PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Halloween goodies

Comments

• Quillion
    Quillion Posts: 1,768 Forumite
    :beer: Officially Debt Free Nov 2012 :beer:
  • Quillion
    Quillion Posts: 1,768 Forumite
    tori.k wrote: »
    www.annabelkarmel.com/.../stained-glass-window-biscuits

im going to have a go at these but cut them in the shape of pumkins, for the local monster's.

thank you for your cooking thread, it had hubby and me rolling when i came across it

i love Annabel Karmel stuff
    :beer: Officially Debt Free Nov 2012 :beer:
  • Mrs_Thrify
    Mrs_Thrify Posts: 1,673 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 25 October 2009 at 10:42PM
    Witches like burnt cakes! Well they did in the story book I read to the children for years @ halloween.

I have done diffrent things over several years, when they say trick or treat I shouted TRICK and squarted water on them before handing out the sweets! poor things!!!!

Invited kids into the hallway to bob for an apple in a bowl of water and then given out the sweets for a prize.

This year they are getting Dora books or sponge bob pencel cases -I so happen to be given a pile of after a promotion demo. So free mse style.
    If winter comes, can spring be far behind?
    Spring begins on 21st March.
  • mrbadexample
    mrbadexample Posts: 10,805 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    tori.k wrote: »
    www.annabelkarmel.com/.../stained-glass-window-biscuits

im going to have a go at these but cut them in the shape of pumkins, for the local monster's.

thank you for your cooking thread, it had hubby and me rolling when i came across it

:think: I couldn't get the link to work, but the site's got some good ideas, thanks. I'm thinking these are more the sort of things I'm after, and might even be within my capabilities. ;)
    If you lend someone a tenner and never see them again, it was probably worth it.
  • mrbadexample
    Reverbe wrote: »
    I'm friends with many witchesand I don't know where this dont like onions thing comes from? I sense there is something you are not telling us in this post. Is it a neighbourhood child trick or treater?

Trust me, the look on the small witch's face when I presented her with an onion suggested that I'd better not try that again if I know what's good for me. :p
    If you lend someone a tenner and never see them again, it was probably worth it.
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    :think: I couldn't get the link to work, but the site's got some good ideas, thanks. I'm thinking these are more the sort of things I'm after, and might even be within my capabilities. ;)

We look forward to the usual full and frank description of the experience ... and pictures of course :D (I don't suppose the small witch will let you take a photo though... I reckon skiTTish is right about the protection racket :cool:)
  • Skint_Catt
    Skint_Catt Posts: 11,548 Forumite
    I wish our witches and wizards would accept cakes - ours just demand cash with menaces :mad:
  • zippychick wrote: »
    ohhhh! how does he make candy floss?!
    We have a prima candy floss maker that we bought years ago for when our two were little.
    Argos still do them for £19.99 and half a bag of sugar goes a long way
    http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10001&catalogId=1500001801&langId=-1&searchTerms=candy+floss+maker&Submit=GO+%3E
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • pandora205
    pandora205 Posts: 2,934 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I made chocolate crispies last year using milk and white chocolate (for two types) but having read this thread I'm going to try jessbrown's Mars bar versions. I'll also make them in a baking tray and cut into squares as they'll be easier to wrap.

Last year I was surprised how many of the trick-or-treaters liked getting cakes instead of sweets, even the teenage ones!
    somewhere between Heaven and Woolworth's
  • mrbadexample
    Skint_Catt wrote: »
    I wish our witches and wizards would accept cakes - ours just demand cash with menaces :mad:

I only accept one visitor, by appointment. ;)

Anyone else just gets growled at. :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure