PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

November 2009 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• helen_jelly
    helen_jelly Posts: 2,982 Forumite
    Afternoon/Eveing everyone

Still got poorlies here. DH is now going down with it!!

Have done the budgets up to twoflower169
    Welcome and hi twoflower169 - nice to see someone new as always, don't forget to check out the recipes posted by Rosieben on page 1 - they are fantastic if you get stuck, fancy a change or change need help. Ask any questions as there are lots of lovely helpful people on here - good luck and happy no shopping

Helen
    Projects made for craft fair - 40 :)
    1st fair on 13/4/14 :j
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Got babybels and a loaf from Morrisons today, so am still well under budget:DCupboards still full and they need to be empty in a week:eek::eek:
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • Another NSD today but Morrisons opened here today so once it's quitened down round there I will be popping in later in the week to check out their special offers.;)

Mrsgibbs - sorry to hear about your accident, you poor thing, take it easy.;)

Dinner tonight is Roast Pork and all the trimmings, having it a day late as we were using up Saturday leftovers for Dinner last night.:D

Have a good evening everyone.;)
    "WASTE NOT, WANT NOT!"
    GC for OH, myself, DD18 & DD16 includes Toiletries, cleaning stuff & Food.

• Kerfuffle
    Kerfuffle Posts: 1,384
    First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Evening everyone
    Sorry not been able to keep up with the thread much over the weekend as DS has got Swine Flu and DD is now going down with it so sleepless nights and poorly children do not a good combination make!!!
    Helen x
    Afternoon/Eveing everyone

Still got poorlies here. DH is now going down with it!! *snipHelen

Hi helen jelly, I'm sorry to hear your kiddies and now DH are all suffering, make sure you keep yourself well if possible.

Hugs to anybody else feeling under the weather.

On a positve note, I'd just like to recommend the Easy and Cheap Biscuits (DowntoEarthForum) that are on page 1, post 4 (External Links) at the begining of this thread. On Saturday I made the Peanut Butter Cookie recipe, it yeilds 26 cookies but I got 29, and they we so delicious I had to make a second batch on Sunday, and there's only the 2 of us. The recipe calls for a lot of sugar and butter so they are far from healthy, but they are sooooooooo good. Thanks rosieben for maintaining the recipes :D
  • cw18
    cw18 Posts: 8,615
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Signature updated with spends from Friday (3xpacks sausage rolls in Whoopsie, 2 of which are in freezer, loaf of bread, 4pt milk, 2l ice-cream, 1kg carrots, 2.5kg potatoes) and today (3xR@gu sauce, 3xPring!es, 1x Flor@ Buttery).

Still under budget for this point of the month :T, but only 4 NSDs under my belt :(

Will be spending again tomorrow, as we're down for ham, cheese & mushroom omelette and salad - but the only things I have in are the ham and cheese ;)
    Cheryl
  • mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 7,905
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    chilli con carne today

* with Lidly Kidney beans 29p
    * with tesco value chopped tomatoes 34p
    * cheap mince - cooked and drained 1.99
    * lidl onions - 5p (1 of 6 @ 29p)
    * sainsbury's value tomoto puree (from bulk BOGOF about 8 months ago)
    * chilli & cumin powders not a sachet

Think I am getting the hang of this Old Style thang - except I added
    * big handful of sainsbury's porridge (luxury blend - Mad spendthrift fool that I am)
    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • Jevvers
    Jevvers Posts: 648
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Right, finally got time to update. We spent £111 at Asda on Sunday :eek:
    However, only £84 of that was groceries, the rest was bits and bobs for Christmas, a new pair of trousers for DS etc. (all necessary of course!)

And of the £84, £11 was nappies which were on a fab special offer (we don't have an Asda near us so stocked up)

Asda was def cheaper than our local Sainsbury's and I gently educated DH in the price difference between loose and pre-packaged when he tried to stick a punnet of mushrooms in the trolley (about £1 per kg difference!). :)

Done all the meal planning for the next two weeks too so hopefully it will all work out although I am conscious that we only have £27 left in the budget til the end of the month now.
    Mortgage 1: £243,034 0.99%, i/o, ends May 2026 MFW date 20 Aug 2020
    Mortgage 2: [STRIKE]£166,966[/STRIKE] £159,066 0.99%, repaymt, ends Oct 2033
    Total: £402,100
  • helen_jelly
    helen_jelly Posts: 2,982 Forumite
    Kerfuffle wrote: »
    Hi helen jelly, I'm sorry to hear your kiddies and now DH are all suffering, make sure you keep yourself well if possible.

Thanks Kerfuffle - I haven't got the time or energy to be poorly - too busy looking after everyone else lol

Helen
    Projects made for craft fair - 40 :)
    1st fair on 13/4/14 :j
  • Julimk
    Julimk Posts: 349 Forumite
    Did the weekly shop today & it should be the last one for this month, as next Monday is payday. There is still £5.50 in the budget, but really shouldn’t need anything else, not even milk.

Actually seem to have more in than at the beginning of the month! Which is just as well, as it is looking like next month will be a tight month, albeit a short one, so am hoping to have a bit of a storecupboard month & limit spending to essentials. At least I won’t have to cater for Christmas, as DD will be with her Dad & I will go to my parents’.
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Have now spent €174.89 of my €200 budget so am going to be eating out of the freezer and cupboards from now on!

Good luck to all.

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills