Zig's 'Save for a House and Stay out of Debt' Diary!

Options

Comments

• Tete_en_l'Air
    Options
    Morning Zig, hope you got a bit more sleep last night and are feeling a bit refreshed today x
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • Dinah93
    Dinah93 Posts: 11,463 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Just caught up Zig, sorry things are so rubbish.

Hopefully he'll want to see you and you can get out and be fun, but at the end of the day things can't be exciting all the time sometimes its enough to have a giggle together inside with a dvd.
    Debt January 1st 2018 £96,999.81
    Debt September 20th 2022 £2991.68- 96.92% paid off
    Met NIM 23/06/2008
  • zigmeister
    zigmeister Posts: 1,099 Forumite
    Options
    Dinah93 wrote: »
    Hopefully he'll want to see you and you can get out and be fun, but at the end of the day things can't be exciting all the time sometimes its enough to have a giggle together inside with a dvd.

Yeah I know what you mean, and I like doing that! But I do get what he means because it has literally been the same routine for the past 2/3 years.

Thanks Girls for the replies :)

I had planned to spend the afternoon tidying my room as I wasn't in school today but I fell asleep instead. Not sure what is going on with OH tonight. My Mum has been lovely and is ringing me all the time to chat and stuff. She says I should forget about him and pamper myself tonight. I think she's worried I'm gonna bogged down by everything.

OH just rang me, he sounded quite upset and said he's sorry, he should have spoken to me straight away instead of dragging it out, and that he doesn't want to lose me. I think he's gonna pop round later to get his tea.

Anyway..

I need to go to town at the weekend to get a portfolio book for uni. It's gonna be rammed with Christmas shoppers so I'm not really looking forward to it. I also can't decide whether to go to the next Boots points night with my extra 500 points voucher.

Pro £50 (or more cuz 3 for 2) worth of stuff for £33

Con £33 I could put into savings
    Total Debt (Dec 2015) £11,500 : Currently £7,675
    House Deposit Savings : £8,600/£25,000
    Lose 21lb : 0/21
  • zigmeister
    Options
    Good news all round today!

OH said today that he feels a lot better about everything, and that he thinks things are back to normal. It has been a good day and it's been nice spending time with him. :)

And I've had an email saying that i'm entitled to the £1,250 bursary at uni :D It will be split into 3 payments, the first being mid-December. I am going to see if my Nan needs it, and it she refuses it then I will put it towards my house savings :)

I did spend £15 in Tesco today which wasn't so good. I bought 17 Again on dvd cuz it was only £5 and I liked it at the cinema.

My back is still killing me so I'm not looking forward to work tomorrow.
  • Flower08
    Flower08 Posts: 4,771 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Zig,

Sorry to hear that you have had a rubbish few days, but glad to hear that everything is starting to look up.

I know what you mean about being stuck in a bit of a routine. OH and i had a very rough patch around a year ago - just felt like there was no excitement anymore. But we have put alot of effort in and it has paid off.

Hope you enjoy spending some quality time with your OH.
    Biggest Loser Weight Loss: 13 / 20 lb
  • zigmeister
    Options
    Thank you Flower :)

Well things are definitely looking up with OH. We have talked loads, we know the issues we have to sort out and it seems good. We are not seeing each other as much, and he is being really nice to me like offering to help cook dinner! :p

Placement is still going wrong but I'm just trying my best! I don't think I'm gonna get a very good review but I'm just praying I don't fail. The teacher has mentioned that if I don't get more organised then I could fail. :(

Thing is, they don't take into account the fact that I have a load of rubbish going on at home at the mo, and I work weekends. The other girl has neither of those, plus goes to bed at 10.30pm. I'm lucky if I'm in bed by 1 at the mo.

And I'm ill! My voice has gone which made teaching fun today, and I had really bad stomach cramps. So bad that I came home. So now I'm worried I look even worse for having time off.

Money

Firstly, OH has joined DooYoo (he's -Karlos- with the Mr T Bag red picture) so that should help with the voucher stash.

I redeemed £10 from Bingo so that has gone through which is good.

I get paid on Friday and my bank account is £60 overdrawn but my OH owes me £50 and I am also owed money for Christmas presents so that's fine.

Still don't know whether to go to the Boots evening tomorrow night or not.
  • Dinah93
    Dinah93 Posts: 11,463 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Glad things are looking up Zig
    Debt January 1st 2018 £96,999.81
    Debt September 20th 2022 £2991.68- 96.92% paid off
    Met NIM 23/06/2008
  • Cinny91
    Cinny91 Posts: 6,022 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    zigmeister wrote: »
    Placement is still going wrong but I'm just trying my best! I don't think I'm gonna get a very good review but I'm just praying I don't fail. The teacher has mentioned that if I don't get more organised then I could fail. :(

Thing is, they don't take into account the fact that I have a load of rubbish going on at home at the mo, and I work weekends. The other girl has neither of those, plus goes to bed at 10.30pm. I'm lucky if I'm in bed by 1 at the mo.

Really wish I could offer you some advice here. Maybe take a break from the money making while you're at your placement to give you more time?
    If I were you I'd take tonight off from doing anything else - just have a nice hot bath (for the cramps) then get snuggled up on your bed, put some classic SATC or something on as background noise and get on with planning for your placement tomorrow. And try and get an early night.

Glad things are looking up with you and your OH though. :) Yay!
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Options
    I second Cinny's suggestion :)
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • Flower08
    Flower08 Posts: 4,771 Forumite
    Options
    I third it :D
    Biggest Loser Weight Loss: 13 / 20 lb
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories