Zig's 'Save for a House and Stay out of Debt' Diary!

Options

Comments

• zigmeister
    zigmeister Posts: 1,099 Forumite
    Options
    Ew Louise that must have been disgusting! The least you would expect is a giftcard! I'll go and find your diary in a minute :)

Exactly Cinny! Tesco are stupid. The woman was like 'we need your receipt to see when you bought it' and I said 'but the use by date is today so I obviously bought it not that long ago' :rolleyes:

Those sneaky jumpers and dvds bumped it up.. :p OH paid for tea which was nice. Bloody KFC again though. Getting sick of it but we had nothing in for tea cuz the stupid pork!
    Total Debt (Dec 2015) £11,500 : Currently £7,675
    House Deposit Savings : £8,600/£25,000
    Lose 21lb : 0/21
  • Flower08
    Flower08 Posts: 4,771 Forumite
    Options
    Ooh i love KFC, havent had it for aaaaages though.
    Biggest Loser Weight Loss: 13 / 20 lb
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Options
    Eesh, I'm terrible, when I saw that list I didn't think "Tch, well of course it came to a lot, she bought FIVE JUMPERS" ... I thought "Ooh, £3 jumpers, I wonder if they have them in my Asda?" :o:o:D

That is horrible about the bone in the burger! Would put me off for a good long while I think! I don't understand the fuss about the receipt, surely the meat was in date and it was off - that's faulty goods in my eyes, you shouldn't need a receipt in any case.
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • zigmeister
    Options
    Eesh, I'm terrible, when I saw that list I didn't think "Tch, well of course it came to a lot, she bought FIVE JUMPERS" ... I thought "Ooh, £3 jumpers, I wonder if they have them in my Asda?" :o:o:D

:rotfl: Haha! Exactly! They're nice - they're quite thin and v neck so nice over a vest top. I got them in a dark green, navy blue and orange. :D

I used to love KFC, until I started having it every week. :rolleyes: That's the trouble with being disorganised and living 2 mins from a KFC. :o

Boots Christmas Night tomorrow! So excited! Really worried that by the time I get there all the S&G stuff I want will be gone though.
  • zigmeister
    edited 12 November 2009 at 6:46PM
    Options
    Woohoo got all my S&G stuff! I'm so excited to try it all! :D

I'm knackered and have a permanent headache so it will be bliss to have a lie in on Saturday, get OH to go and get breakfast, and then try out all my Soap & Glory. :cool:

Cinny, just in case you didn't know, the facial S&G stuff is on 3 for 2 too. There's no signs so I wasn't sure but I tried it and it is. :) They gave me a S&G bag per 3 for 2 so I now have 3, not sure what to do with them though!

I also bought a couple of items using the £5 off facial skincare vouchers:

Dr Nick Lowe Cleanser [STRIKE]£9.95[/STRIKE] £4.95 (Christmas present)
    Time Delay Wrinkle Reducing Eye Cream [STRIKE]£6.84[/STRIKE] £1.84
    Olay Regenerist Cleanser Wash [STRIKE]£6.99[/STRIKE] £1.99
    Time Delay Radiance Booster [STRIKE]£6.84[/STRIKE] £1.84

So they'll go into my present stash for when I need a little present to give to someone :)
  • Cinny91
    Cinny91 Posts: 6,022 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Yay for getting all the stuff you wanted Zig :T Wont the gift bags make cheeky gifts for people you think you should get a gift for but don't really want to spend money on? :D Sounds like you got good deals with all the £5 off vouchers too!

Hope you feel better soon though, all day headaches are the worst! Sounds like a good idea sending you OH out to get brekkie for the lie in on Saturday.
  • zigmeister
    Options
    The gift bags are nice enough to put gifts in, but I've pretty much sorted everyone now! I've put all my new S&G in it so it's all in one place (2 bags!). :D

I'm gonna write a list of my present stash on my first post so I can see at a glance what I have.

Thanks Cinny :) I get so many headaches! The sandwich shop down the road is lush - proper thick bread and stuff, yum! Haven't had it for ages so that will be nice, if I can persuade OH to walk down and get it! :rolleyes:
  • zigmeister
    edited 14 November 2009 at 11:51PM
    Options
    Forgot my purse today which was probably a good thing cuz I've just realised that the school I'm at is on the same road as a kitchen stuff shop, and an organic farm shop!

I'm really sniffly and bunged up today so I hope I'm not coming down with anything.

Tesco is doing 20% of clothing so might pop in and get some socks and stuff. I just tried ringing Tesco customer services about the disgusting meat but all their contact info is for Tesco online. So I might just complain in store.

It's gonna be an early night for me tonight, I feel like the living dead!

To Do List for Weekend

- Create my school file
    - Write reflections/lesson notes/lesson plans for last week
    - Organise stuff to take into school - puppets etc
    - Plan meals (GBK voucher? Other meal deals?)
    - [STRIKE]Wash clothes[/STRIKE]
    - [STRIKE]Change bedding[/STRIKE]
    - Try and tidy room (probably won't happen!)
    - [STRIKE]DooYoo reviews[/STRIKE] x 2

That list has to be done Saturday, or late Sunday night, so that should be fun. :rolleyes:
  • wendz86
    wendz86 Posts: 7,171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon Zig.

Sounds like you got some great bargains.
  • zigmeister
    edited 14 November 2009 at 9:32PM
    Options
    I've had a nice, if unproductive day today! Woke up at about 11, OH went and got me a bacon and egg sandwich and I sat with a cup of tea and read the paper! Lovely! :D

If the weather was alright today I wanted to go for a walk, but it was torrential rain instead. It was nice to be sat inside listening to it though!

Haven't got much of my list done. I'm gonna watch x factor and maybe write another review, then go back in my room and watch The Bucket List while I sort out my school stuff.

Ooh I had a bath and used some of my new S&G stuff. I found the bubble bath didn't produce much bubbles! And I wanted to write a review on the face scrub but even though it's on DooYoo you can't write a review for it which is annoying. It's made my face feel quite raw :( I'm hoping I just scrubbed too hard or something!

ETA - Cinny, I've just read your review on the S&G bubble bath, and I reckon I didn't put enough in cuz I had the half-arsed bubbles that you said about! :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills