PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Options

Comments

• 1) I got all the ironing done and put away this morning, I like ironing!

2) Nice skype with that Zebra yesterday, he's getting much more interactive and chatty bless him, he'll even talk on the phone now.

3) Trees beginning to turn colour and many conkers today.

4) The lovely harvest spiders in their circular webs that are everywhere at the moment, handsome beasties.

5) The wonderful array of fruits and berries that are the most beautiful colours, I really like how Autumn looks.
  • Cappella
    Options
    Frith - I have heart issues too, think you should see your doctor possibly? Beta blockers can have oddside effects sometimes.

Milasavesmoney - the ginger ninja sends you his regards and a tail wag, he loves appreciation :)

Today's pleasure come with a "Caution! Proud mum alert!"

1. Wonderful news just came. My son has just achieved a well deserved promotion and a pay rise at work. So happy for him :T
    2. Cool enough to put soup back on the lunch menu. I love making soup :) Cauliflour today. Carrot and coriander tomorrow.
    3. Choir restarts tonight after a summer break. Have just finished sorting out Christmas music, this year is shooting past far too quickly.
    4. I have mastered a lacy knitting pattern on the fifth attempt - why is it always easy when you know how to do something, but so complicated when you cant grasp it?
    5. The cauliflour and almond soup for lunch was delicious. MrC crumbled blue Cheshire into his - barbarian!!!!! I had mine with half an ounce of crumbly Lancashire.
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Blackbeard_of_Perranporth Posts: 7,605 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 28 September 2016 at 5:47PM
    Options
    Aye, I remember now! The catch all bog standard Beta Blocker. That will keep you quiet! Pill at eight. Blistering headache at twelve?

Get yourself the r tester. You need to wear it for a week.

https://www.bhf.org.uk/heart-matters-magazine/medical/tests-for-heart-rhythm-problems

If BoP carries on lick this, he'll start SHOUTING
  • Purple_kitten
    Options
    Sparrer: hope you are keeping ok, I’ve not seen you post for a while now.
    1. Up early for the bins, and as we had bits and bobs but no bread I decided to make a “Snorker fest” 2 rashers bacon, 2 eggs, a sausage, beans, toms for brekkie.:D

2. I had another call to confirm about the fab looking job, I am hoping for this one it sounds like a good un.

3. It feels like progress is being made with clearing space so continuing on.:o

4. The garden is all tidied and I’m happy with it, today I mowed it, will it be the last for the winter??:cool:

5. No expenditure needed for chicken wraps tonight, salsa and rice from store, hm wraps, chicken I defrosted from the freezer last night, with some salad I will make, grating carrots etc.:p:p

6. Trying to get on with finishing off a lot of half done decoration here, today I sanded down our bedroom door and white glossed it and we created a shopping list as we need to buy some ply to paint and finish bits before we can get the carpet down.

7. Thinking about trying “bay” selling rather than binning some of my things, though I am rather keen to clear stuff, the books I want to part with I literally can’t seem to give away so I will probably have to bin them which seems wrong.
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,170 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm not knocking the beta blockers, BoP. (Hereafter known as bb to save typing). For 2 months before part-diagnosis and taking them, I had a horrible pressure headache behind my eye brows, too tired to do anything, inability to climb stairs, gasping for breath, inability (in the end) to lift my arms in the shower long enough to shampoo my hair... or rifle through high up clothes rails in charity shops.

2 hours after taking first one, all symptoms gone.

I was told I could be grinding my sleep due to sleep apnoea. But I don't snore, don't have a fat neck (it's generally an overweight man disorder). But what I did have, was not enough oxygen all night long from my heart not pumping much round! Tooth grinding has stopped now.

Since having to half the dose, some palpitations are back. I've got to continue on this dose until I get the appointment letter (monitoring thing will be glued to me for 24 hours or so) then stop the bbs altogether. At which point I suppose I shall be one continuous run of palpitations and I shall feel appalling again.

Pleasures for today:

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Not a bad day at work. Working with one student nearly all the time and they are very pleasant.

3) Parents and brother can come to bigger son's birthday meal now so rebooked the table for 6.

4) Looks like we might have won him an Ebay bike... looking at it tomorrow.

5) Went Pok!mon hunting in local town which was very exciting (I was told).

6) Rat is back on the allotment which made bigger son jump into the air when he saw it in the shed. Smaller son was poking about in the shed with a stick and I said, "Wouldn't it be terrible if a rat ran up the stick?" He heard it as "Rat up the stick", and flung it down the allotment!

7) Wrapped bigger son's birthday present (pack of thick socks, Maltesers and a book about chickens) :-)

8) We found out where the putrefying smell was coming from :-/ It's been hanging around for a week or so, but only when we have showers. We took the side off the bath, expecting a dead mouse - nothing. Ran the shower a while and I vaguely recognised the smell as the fishy electrical smell you get. Sniffed the shower switch and nearly fell down the stairs! So shower turned off at the mains. Unscrewed switch from the wall and even the screws were hot. I'm not messing with it, I'll have to get an electrician who can do that and mend the extractor fan at the same time.
  • topsyturphy
    Options
    My pleasures for today

1. Craft group & more chatting than crafting.
    2. Making Christmas stockings.
    3. Lunch hm lentil soup & salad.
    4. Meeting Dh in pub at tea time for quick drink.
    5. Washing dried on line.
  • villagelife
    Options
    1. Survived work and managed to have a few laughs. It was a horrendous morning busier than it has ever been. Mainly due to appointments being booked wrong. The afternoon was a slight improvement but still had to sort out problems created by others.

2. Had taken lunch in - every day this week so far.

3. Phoned my parents and had a chat. My Dad is doing well and making a good recovery from his hip surgery and his radiotherapy.
    Also spoke to MIL Not a pleasure but at least I don't have to ring for a couple of days. She tried to tell me that DH hadn't rung since she fell on Saturday. He had I was listening to his side of the conversation on 3 occasions.

4. Easy tea from freezer for DH and omelette for me and DS2 had eaten before I got in from work.

5. Watching bake off.
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,961 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Bit behind on my pleasures - big deadline is saturday..... wish me luck

Frith - could it be food related? I have a major issue with MSG - sets my heart rate sky high. And it's in all sorts, the latest thing is Birds Eye Fish Fingers......

Pleasures since Friday (I think).

Interim deadline met. Meeting with supervisors had. They didn't slate it, but I have a bit to do before saturday. Fellow student, who is about to submit, said if they are only looking at typos and grammar and a bit on one section it must be good.

We took the MiL out for dinner and she wasn't annoying :p

Painted my nest of tables that i didn't like. I love chalk paint, if it ain't moving, it gets painted :rotfl:

Managed to take my old text books to the chazzer yesterday

Watching the boy next door and his grandma race to the bus every morning. he is 12 but has Downs and laughs like a drain as he beats her. (Poor grandma has dicky knees but she's laughing too, and they only go about 20 yards :) )

listening to my DS play guitar and piano. he is self taught (apart from a few disastrous lessons many years ago). he's very good.

Oh yeah, this probably should have been first - OH came home from his holidays :o. he had a nice time but missed us.

There's some really nice programmes on at the mo - Poldark, Cold Feet, Victoria - I have a stop work at 9 o'clock rule so have been catching up / watching.

knitting a cushion cover, and finally working out the pattern.

Time for :coffee:
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,222 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thursday greetings from land of much wet! Poor DD1 , I'd asked her to nip out for a roast chicken ( cheaper than an uncooked one!) and she was just at the garden gate when the heavens reopened! She was a tad soaked!

It was dry earlier on though and I got washing dried in between heavy showers.

Started day with a chat with friend from home. Much to catch up on 3 days!

Eyebrows waxed and as I waited I met a beautiful Portuguese Water Dog puppy! He was rather gorgeous.

Nice dog walk with my own big pup later. Posted some more adventy things for great niece...have marked on the envelope they are for advent! Got a lovely photo of her with one of her gifts the other day !
    Whilst I was in fruit shop a 'gentleman ' said to DD1 about Haggis .oh you're a bit overweight....I would have replied with a really? At least he has manners!

Returned library book but as I had a dog couldn't go in. Will maybe pop up later . Public holiday tomorrow .

Bathrooms cleaned , bedroom dusted and tidied, floors washed. Fresh flowers picked from front garden. Weeds picked and garden bin filled.

Made bread and butter pudding. Was going to chuck left over bread out but put it in freezer ( now there's a bit of space) it can be a bread and butter pudding one day too!

Tonight we are having salad, chicken, pasta , potato salad, coleslaw....can pretend summer is coming even if the weather suggest otherwise !

Got a nice letter from estate agent over here, might be a standard print out but it was lovely, thanking us for being good tenants and making her job easier by looking after the house!

MIL came through hip surgery okay.

It seems we don't have to vote in our next council election as there was only one candidate so he's in!

Frith I hope you can get your health sorted out. Maybe go back to GP?
    PK , good luck with job Vjsmumgood luck with your deadline.

Everyone have a good day . 28 years ago today I went on my first date with OH.
  • And we are talking the pop up maily dale advert that promises riches beyond your personal dreams!
    5 Camera Club competition this evening and BoP is hoping to clear the slates again. More later. Obviously, BoPsie has some pix inn as well, but they are no way as ...
    4 BoP made a curry last evening and served it with proper home made fried rice. Not that Benny stuff from crossroads. Tum was rubbed. Was button mushroom with chicken. As usual, it is currently brewing on the stove. You are aware that the refrigerator only contains wobbleales.
    3 Look at the time, tea is pored, loose leaf, not bagged! Biscuit is about to dunk into the mug, cups are for old ladies. China.
    2 Saw an advert for the failed charity. Having dumped parcels on the greedy in Ethiopia in 1984, long before the buerke turned up. Greedy, well the fit, as we could not drop it on the heads of the needy, now 32 years later, we still see them making misery and not ridding us of the problem! Don't give them a penny, but ask why the UN, owner of UNICEF, still allows this to happen! Who gets rich from this?
    Years from now, just like years ago, nothing has changed, only the names on the door get dusty
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure