PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Options

Comments

• chella
    chella Posts: 309 Forumite
    Options
    lay in this morning,on day 15 of annual leave. Bliss.

Very fresh and breezy here today, bed linen on the line, smells lovely and fresh.

Cuppa tea and crumpets with butter and marmite.

Cat asleep on my feet as I browse the net.

I bought a apple and cinnamon glade (I think its glade) candle, that is lit and the house smells so lovely!!
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Blackbeard_of_Perranporth Posts: 7,605 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 30 September 2016 at 11:44AM
    Options
    BOP Iikes red best
    Oh yeah he does. Red Shoes, no ....
    Can of paint ready for the night. BoPsie will be inn her rags of glad again. I will be on the Big Warster train later, getting on five stops from its end, and off at the next stop. This is the Warster train.
    This one
    http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/C41589/2016/09/30
    chella wrote: »
    Cuppa tea and crumpets with butter and marmite.
    Proper Foods!

5 Now as you all know, BoP is not one to gloat and boast, but as mentioned late inn the evening yesterday, BoP has a Thirst and a Third. 54 points out of 60. Get Inn. BoPsie, who does frequent the parish was upset that I had the cheek to put my egg picture inn. Tuff. It got a thirst. See notes above.

4 Contracts confirmed. Start Monday. So BoPsie is suffering this week big time. Have got a sweetner for her. Some decent tarts, Jam that is! Will be shred with loose leaf proper tea, not that carp from the monkies!

3 Planning oat run for the PORAGE. Maybe next weekend. But it depends on the cans of pain that are left.

PM 2 Mila. BoPise has noted on her buck of face about the Ryder Cup and the American cousins getting a spanking. She is ready for it!

Clothes are not the only thing to hang high on a horse!
  • Purple_kitten
    Options
    Our little ferret who is on heart meds and diuretics for life, took a turn last night, :( I whipped him to vets this morning and had a blunt conversation with them. They think it is worth trying he’s a fighter so he has been hospitalised for all of today and the whole weekend. They are going to try to drain the fluid from around his heart he’s gained just under 1kg in fluid this week despite the diuretics. They are intensive caring him and they adore him thankfully. Everything is crossed, meanwhile…

1. The above has prompted rather a lot of ebay selling action from us today, including the OGV.., well 2 of us do not need 3 cars, camping equipment, caravan motor mover, 5 dresses and a couple of dvd’s. I’ve put bits on gumtree and ebay on their last free listing day. :eek:

2. We have created another tip run load and apparently inspired the neighbours, who thought we might be moving out with so much stuff exiting the garage….:rotfl:

3. Running down one of the freezers as we need to defrost it, which does make me rather nervous but nearly there now.:p

4. Food tonight is HM hunters chicken, with hm chips and veggies.

5. It’s the weekend so a break from job searching to re-fresh.:beer:

Off to finish off writing up the various listings.
  • topsyturphy
    Options
    My pleasures for today

1. Back on placement - really enjoyed being back.
    2. Met friend for coffee.
    3. More crafting done.
    4. Another assignment started.
    5. Hot milk before bed
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,170 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Quick update for today:

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Bigger son used his new bike to whizz down and check the chickens this morning.

3) Not a bad day at work.

4) Bigger son rode his bike to my parents' and we followed in the car.

5) Chickens OK this evening.

6) Tasty salmon for tea with potatoes, cabbage and courgettes.

7) Watched Gogglebox.

8) Just got off the phone to my school friend.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    1) Flu jab out of the way, having stood for 40 minutes in pouring rain and a thunderstorm to get it mind you!!!

2) Watching the rugby match between Newport Dragons and Glasgow Warriors on the BBC Alba channel last night and He Who Knows finding how to get the dialogue in English not Gaelic! made much more sense after that, he's a clever boy!

3) Finding a mini witches hat for my Zebra child in Asda for 50p, result!

4) He Who Knows is feeling much much better today.

5) Taking all the books left over that didn't sell at the boot fair to a book bank, hallway looks much tidier now they're gone.
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Lazy morning hooray for Saturday. Yesterday was a day of serendipitous meeting
    1) lunch seminar came with tea and buns
    2) then hm stew reheated in library cafe microwave
    3) then saw colleague from another area - very good interdisciplinary chat
    4) after work met now retired colleagues at pub and saw a couple of colleagues from education so had a good blather with them
    5) on way home bumped into ex colleague who moved to dublin last month and here for the weekend to pick up final things. Isn't life wonderful?
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1. Spent most of yesterday sorting out paperwork and shredding it.
    I have been putting this off for ages so pleased its now done.

2. DS1 phoned and had long chat with him.

3. DS2 sold his old car so that's gone from the drive.

4. Still picking runner beans from the garden. Hopefully rain today will mean more beans.

5. Walked to post office today. It poured down with rain on way back but it was good exercise and coffee was good when I arrived home.
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Blackbeard_of_Perranporth Posts: 7,605 Forumite
    edited 1 October 2016 at 3:39PM
    Options
    5 Duvet test carried out this morning. Big Warster train so mentioned last evening was missed, not by seconds, but by a good fifty minutes. Wobbleades were consumed during the delay. Sparkly waters they were. Bites were also eaten. Tum was rubbed. Lovely.

4 Saturday morning fest of snorker, best back, star cut grilled toms, tin toms, mushrooms, hot buttered toast topped with poached egg was washed down with loose leaf tea. Tum was rubbed thoroughly!

3 Kick off. Jeff is in bad books today. Arrrrrgh. No further comment will be said at this time. Please ignore! PM2DD Bum!

2 Night I have lit the roaring fire of BoP. It works. Central heating tested, as it is every month. Grate vacuumed. Just as the man who charges twenty quid a month does! Sore Ted. BoP tottsies will not get cold this winter. And he has rechecked his elect and Gas boreds rates and made sure he gets his monies worth. First switch for six months. I could had got it a bit cheaper with some cowboy outfit, but us it worth the hassle to save £1 a month. That is only one half of wobbleade that BoPsie will not be getting next month! The Saturday sticky chicken is prepped. We are having it with mushroom dynamites. Tasty, could be garlic. Could be hot! No telling till the crunch. Tasty. Recipe is a hand Disney from nana BoP.

In man's imaginative creation, every new deity only serves to hate the previous version.
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,961 Forumite
    Options
    Art'noon

Gone very autumnal all of a sudden

Pleasures
    1 done it :j my first submission is in, it reads like someone else wrote it, so that's gotta be good
    2 started the big house clean and tidy - it having been neglected for some time
    3 went to the pictures with OH, Bridget Jones's Baby. Was a laugh
    4 then we went to a micro pub in town :beer:
    5 back home and OH is cooking dinner

Have a lovely evening
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts