PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Options

Comments

• mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,222 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Pleasures for today

Work. Favourite day of my working week.

The sun came out today and the temperature could be described as mild.

Did a couple of stints in the garden but came in when my dog went hurtling down the street after a boy on a motability scooter...who deigned to go past our driveway! One veg patch de- weeded and will be mulched with the leaves that are constant falling from the big tree in the driveway.

Made a spag Bol in slow cooker . Smells rather tasty.

Washing almost dried out on the line.

Wrote a letter to letter writing friend and a big email to our friend who's also our Scottish solicitor. I'd emailed a pension company yesterday and the response was we need your will...my response was have you contacted my solicitor as requested on my forms...that , I think is a no as he's not heard from them! The big email was a newsy, friendly one though!

Have written a tentative plan for allocating money from my wages each week...tentative as it's all doable until there's a big expense.

Cleared some a garden pots and general gubbins from shelves around veg plots so have put them on grass verge of anyone else can use them, they can just help themselves.

So a mostly good day , with my usual wobbles in amongst everything.

Have a nice day :)
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Blackbeard_of_Perranporth Posts: 7,605 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 18 May 2017 at 4:11PM
    Options
    Washington. Done. Dusted. Pizza last night inn hotel. Philadelphia great. Acquired a couple of YARDS glasses. Tum was rubbed. On train to New York. More later.

Could murder a decent snorker
    Options
    PM2DD. Just spent twenty minutes looking for hatters. Game on later. Only a goal and ...
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    1) My Zebra is spotty (chicken pox) but not feeling ill with it any more, in fact we had lots of fun playing when we were down with them.

2) DD1 on the phone as she walked home from work found a postman delivered parcel and shrieked Ma I think my tomahawk has arrived!!! ( she's 38!!!) explanation is she's going to a 'P' party where they all have to dress up as something beginning with P and she's got a Pocahontas costume.....surreal!!!

3) We've visited and found a couple of really nice areas we will give full consideration to as possible relocation spots to be closer to both girls and families.

4) Super run back today made special by the satnav flagging up an A road blockage ahead and me finding a B road running parallel to it that took us across part of Salisbury Plain I'd not seen before.....Oh it is BEAUTIFUL country!

5) Picked a whole container full of beautifully ripe strawberries from the garden when I walked up to see the plot after lunch, my supper, He Who Knows doesn't like strawberries, yum, yum, yum, yum. YUM!!!
  • chella
    chella Posts: 309 Forumite
    Options
    I got caught in the rain, walked home but was totally soaked from head to toe!!! Straight into jammies and dressing gown, now have a hot cuppa and the cat on my feet.

Bath is run, going to have a long soak.

Can have a lay in tomorrow.

Don't have to leave the house tomorrow!

Posh marks and spencer Moroccan chicken parcels in oven cooking, reduced to 60 p. Posh rosemary potatoes also, reduced to 25p that's £7 reduced to under a pound!!!

The house feels cosy and I am looking forward to watching a film later.
  • Purple_kitten
    Purple_kitten Posts: 3,039 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    1 Cleared the fridge out to portion up things and freeze them.
    2 Easy soup for lunch, and made a curry from “freezer surprise” for dinner.
    3 A tip run with the old oven, a vast amount of glass bottles, 6 bags of soil and 2 bags of clothes nice to clear a bit of clutter.
    4 3 loads of washing hanging about and up to date for 5 mins.
    5 I deep cleaned the french windows, inside the frame and in and outside, cleaned the windows, washed and re hung the curtains, a pleasure that it’s done.
    Blackbeard_of_Perranporth Posts: 7,605 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 18 May 2017 at 11:53PM
    Options
    Oh look. Chaos according to the BBC. Avoid. We did. Does not get a mention here!

Condolences to the girl that died.
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,170 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Pleasures for today (Thursday)

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Bigger son's Chemistry (#1) went well - weirdly, the "big" question was about limestone which I had asked him about seconds before he left!

3) Lots of work on the allotment today. Finished digging, put in new paths, planted courgettes and pumpkins. Brother came down then son to do some heavy duty pest control. Hens very happy having dust baths.

4) Health eating 4 of 42. Porridge with blueberries and banana for breakfast, scrambled egg on toast for lunch, HM pizza with baked beans for tea.

5) Bigger son and I watched Dr Who. (Episode 1, we are a long way behind).

6) Listening to smaller son playing FIFA on the computer with 6 of his friends, all chatting to each other.
  • milasavesmoney
    milasavesmoney Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    My husband's grandfather came through Ellis. Later he sent for his wife, after he made enough in the New Mexico copper mine for her fare. He almost had enough when it was stolen as he was slept on the floor of a boarding house with 8 other guys. He had to start all over. All their children were born here. She never learned to speak English but he did somewhat. They were Italian and would listen to Caruso on a phonograph while sitting in the evening on their front porch.

* My eye is better. Next appt in a month. Keep up the the eye drops 4x daily.

* Bought a new rug for the guest bathroom. Got it home and it's a slightly different gray that the other one in there. Boohoo...I'm keeping it! Store of origin is an hour away and I won't be back until my appt in a month. I used to be quite rigid about things going together but the older I get, the less I care. :cool:

* Fabulous chile relleno and barbacoa for breakfast on the way. Luscious!

* My builder/handyman Bryan is starting on the wooden floors in some of the rooms tomorrow. More chaos but also progress!

* DD1 told Quoye, jokingly, "You're a toot!" Quoye replied "I'm not a toot, I'm two."
    And so it begins...children thinking their mothers don't know what what they're talking about. :D

* DD2 bought a house and closes next week. We supplied the down payment. Her dad told her that it would be part of her inheritance and why should she have to wait to utilize that money. Wise man.:T

* A break today from the political firestorm that is Trump. :wall: No TV!

We didn't get to see the Torch Lady because of her being shut down after the last hurricane there. Same with Ellis Island. DH wanted to see his grandparent's signatures in the entry book. Another time.
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,222 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hurrah for Friday. Work was okay , not the busiest but I'm getting good at surreptitiously typing emails on my phone on a Friday morning

Three wee possums running back to bed as I was heading to work. They're nocturnal.

Stunning sunrise.

My friend kindly picked me up and all my many boxes of stuff to be returned to Cancer hospital.this was much harder than I'd anticipated. I didn't know how it would feel. It was just awful being there without OH. Anyway , it's a job done.

Grocery shop at aldi

Snooze ...or as I should call it totally zonked! Think I was rather emotionally drained from the morning.

Had to take DD2 to GP to follow up an appointment the other week $69 please and there my budget falls apart straight away!

Phone call to sister .

Boy child away again for weekend ( and think he's taken half my grocery shop!)

Much paperwork scanned and emailed. One company was sent a scathing email regarding their tardiness! Totally over all their shenanigans! They don't make any of it easy. My house is going up for sale next week.

Typing this with a dog on my knee , keeping me warm!

Have a good day :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport