Zig's 'Save for a House and Stay out of Debt' Diary!

Options

Comments

• zigmeister
    zigmeister Posts: 1,099 Forumite
    Options
    I fourth it! :D

I'm gonna have tea early then do what you all recommend :)

I'm going to the Boots night tomorrow. Most of my Christmas list is from Boots so I said to my Mum it'd be easier for me to go and get it all for her. It's win-win! :p She's moaning that I won't have any surprises but I'd rather know what I'm, getting, knowing that I had got it as MSE as possible!

Was thinking earlier that I have my first proper item for the future home - a Breville sandwich press! I was given one but haven't used it yet so I'm gonna keep it all new and save it for our house. :)
    Total Debt (Dec 2015) £11,500 : Currently £7,675
    House Deposit Savings : £8,600/£25,000
    Lose 21lb : 0/21
  • zigmeister
    Options
    I'm trying to write a sodding Thanksgiving lesson plan and it sucks. I feel like crap, my glands/throat/head/back/tummy hurt and I wish it was the end of placement. But I'm also dreading the end of placement because of my review. :(

Some good Quidco news though - the money for various bits has been received so I'll be getting that in a week or so. It's £147 so that's my spending money for Bruges sorted! :D

I have a teeny debt - my £79 shoes. It's on my overdraft at the mo and even though it's interest-free I want it gone! So that's my target to clear. :)
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Options
    Zig!! What happened to getting an early night? :naughty:
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • Dinah93
    Dinah93 Posts: 11,463 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    I know its only teeny Zig but don't fall back on old habits. Only buy it if you have it.
    Debt January 1st 2018 £96,999.81
    Debt September 20th 2022 £2991.68- 96.92% paid off
    Met NIM 23/06/2008
  • zigmeister
    Options
    :o *Hangs head..*

The early night didn't happen because I really struggled to plan my lessons, and I fell asleep by accident so didn't wake up until 9 and then had to have tea!

And I completely get what you're saying Dinah, and my only justification is that I said to myself I would only buy them if they were reduced, and 40% off was too good to resist! :o

Went to the Boots night tonight and got my Christmas presents for me, on behalf of my Mum! I bought:

S&G Shower House
    S&G Plane Jane
    S&G Scent-Sational
    S&G Moisture Gloves
    Botanics Essential Oil Mixing Kit
    Botanics Oil Burner

And I also bought some dry shampoo, cotton wool and 3 items using the £5 off skincare vouchers so that's a few more things for my little present stash.
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Options
    Hi Zig, don't worry too much about the shoes, they'll soon be paid off. Wow lots of S&G to play with on Christmas Day then - are they all sets, I don't recognise the names? Hope you're not too stressed with work. Have you got any nice plans for the weekend, seeing OH?
  • zigmeister
    edited 27 November 2009 at 6:57PM
    Options
    Yeah the shoes will be paid off soon so I'm not worried :)

Yep they're all sets!

S&G Shower House Pamper Box
    S&G Plane Jane
    S&G Scent-Sationalism

The first two come in nice boxes/bags so I'm well pleased! And I have £65 worth of points on my card! :D

I'm just managed to get Sunday off as holiday so I can get on with my planning ready for my final week of placement. So that's a bit of a relief. I do need to pop out on Saturday though to get a few bits. Ooh just realised it's payday! :T

My throat is so sore, and I'm starting to cough. Joy. It hasn't been much fun trying to teach when your voice has gone! :rolleyes:

ETA - So I've not really got any nice plans for the weekend Tete! OH is being lovely though, which is nice. I'm almost glad everything went a bit wrong cuz it seems so much better at the moment. :)
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Options
    I'm glad :) I like the look of Plane Jane!
  • wendz86
    wendz86 Posts: 7,171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Glad things are better with OH and hope you are feeling better soon!
  • zigmeister
    Options
    Woohoo placement has finished! :j

It was very stressful but I got there in the end. I can't describe how nice it is knowing that I don't have to think about planning or QTS standards for a while! But I still have a big to do list for the next few days...

Bruges is in 3 days! :D

To Do List for the Weekend and Monday

Bruges Stuff

Action plan - train times, activities etc
    Change money to Euros
    Pack my bag
    Charge cameras

Other

Finish leaflet assignment for uni
    Write TA report for uni
    Collect stuff to use in creativity presentation for uni
    Write and send Christmas cards
    Write list of bought/need to buy Christmas presents

I know there's more but I can't remember at the moment. I'm working Sunday and then going round my Dad's for dinner so that's a whole day I don't have to do anything. Plus I have uni Monday so I need my uni stuff done by then, and I don't have long on Monday to do anything. I'm going to be knackered in Bruges!

Money is going ok at the moment, but I haven't been able to check it much s I could be wrong! :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills