PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Options

Comments

• Tealady_2
    Tealady_2 Posts: 1,425 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon

Thank you everyone for your good wishes for last night, I had a fantasic night and met some amazing people.

Ladyhawk so sorry to hear you didn't get treat very well, I was thinking of volunteering next year but will have to think about it. Plus just wanted to say thanks as all the volunteers were amazing.

Pleasures for yesterday / today;
    1. I walked 26.2 miles through London during the night in my bra, yes I wore it with pride
    2. Meeting lots of amazing people who all helped each other along the way.
    3. Hugs off friends who had come out to support me at 7:20 this morning on the final 0.2 miles of the walk. It's amazing how far 0.2 miles can feel after walking 26.
    4. How wonderful a cup of tea and a full english tastes when you have been up all night and my friends paid for it :A
    5. Another cup of tea made by DD after having a little nap
    6. Managing to walk to Mr.T and back this afternoon, go me. Didn't want to seize up but according to DD looked like I had had an accident in my pants the way I was walking :rotfl:
    7. Not OS but sooo nice and ice-cream off the ice-cream van

Hugs to all who need them
  • Ladyhawk
    Ladyhawk Posts: 2,064 Forumite
    Options
    Well done Tealady :T:T:T

Sorry if i put you off volunteering... I am going to write to them and tell them how disappointing it was to be treated as skivvies. It was the same last year so am not sure if they will take any notice.

Well done again... having done the "half moon" last year in Edinburgh I am in utter awe of anyone who can manage the "full moon". :T:T:T
    Man plans and God laughs...
    Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry. But by demonstrating that all people cry, laugh, eat, worry and die, it introduces the idea that if we try to understand each other, we may even become friends.
  • CCP
    CCP Posts: 5,061 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Evening all.

Tealady - very well done you! :T:T:T

Ladyhawk - how sad to hear that volunteers are treated so badly - it sounds like a good way to end up without any volunteers. :(

Skint - I hope your vertigo gets sorted tomorrow.
    CCP wrote: »
    3) Visited a well-known home and garden store and bought a new mini greenhouse (hopefully third time lucky ;)) and some compost.

Sadly it wasn't - this greenhouse turned out to be the same make as the first one I had and has the same manufacturing fault, so back it goes tomorrow for a refund. :( However:

1) NSD (technically, see below) and NPD.

2) More sunshine this afternoon after a gloomy few hours.

3) Watched the Spanish grand prix (a.k.a. multi-million pound bumper cars ;)) and the Man City match - it was difficult not to be pleased for them even as a non-MC supporter.

4) Had a chat with my DM about mini greenhouses and mentioned that I'd rather been put off buying another plastic one. One thing led to another (as it does) and I've now bought a rather smart wooden one - it's got to be more sturdy than the plastic ones I've tried, and it will last longer (probably years), and it was on special offer, and it was paid for with Amaz0n vouchers for doing surveys so it didn't actually cost me anything, and I'll get triple Nect@r points. :money:

5) Making a sausage lasagne for dinner, using up the last of last year's HG tomatoes which I found lurking in the back of the freezer. :)

Have a nice evening, all.
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,613 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Well done Tealady :j so glad you managed it, hope you dont sieze up tomorrow. :rotfl:at the vision of you walking... we would look a right pair if we were walking down road together what with my "drunken" lurching !!

For today:

1. Slept much better last night
    2. Sun has got his hat on
    3. Two more loads washing dry on line
    4. Managed to cut grass, more like a meadow with clover as high as my knees. Its meant to be raining again tomorrow so wanted to get it mowed as we've had 2 dry sunny days. Had to have a lie down and a bit of a snooze after. :o
    5. Roast lamb for tea.... was on offer and couldnt resist.
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • Chickenopolis
    Chickenopolis Posts: 1,450 Forumite
    Options
    Good evening all!

Tealady- :beer: well done you!
    Ladyhawk - sorry to hear that politics seem to have got in the way of the "cause" re your Volunteering - well done for giving up your time to support others x

mcculloch- good luck to A.R tomorrow at Hexham !

sparrer- ;)

a few for yesterday

1. Had a nap in the afternoon

2. Went out for OH's diving clubs Christmas (!!!) meal , it was ok. Had a late night and was still hungry so had a McD at midnight.

3. Being introduced to a tiresome female at the above event . One glass of vino and was still feeling a bit fragile after bereavement made me a bit err .... catty . I think I said something along the lines of "yeah I know you- you are always on Fbook" ...(OH's page) every five minutes.

4. Won an LED torch in the raffle

5 for today

1. OH let the hens out, so had a lie in .

2. Two lots of washing dried on the line- fresh sheets tonight :D

3. Shopping out of the area - lots of bargains

4. Afternoon nap

5. Young hens exploring the garden a bit more having summoned up the courage to do so.

Have a good evening all!
    :AToo fat to be Felicity Kendal , but aim for a bit more of the good life :A
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,916 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    well done tealady (or should I say bravo
    sausage lasgane? sounds intriguing ccp
    skint glad you slept better
    mhagster you're weather sounds about as good as here (though England seems to have fared a lot better) so on that note
    1) decided early on in the day not to fight the weather but put on the fairy nights (OH sed if it's gonna be winter weather might as well have the xmas lights on!) which cheered me instantly. OH investigated gas fire. She is tempted by wood burner, I quite like the convenience of gas, and not entirely convinced wood burner would be cheaper, but can see if we used wood it would be CO2 neutral (and we have a good wood near us) :A:A
    2) Lidl shop under £70 despite the freezer being practically empty (and now stuffed to the gills - hmm do freezers have gills?) :money:
    3) listened to mapp and lucia on radio 4X. Loved the books, loved the TV series, loving the radio series :D (if anyone wants to catch it on iPlayer it's confusingly under E for EF Benson rather than M for Mapp!) :p
    4) After visit from neighbour's son wanting me to wrap some birthday presents for him, switched over to 5live for the footie. Very exciting. While it was on found 'sink reflections' (flylady) and did almost the whole list for Kitchen :T
    5) OH cooked absolutely lish chicken and spicy sausage casserole. Made mash from some rather ahem sprouty potatoes. :beer:
    OH missed M&L so we're listening to it again (hence getting confused where to find it on iPlayer).
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,965 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Yayy Tealady - well done:T

For today

1. Had a fairly long lie in
    2. Spent morning not doing much - could be regretting all the things I should have done, but I guess it was needed
    3. Although I did finish cutting out my skirt and have started sewing it - going to carry on in a mo.
    4. SUnday lunch at the pub with friends followed by
    5. a lovely walk in warm sunshine
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • kerleytops
    kerleytops Posts: 346 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks DundeeDoll, I am a huge fan of Mapp and Lucia and am looking forward to listening to this.
    Usually just a lurker, but here are my five for today,
    1. Son and fiancee here for evening meal
    2. Cheeky glass or two of wine from a friend
    3. Great bargains at car boot sale today.
    4. Looking forward to holiday
    5. No rain today!
  • CCP
    CCP Posts: 5,061 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    DundeeDoll wrote: »
    sausage lasgane? sounds intriguing ccp

I'm afraid it's not nearly as exciting as it may sound - it's just a normal meat ragu made with chopped sausages rather than minced beef as I'm trying to use up the contents of my freezer. It tastes pretty good, though. :)

I love the idea of switching on the fairy lights - they're very cheery looking somehow, aren't they?
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello kerley :)

My weekend goodies, I can't remember if I posted yesterday, probably did.......

1. Yesterday was a NSD

2. The sunshine both days :)

3. I have had a brilliant weekend :)

4. DD was one of 'the girls' last night when I had a couple of girly chums over for dinner, she's great company and had apple juice in a wine glass to be like us :)

5. Guitar lesson in the garden yesterday, basking in the sunshine

6. We did loads of gardening this weekend - and finally planted out my blueberry bushes, woohoo!!

7. We had 3 bike rides this weekend, I now feel far less nervous about cycling, but am taking it easyish...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure