Asda Opticians only £50 for Complete glasses INC Thinnest Lenses for NO EXTRA COST

Options

Comments

• cannie-annie
    Options
    Could you please tell me if the two pairs for £90 is a permanent offer, or does it end this week?
  • Sue_S
    Sue_S Posts: 302 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Could you please tell me if the two pairs for £90 is a permanent offer, or does it end this week?

I think it's on for at least 6 months - or so the assistant in my local Asda believed. I hope so... I'll be able to change my specs as often as I change my clothes at those prices :T
  • clocks
    Options
    Just thought I'd also throw my tuppence in. I picked up my pairs yesterday, Jai Kudo and Bench. Well pleased with them, really nice finish. Might start wearing specs a bit more now after wearing extended wear contact lenses night and day for years. My previous pair of specs only had a right lens as the left one broke years ago. Not the most stylish look on the street! LOL :rotfl:
  • kennyjosiah
    Options
    ianlawn wrote: »
    http://www.optometry.co.uk/vouchervalues.php
    I think I have pretty good eyes so £90-£36.2=£54.8 is still a fair amount to pay, maybe the george ones for £14 are better for me. Can you get a pair then a few weeks later get another one with a discount?

I am sure you have to order the two pairs at the same time, I dont think they will give you a rainy day voucher for the 2nd pair, but, it is supposed to be ongoing so might be better saving up for the two pairs.
  • Craven
    Craven Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    I have an eye test booked for saturday.

I asked the assistant what I would be offered if my prescription stays similair to my curret one, (R SPH-6.00 CYL-1.50) and was told 1.67 plastic.

I usually have 1.8 glass (my current ones are 1.74 plastic and are too thick) and was told I would have to pay to upgrade to my preference lens. :(

Seeing as I have always had 1.8 glass as that is the nicest looking lens lens for my prescription I would have expected to be offered that.

Will try my luck on Saturday i suppose nut its still a FAB offer

Go for small frames the ones I have just picked up for my -7.25 are 148 15 135 the 1.70 lenses look great hope this helps
  • ladyday
    ladyday Posts: 68 Forumite
    edited 9 November 2009 at 8:25PM
    Options
    I have my appointment booked for Monday :j Hopefully I'll find one or two pairs that I like.
  • Peter_Day
    Options
    Went to Asda Leamington Spa on Thursday and was courteously treated. The assistant said however that although my prescription was included in the offer, he was certain, he could not find it on his order cribsheet and would have to get his area manager to include it. He took my credit card order and said I might have to wait a bit longer for specs as a result. I was a little surprised as my prescription is +6.50 -0.50 110 Distance and+9.00 -0.50 110 Near. I wanted varifocals with photochromatic lenses and would not have thought my prescription unusual. Anyone placed a similar order and had difficulty?
  • shown73
    shown73 Posts: 1,268 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Peter_Day wrote: »
    Went to Asda Leamington Spa on Thursday and was courteously treated. The assistant said however that although my prescription was included in the offer, he was certain, he could not find it on his order cribsheet and would have to get his area manager to include it. He took my credit card order and said I might have to wait a bit longer for specs as a result. I was a little surprised as my prescription is +6.50 -0.50 110 Distance and+9.00 -0.50 110 Near. I wanted varifocals with photochromatic lenses and would not have thought my prescription unusual. Anyone placed a similar order and had difficulty?

Yes, as I posted earlier, I wasted a lot of time sorting out which frames I wanted, etc., only to be told, very brusquely, that they couldn't be done. This was when the optician came to look over my prescription, after I had filled out all the forms, etc. I was given some technical gobbledegook which I didn't understand apparently concerning the reading part of the varifocals, which I rarely use anyway in fact. Boots had no problem with it, but of course they would charge nearly £500, so I suppose Asda is being selective and only doing the more straightforward lenses. I've had a few pairs from Specsavers also, with no problems, other than the price! Such an arrogant and offhand attitude, I could quite cheerfully have inserted my prescription in a place where that optician would have had difficulty retrieving it.
  • Ginger_J
    Ginger_J Posts: 63 Forumite
    Options
    Well, all I can say is... I'm amazed!!! Went to Asda in Queensferry yesterday and had brilliant service! One of the best eye tests I've ever had, and really good service from the dispensers. I had 3 members of staff crowding round to see what price came up for me as they hadn't dealt with my prescription since the offer came in (-11.50 and -10.50)! They couldn't believe it when it came back as £90 for 2 pairs! In fact, because of my strong prescription, the voucher will take the price down to £77!!! Incredible is all I can say! That's with 2 pairs of designer frames and 1.9 glass lenses (the thinnest I've ever had)!!!:T

Wouldn't have known about it if it wasn't for this site, so thanks everyone! :beer:
  • Peter_Day
    Options
    Went back to Asda today and was told that my prescription definitely did not cover the range of lenses that they were able to dispense under their advertised offer of 2 pairs for £90. The boffins at Head Office had been asked if the prescription could be met at the offer price, but nobody had yet made a decision and it might be a month before they did so, Although I had paid for my glasses, I decided that it was so unlikely that they would ever be dispensed that I asked for my money back. Asda should make it clear that not all prescriptions will be dispensed. Nobody to complain to when I phoned their so called customer service line. Very disappointing!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure