The Great 'Student Discounts' hunt

Options

Comments

• harriko
    harriko Posts: 121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    http://www.connexionscard.com/x/c/cxc.jsp?P1=SGDT&P3=R00000014354

check this out! i havent tried it myself yet but just to check if this offer is still on and has anyone used this discount at carphonewarehouse?
  • jenny_f
    jenny_f Posts: 905 Forumite
    Options
    currently dorothy perkins has 15% student discount both online and in stores
  • elisebutt65
    Options
    jenny_f wrote:
    currently dorothy perkins has 15% student discount both online and in stores

With DP online, don't rely on the Special Offers, go through each department - I just got this lot - The Student Discount effectively cancels out the postage and still got £50 off!!! - My local store doidn't have my size :p
    The order contains:
    1 x colour:IVO size:16 desc:Ivory Lace Trim Peasant Blouse (was #25) @ 10.00 total:10.00
    1 x colour:RED size:16 desc:Red Flower Print Skirt (was #35) @ 10.00 total:10.00
    1 x colour:RED size:16 desc:Black Embroidered Tunic. Also In Red (was #25) @ 7.00 total:7.00

Promotional discount: 15%
    Total Discount: £4.05
    Subtotal: £22.95
    Postage: £3.95 (Standard Delivery)
    TOTAL: £26.90
    Noli nothis permittere te terere
    Bad Mothers Club Member No.665
    [STRIKE]Student MoneySaving Club member 026![/STRIKE] Teacher now and still Moneysaving:D

• No1shoppaholic
    Options
    You can go to https://www.nusonline.so.uk to get a full list of discounts. My uni issues its own ID numbers so i can't access the on-line site. if someone could login with their valid student id number and post the discount list here that would be really grand - Thanks in advance.

My uni (UEL) does the same, you should be able to get an official NUS card from your student union... in conjunction with your id card... some shops (such as Peacocks) are refusing to take my Uni id card anymore. :beer:
  • pmdude
    Options
    25% off Cardiff Debenhams Store (sunday 13th november to tuesday 15th november)
    not so sure of other branches
  • yoshi_2
    Options
    Hi Hannsibabes from Sheffield, I have recently set up a website for Sheffield,Manchester and Nottingham which allow students to download free SMS discount vouchers to be used at high street shops,restaurants and bars. Please check it out at https://www.matthew77.com and feel free to post me comments about it. :xmassign:
  • Karnam
    Karnam Posts: 1,177 Forumite
    Options
    wilkinsons do 10%

loadso f non studenty type shops do discounts. theres TONS of sandwich shops and second hand book shops in bloomsbury that do a student discount. the curry house near russel square station did a student discount for gods sake!!
    :A Boots Tart :A
  • pinkflamingo
    Options
    V. new at this, and do a lot of online shopping. How do i get my student discount to apply? :confused:
    Resolution for 2012 - Find permanent work and start saving properly
    Debts: Student loan only
    "Sealed Pot Challenge 2012" #1645 Target £100 (low target due to unemployment)
    Biggest Weaknesses: Books, Crafting things, things found in hardware stores.
    Biggest Annual Expence: The Car
  • pinkflamingo
    Options
    If i'd've been paying attention i would have put this on my other message, but never mind. Skype is a good way of communicating. its online phone calls, whilst my uni has free internal calls to halls of residence, skpe allows me to call home and other friends for free. you just need a microphone/head set, a reasonable fast connection to the net and the softwear - which is free to download from Skype.com, at both ends. I am sure that there is info on this on the site somewhere but as a student i find i need things in many places for me to spot them. :j
    Resolution for 2012 - Find permanent work and start saving properly
    Debts: Student loan only
    "Sealed Pot Challenge 2012" #1645 Target £100 (low target due to unemployment)
    Biggest Weaknesses: Books, Crafting things, things found in hardware stores.
    Biggest Annual Expence: The Car
  • Karnam
    Karnam Posts: 1,177 Forumite
    Options
    if your internal phone calls are free, you should also be able to recieve incoming calls for free without paying line rental. this saved my parents a fortune as they could call my halls phone and not my mobile.

this was in intercolliate halls in central london.
    :A Boots Tart :A
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure