PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Options

Comments

• Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Feeling grotty today, really tired, leg very sore, headache, yawn! So, it'll do me good to try and get 5 pleasures.....

1. Woke up with OH and he still sent me a good morning text :)

2. Took a friend's son to school with DD this morning, they are really good friends and he's a cutie, so having him around was a pleasure.

3. Good meeting with my boss today

4. A friend brought DD home for me after school

5. Good planning meeting for our Rainbows group.

Yay, got to 5, now I can hopefully get DD to bed and potter off myself too. I don't even think I could concentrate on Holby, that's how pants I'm feeling....outrageous!
  • Bitsy_Beans
    Bitsy_Beans Posts: 9,640 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Evening everyone :)

Mine for today are:

1. Hideous weather this morning whilst walking the dogs but when wearing the right clothes it didn't actually matter it was raining :)
    2. Had a couple of friends round for coffee, one is having a hard time so it was nice to have a chat to her and offer some support.
    3. Had lots of rain which means I don't need to remember to water the turf :o
    4. Saw a lovely rainbow whilst walking the dog in yet more rain :rotfl:
    5. Defrosted a lovely piece of beef that I had cooked already for tea. Portion was too large so will eat the left overs for lunch tomorrow :)

Have a wonderful evening everyone :D
    I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife :D Louise Brooks
    All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.
    Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,970 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Kittikins - hope you feel better soon
    CCP - i have a cup of redbush here in front of me, having a sniff now.... nope - I'm not getting playdough:rotfl:
    Chicken - I loathe and detest ants, My language is more colourful than Dundees when they appear in my house.

Still flipping freezing and I've eaten too much rubbish today :(

Anyway, here goes

1. Took the later train, so had time to get the house sorted - but final 2 room clean up is going to have to wait
    2. Good day at work. We have an important deadline tomorrow and nothing else could be done except the work for that. I know we are supposed to be able to multi-task, but i like having one task to do in one day. And getting it done.
    3. LO chilli for tea so no prep required
    4. DS told me he'd "broken his shoes" when I rang to check they were both home and all was well. Luckily the shop accepted that they shouldn't have been in that state after about 5 weeks of wear and gave the money back.
    5. Dad had a really good day today with his physio - finally they seem to be working him.

OH's birthday tomorrow so I have to go wrap things. He and i are going out for a meal in Birmingham followed by a concert at Symphony Hall. DD is in charge - including, for the first time, cooking dinner. I think Fish Fingers and chips is doable!
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,936 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Rubbish morning at work, walked out after two hours. Twas for the best!
    1) people on lower grade than me were all really sympathetic and nice, making me tea, making suggestions, telling me this isn't my fault :)
    2) OH took me out for nice lunch :beer:
    3) interesting CPD in the afternoon on supporting students, though half of it i felt was very true to my current situation, so gonna try some of the tips. When i find some energy. Bleuh :(
    4) another friend who had time off with stress and has been worrying about me came round for long chat after work :)
    5) managed to walk to main campus and back between the torrential showers. Just as well cos i left my brolly at work :j
    Hoping for better day tomoz. Ay tips on managing impossible workloads gratefully received :rotfl:
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • Ladyhawk
    Ladyhawk Posts: 2,064 Forumite
    Options
    Evening

PK - sorry that you didn't get offered the job... and fingers crossed for the one you really wanted

Sparrer - sorry to hear your COPD is playing up... hope you are giving it a stern talking to

DundeeDoll - Let me know when you work out how to manage an impossible workload, cos this working long hours is just not doing it for me.

1) Put an offer in on the house... it was rejected. I think that the vendor is over estimating the value of her property. I will up my offer to my max in the morning, and if she rejects it (and she will) then so be it

2)Tangf@stics.... nomnomnom.... probably not the best breakfast but I love them and I can barely taste anything else

3) Looking at the flowers that my DB and SIL gave me

4) Coming home and looking at my garden.... the tulips, daffs etc all look so pretty

5) will be heading to bed early.... zzzzzzz

Night

L
    Man plans and God laughs...
    Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry. But by demonstrating that all people cry, laugh, eat, worry and die, it introduces the idea that if we try to understand each other, we may even become friends.
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,936 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Pk sorry about the job. Good luck in your search. Somewhere there's the job for you. Fingers and toes all crossed
    Ladyhawk i've realised it's actually help with dealingwith impossible bosses i need help with. Or next week's winning lottery ticket. Good luck with the house
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • Purple_kitten
    Purple_kitten Posts: 3,055 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    DundeeDoll wrote: »
    Pk sorry about the job. Good luck in your search. Somewhere there's the job for you. Fingers and toes all crossed
    Aw thanks, I sure hope so:o I have spent all day and all night looking and I think I just have to switch off a bit and hope for the best.
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    1. slept in til 9am
    2. first real day back to 'normal' food, have missed it
    3. Postie brought me two belts with which to keep my trousers up
    4. Two friends phoned, one is calling in on Thursday
    5. Too cold to work outside so made hottie and curled up on the sofa this afternoon.

Hope all the poorlies get well now.
    Mhagster keeping you in my prayers

Sleep well
    S
  • Chickenopolis
    Chickenopolis Posts: 1,450 Forumite
    Options
    OT - awwhh .. thank you :D Re the hens - Mine have been consistently laying 6 eggs a day for ages .. this will probably stop now that I have posted this .. maybe yours are either getting broody or starting to moult ?
    :AToo fat to be Felicity Kendal , but aim for a bit more of the good life :A
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello, operation eve here!

1. Chat to sister when I was wide awake at 4.30am.
    2. Nice drive to work, saw my hot air balloons , a beautiful sunrise and my noisy parrots .
    3. Being given a beautiful bunch of crimson gerbera from 2 customers.
    4. I think we will have chilli con carne for tea.
    5. A sneaky one from yesterday , watched casualty.

There managed 5, not bad considering ... Keep me in your thoughts please, by the time you wake up on Thursday it should hopefully be well on the way to being over, 9 hours or so of surgery is required, so will be a long day. I pray for the medical team , for steady hand and stamina.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport