PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Options

Comments

• mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    :oFrith, I just accepted your FB request, I'm sorry it took so long for the penny to drop!:o
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • Purple_kitten
    Options
    The painting is going wrong -already, the handles would not come off the doors in the hallway so DH tried and they sheared off, the doors needed to be re-washed, and now I still am no further forward with a tin of paint still in the can and an early start in the morning, times like now I wish we had enough to afford a decorator but we have saved hard for our kitchen we are now fine tuning one last list for the company to make and then we wait for the Christmas sale. I’ve never waited for a boxing day sale before, but I will have saved for a year or so for this one.:rotfl:
    1. I kind of love that I dither over clothes so much by the time I get around to buying they are half price.
    2. I have ordered in some black garlic online and for Christmas, I had seen the stall around and we had the roasted garlic bulb as part of our wedding meal ironically now I’ve found the company, vampires will have nowt on us.:o:o
    3. Worked from home, I wasn’t supposed to but woke up what I assume is a frozen shoulder, I’m fine just meant I could put a heat pack, water bottle etc
    4. Popped out to lidl as DH wanted some of the car deals so I picked up their veg and frozen tattie skins for the christmas freezer draw, got back and turned the veggies to a casserole, and broke the last of the chicken up, while also err completely obviously dropping some so the fuzzies kept me company in the kitchen. It smells really nice cooking through.:D
    5. I joined a waitlist for a sold out Amazon thing for DH and got it, chuffed.
    6. Entered a competition or 2 who knows got to be in it to win it.
    7. Meal planned, and we just had a healthy salad much to DH’s very loud disgust, as the casserole is on slow cook.
    7 for a Monday, must have worked from home :)
  • Chickenopolis
    Options
    Good evening all !

mhagster - I did laugh at little citronella fella :rotfl:

Sparrer (((hugs))) re the perfume x

PK - yellow meals are the new normal I think . Lol re waiting so long to choose clothes that they are on sale when you buy them !

DD- Reindogs ?? :) Ours has "antlers" from Ho*by Cr*ft .I think they are for kids but they match his orangey tan face exactly and look like they are part of him. Poor s*d

Broomstick - The "Rotaire" sounds posh and I want to say it in a Margot Leadbetter voice :rotfl:I really MUST grow up

5 for today

1. Frosty the olop . Not so keen on all that scraping first thing

2. Work busy so the day went quickly:)

3.Made OH a yeast free pizza . So easy and quick - 200g plain flour , I teaspoon baking powder ,75mls water and a pinch of salt .Mix up roll out, put stuff on top, bake at 220 ..He had some leftover chicken to put on it from yesterdays roast (doing a PK)

4. I had a meat free Monday, pasta ,pesto, cream cheese , quorn and broccoli effort. Very nice too.

5. Put some washing on at 5.40 am drying nicely in airing cupboard on pipe . Trying to do it little and often ( washing that is)

have a good evening all !
    :AToo fat to be Felicity Kendal , but aim for a bit more of the good life :A
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,565 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    'Ah, maid me day that. I am now at the point where I thinks the putah has to be removed from & '
    #
    bop - and all others of bop persuasion.
    Won't post much now anyway, so start cheering.
    #
    Even this has taken over 15 minutes to do.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,219 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ampersand I share your frustration when you put so much time and effort into writing a post ( and you write such lovely posts) and then it disappears somewhere....who knows where!

Please don't stop posting x
  • VickyA_2
    VickyA_2 Posts: 4,533 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Good evening everyone :hello:

Not been in to school today - feel so guilty but didn't think they'd want me being ill all the time! Managed to sleep for most of the morning - bliss! Feeling slightly perkier now.

Pleasures for today:

1) Booked hotel and parking for just before we fly to France in 3 weeks time, via TopCashback. £20 cashback is pending. :j :j

2) Did some studying towards my swimming teacher qualification. Watched this video about "Physical Literacy" and it was so thought provoking. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8PIXqp3JpA Only takes 1.5mins to watch.

3) Lottery ticket bought.

4) Spoke to my dad this evening. He had some interesting news which knocked me a bit, but still good to speak to him (and it's not terrible news, we still all have our health but still an upset in the equilibrium).

5) Finished my book. Or should I say, A book. Stacks more to read; I'm such a magpie!

Night all :wave:
    Sealed Pot Challenge #021 #8 975.71 #9 £881.44 #10 £961.13 #11 £782.13 #12 £741.83 #13 £2135.22 #14 £895.53 #15 £1240.40 #16 £1805.87 declared
  • A correction, in case you are watching it.

When BoP could crawl, aged 6 months across suggetts lane crossing, that was five months and 27 days after you understood the East Marsh was full of none bodies.

Born Trinity Road, Cleethorpes 1961
  • Broomstick
    Broomstick Posts: 1,648 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Evening all :)

Chicken, you made me laugh. I don't think Margot would approve of our Rotaire (the rotary line waterproof cover). It's starting to look a bit ragged at the edges and there are a couple of places where I can see light through the roof. I'm hoping it will last this winter at least. :D

&, is there anyone who can take a look at your computer for you and see if it's got a fixable problem? It must be very frustrating.

Five pleasures for Monday:

1. Quiet day working at home. Both DSs are back in the fold tonight. :) DS2 appeared from a few days away having bought himself some very thick jama trousers to go with the slipper boots. By the end of the winter DSs will have equipped themselves for the Arctic. :D I made do with wearing gloves for the first time this year when I went to the shops.

2. Am on the RA email list and a link to Anthony Eyton drawing the bellringers of a church in Spitalfields got included in today's post. I like his work. Thought of you again, &. http://www.royalacademy.org.uk/article/anthony-eyton-bell-ringers-spitalfields

3. Good fire lit tonight.

4. Listening to free audio books from the library throughout the day. :T

5. One of our next door neighbours came round with a plate of little hm cakes to say thank you for lending them some tools. How lovely.

Sweet dreams
    B x
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,959 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Evening all.

Escaping from car SOS and talking about the MiL

Broomstick - what a great idea re lamp for the rotaire. Nicked :D
    Mhags - LOL at citronella haggis
    Vicky - my DD (also called Vicky :D) is a swimming teacher. I fear it will be a handy qualification for a budding actress:cool:
    Frith sorry for your party woes.

Pleasures for last few days

But first a moan / offload

The mother in law came on Friday. You could see the shimmering depression all around her:( now I know she can't help it, I too have been depressed so I really do know. Except she won't accept it and do something about it - and I don't understand that, why wouldn't you try to do everything to help yourself feel better ? Everything is about her, any conversation gets turned to how she hates being old, or she's lonely or she can't do something or her terrible childhood. It makes me sad, but also gets me down as I can't seem to do anything to help.

Anyhow, onto nice things

1 DD came home for the weekend. It was so lovely to have her here but great that she went back quite happily yesterday. She and I went shopping and to the cinema over the weekend.
    2 we all went out for a meal on Saturday. And the two children actually had a conversation :T
    3 lovely autumny wintery day. I hate winter but today was gorgeous. Enjoyed walking to and from stations
    4 picked up the top I accidentally bought in the White stuff sale :o
    5 lovely slow cooker lamb shank yesterday
    6 watched a lovely film yesterday (apart from Mockingjay at the flicks) called "Oranges and sunshine" about the children migrants to Australia
    7 good teaching sessions
    8 FNephew was on the One Show last week so watched that
    9 OH and DS and I went for a walk to watch a steam engine pass through our town
    10 finally started the last bit of my jumper, though it is the front which will take a while

Have a lovely evening all
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,905 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Reindogs now there's a thought chicken
    Ouch re puter ampers and chin up vjsmumre mil
    1) yummy cooked brekkie
    2) finished contract work hooray (still not convinced it's an academic's work) and now signed by 2 of 7 required signatories (1st was me so that was easy)
    3) dd2 came to meet me from work with dawgs (soz mhags i too smiles at the pup episode)
    4) we walked back via mum's. She's down with a cold but we stayed for a cuppa and a chat
    5) after supper walked dd2 to train station for 22:14 then walked /jogged back a la couch25k. Now in bed with cuppa, cats and computer whereas she is headed back to edinburgh where she will meet her boyfriend off the london train, fresh back from his interview.
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport