONAL AND STRAIGHT FORWARD. ALSO, I WAS ABLE TO OBTAIN A QUOTE
    WHICH WHICH IS SOMETHING NOT ALL GOLD BUYING SITES OFFER.
    I ALSO READ ALL THE POSITIVE COMMENTS ABOUT THIS COMPANY ON MONEY SAVING EXPERT. I POSTED OFF THE ITEMS YESTERDAY BY SPECIAL DELIVERY, AND WAS AMAZED TO RECEIVE AN EMAIL THIS MORNING AT 11.40AM TELLING ME THAT THE MONEY HAD BEEN PAID INTO MY BANK ACCOUNT. I WAS EXTREMELY HAPPY WITH THE AMOUNT AND THE QUICK, PROFESSIONAL, FRIENDLY SERVICE. I WOULD RECOMMEND HATTON GARDEN METALS TO EVERYONE. :j:j

OK, so you're happy, but there's
    NO NEED TO SHOUT !! :eek:
  • big-steve_3
    Options
    Just used Hatton Garden two days ago, I was very apprehensive of sending my gold away as it weighed in excess of 356 grams, one heavy curb chain and one heavy curb bracelet. Both 9ct gold. Bit the bullet sent as two packets on special delivery that lunch time and by 11:00 am the next day I had a reply and payement as promised of £3330.08 in my account. Amazing!!! Thanks Hatton Metals Im one happy customer.

Big Steve
  • Emmafoo
    Options
    Did the online calculation Friday, sent items via Special Delivery Saturday, kept track of progress via online account, cash paid in and cleared in my bank account lunchtime Monday!

Woohoo! :j
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure