PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Options

Comments

• Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Options
    Had proper food last night. Pie of shepherds. Wobbleade was consumed. Now up Norff. 110st. NYCM. Pretty good. Had to get BoPsie new sandals. Later we are at the Ballet.

Now for fruit in Central Park.

More later.
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,190 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Quick pleasures for today (Friday!)

1) Bigger son had his meningitis jab that he had missed earlier this year.

2) Some revision was done.

3) Hens happy and my plant net tunnel arrived so we put that up at the allotment.

4) Made a few phone calls, did washing etc.

5) Took smaller son to football practice and bigger son cycled to meet us there.

6) Watched Gogglebox and the Last Leg.

7) Will listen to the Now Show just now.
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,923 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    PM2BOP see you 5th August.
    1) SIL plays with English Touring Opera - they were doing Tosca at Perth yesterday. gbf picked dd1 up then me from work. The weather was gorgeous
    2) met up with SIL for supper. Haven't seen her for years. Was lovely to catch up
    3) music divine. I do love Puccini
    4) mr piano had cooked a very lish chicken pasta dish. i had some for lunch today
    5) fish suppers all round for tea (mhags will understand, for the rest of us 'supper' = 'and chips')
    2 days till holiday yay
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Before I forget, my apologies for not remembering who asked about the home made sourdough. Well, it worked - not the best rise ever but after 6 hours it rose. It tasted ok, not ooh gosh wow, best bread you can imagine, but perfectly decent.

A collection.
    1. Lovely lunch with DD, and some smashing presents from her too. I have a really attractive haematite necklace from her. I do have some earrings that are haematite to match it, but will enjoy finding some more.

2. Possibility of a new source of work, fingers firmly crossed and best foot forward.

3. New to me cookbooks to look through (again), some s.h., some new. I love reading through cookbooks.

4. The pleasure of a half decent night's sleep in bed. Lovely to not lie there hoping that tiredness would eventually overcome discomfort, but to fall asleep within a few minutes. I just wish I could have more like this. Often I trade still swollen legs from a six hour kip in the riser recliner against six hours of very broken sleep lying flat

5 Your pleasures, thank you.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,923 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oh pooey dd2 didn't get the job. This is the third time her store has recommended her and tbh she can't afford to stay in Edinburgh on current job hours. She is crushed poor babes.

Anyway, first joy for today - watching her put my tea for the tillerman lp on. 'So which side does it play?' 'What?' 'Top or bottom' ' oh yeah top' 'so how do I actually put it on?' Lesson putting lp onto turntable followed by lesson dropping stylus gently onto beginning of record. 'So I can't just choose which track?' 'Well you can but normally I just play whole side' pinky and perky then start delivering 'but I might die tonight' 'ah yes you need to put it to 33' sorry Cat! 'Omg it's got the words on the cover' oh the things we took for granted! I bought this album from a 2nd hand record shop in Norwich when I was doing my a'levels over 30 years ago. It has some scratches and jumps on one track (which always makes listening to the cd strange) and is a dear friend.
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Options
    PM2DD Game on!

Was at the Met last night. Loads of dancers. Proper job. We was inn a box. Fortunately they sold wobbleade so we had a couple as well. Story was about Sancho Panza and his mate flirting. Now for breakfast and home ... more later.
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,248 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    For Saturday
    Up early and chatted to friend from home , our chat times are curtailed because I work early mornings. I look forward to our weekend catch ups.

Pottered around in pjs

Bought lovely roses with some of my Mother's Day florist vouchers ( as requested)

Deep snooze in afternoon .

Wrote blog

Wrote email to OHs best friend

Met Dd1 who'd been at work, picked up thai takeaway ( sharing the cost) , posted a letter and walked the dog ...all at the same time.

Tired tonight & glad to come to bed

Enjoy your day :)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    1) Mad sortings out for a boot fair tomorrow morning.....I can see the floor in the store room Hoorah!

2) Sorted out the cupboard under the stairs, I can see the floor in there too!

3) We had the first lettuce from the polytunnel for supper last night, I braised it over our veal stew and it was surprisingly nice.

4) Sorting out and deciding to let go of things you only think you need to keep is strangely satisfying and has turned from a trickle into a torrent.

5) Books next on the list particularly cookery books of which I have an awful lot and will be pleased to rehome a goodly proportion of them.....I just hope the car and trailer are big enough for the pile I've accumulated, if not we'll have to do 2 boot fairs!!!
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,618 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Saturday Pleasures

1. had a busy week but have been out twice for cheap lunch including toby carvery & crackling nom nom .... and I am now on holiday for a week :j

2. watching a lovely small blue butterfly in the garden this morning in the early sunshine

3. managed 2 loads of washing, mostly dry outside between heavy showers at 10am and 2pm

4. cleaned & bleached the bathroom and cleaned the few reappearing blackspots off the ceiling ready for painting with anti mould/mildew paint this week

5. preparing the alleyway at the rear of the house for weed free membrane & gravel. I'm doing the clearing myself to save money, but I can only manage a bit at a time. I sprayed the few weeds that were appearing a few weeks ago and now they are dead I have been out with a spade to skim them off and raked off some of the larger stones. I only did about a 1/3 today of the total area 15m x 2.5m but was pleased with that without putting my back out again. Will do some more later in the week.
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • chella
    chella Posts: 309 Forumite
    Options
    I am home from work, onesie on and a milky cuppa in hand.

I can stay up late tonight and lay in tomorrow, no work!

I bought 2 big bunches of flowers from m&s on the way home from work. Multi coloured tulips, £8, reduced to 80p and some white lilies, they smell beautiful, reduced to 60p!! Some of the blooms aren't open yet.

I sat in the garden after work, its looking beautiful, all of my plug plants are thriving. My peas are doing well.

Some pink roses in bloom on the rose bush .

Today was dry and warm, and work went quickly.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure