The Great 'Student Discounts' hunt

Options

Comments

• Icey77
    Icey77 Posts: 1,247 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I have an NUS Affiliate card that cost me a tenner and is the best ten pounds I have ever spent.

The NUS Affiliate card is available on many courses that you do at local colleges - Further education rather than Higher education! Go look at the NUS website to see if your course is on there.

I ask almost everywhere I go for a student discount, my best saving so far this year is the £10 saving EVERY month on my gym membership! £35 per month instead of £45 :T
    Whether you think you can or you can’t, you’re probably right ~ Henry Ford
  • Icey77
    Icey77 Posts: 1,247 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Apologies, it is an Associate (professional) card that I have. There is also a version for Sixth Formers.

Here is the link to the courses that are eligible for the professional card http://www.nusonline.co.uk/associate/274635.aspx
    Whether you think you can or you can’t, you’re probably right ~ Henry Ford
  • themarquist
    Options
    This thread is really helpful thanks
  • CovOne
    CovOne Posts: 419 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Atleast get your site working decent before you "spam" people towards
  • veggie4life
    Options
    all your posts are about that dodgy cashback site. I's stay well clear and stick to good old quidco
    Merry Christmas MSE!
  • 87ka87
    Options
    Um dont know if this has already been said but matalan do 10% off for the NUS card holders. They don't seem to advertise it either...
  • Edna_Bucket_2
    Options
    Hey, look at www.internetsopamsite.co.uk for some great online discounts and cashback, i just got £10 for joining so i think its really good :j

Yeah - 7 posts so far and all plugging the same not very well known cashback site :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I think we've worked it out - it's your site and you're a spammer.

Reported.

AVOID - sites that need spamming are usually not worth visiting.
  • Cadie
    Cadie Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Have posted this on another thread, but it fits here and i use it all the time

for those who find themselves frequently travelling by train and stopping at stations www.bitecard.co.uk freebie card offering 20% discount on most railway munchie places (millies, upper crust, burger king, cafe ritazza, pumpkin the list goes on...)

Have used it several times and is much help when you find yourself a few pennies short of a hot chocolate!
  • enjoymarcus
    Options
    Cadie wrote: »
    Have posted this on another thread, but it fits here and i use it all the time

for those who find themselves frequently travelling by train and stopping at stations www.bitecard.co.uk freebie card offering 20% discount on most railway munchie places (millies, upper crust, burger king, cafe ritazza, pumpkin the list goes on...)

Have used it several times and is much help when you find yourself a few pennies short of a hot chocolate!

I agree, bitecard is fantastic. Mine expired however, and I applied for a new one but have yet to receive it a month after applying. Anyone else had the same problem?
  • Call_Centre_Guru
    Options
    I agree, bitecard is fantastic. Mine expired however, and I applied for a new one but have yet to receive it a month after applying. Anyone else had the same problem?

It did take a while but got it after about 4 weeks :j
    :beer:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport