Great 'Your fave sub-£5 wines' Hunt

Options

Comments

• carolinemc71
    Options
    Highly recommend Tesco's Red Curvee Prestige normally around £3.99 a bottle, but goes on offer occasionally at £2.99. The white is also very good!
  • 4stop1row
    Options
    Lidl's South African Winebox as mentioned above now down to a tenner...£2:50 a bottle equivalent :beer:
    Cheers mdears
  • bassray
    Options
    seligkram wrote: »
    kingbing wrote: »
    Most of the BOGOF and half price deals are just a con. The wines were never worth £7.99, or whatever. Frankly they're barely worth half that.

]

I've thought that too for ages - especially Morrisons - I would never pay £7.99 or more for those particular wines that they say are "now half-price!"

Whilst I agree that some of the wines are optimistically priced to then be knocked down by 50% (and I would n't purchase at that price) , nevertheless the Wolfblass Yellow Label range currently on offer at Morrisons for £3.99 is generally sold in most outlets for around £8 to £9,making these superb Australian wines a great buy!
  • beefyburt
    Options
    Casillero del Diablo Cabernet Sauvignon- from Tesco. was 5.99, but on 3 for 10, less 5% if you buy 6. And, very very nice.But hard to find now. Just bought some Hardys Crest Cab Sauv, was 10, down to 4, less 5% for 6. Will try tonight and if nice stock up with more for xmas drinking and presents. Hoping that Tesco will do a 25% off 6 offer soon, like Sainsburys did recently. Last year they did and i save a fortune!!
  • kazmuz
    Options
    Hardy's Crest
    2008 Cabernet-Shiraz
    Australian
    £4 in Tesco at the moment which is half price

:p A really rich, fruity, smooth silky red wine which oozes quality -yummy.
  • Adjer
    Adjer Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My favourites cheap wines are from Argentina (Malbecs) and Chile (Carmenere).

Today at Tesco; White Castillero del Diablo Sauvignon Blanc 2008 (Chile) £4.99. Very nice with a faily strong finish

Red Cabernet Sauvignon Carmenere 2008 (Chile) £4.49 A nice rich red.

Sauvignon Blanc 2009 (Chile) £4.49 A lighter white with a smooth finish.

Recent good buys now around £10 a bottle from N.Zealand reduced below £5 were; Ocean Edge S.B. 2008
    Nobilo Sauv. Bl. 2008
    Wairau Cove Sauv Bl. 2008

Worth looking out for if they do another reduced offer. These are really nice wines.
  • Shatners_Bassoon
    Options
    2008 Errazuriz Estate Shiraz, Chile

Waitrose

Reduced from 7.99 til Dec 1st this is a nice oaky Chilean Shiraz that will make a great accompaniment to a nice steak. Very good bottle of wine for the cash!
  • Titus_frogsbutt
    Options
    Name of the wine Silver Rock Chardonnay
    Year 2008
    Price £2.99
    Where to buy Tesco
    Why you like it. £2.99 for a palatbale wine. This is a Bulgarian wine so maybe a "wine snob" won't like it as it's not from a fashionable estate. Try it while its £2.99 cos Tesco will certainly jack this price up once they see it selling!!!
    :eek:
  • Bargain_Rzl
    Options
    2008 Errazuriz Estate Shiraz, Chile

Waitrose

Reduced from 7.99 til Dec 1st this is a nice oaky Chilean Shiraz that will make a great accompaniment to a nice steak. Very good bottle of wine for the cash!
    This deal was given the highest recommendation in the Times last weekend too.
    :)Operation Get in Shape :)
    MURPHY'S NO MORE PIES CLUB MEMBER #124
  • Shatners_Bassoon
    Options
    I find Tesco to have some okay ish wines like those mentioned in this thread but Waitrose is a cut above when it comes to sourcing good wines.

Another great bottle to go with steak is the Phebus Cabernet Sauvignon at 6.59 (sometimes down to 5.49).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure