Asda Opticians only £50 for Complete glasses INC Thinnest Lenses for NO EXTRA COST

Options

Comments

• Sue_S
    Sue_S Posts: 302 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    OK, picked up the specs and one pair is perfect but the other was just a little bit 'off'. When the assistant checked it seems that one pair was ordered with a PD of 60 and the other with 57 (which was the dodgy one). She checked my current specs (cost £350+) and they're 60 so somehow one Asda pair was incorrectly ordered.

However, it wasn't a problem, she immediately said that the specs would be sent off to be sorted and apologised that I'd have to make another trip in to pick them up.

The strange thing is that I remember the original assistant writing down my PD as 57 because I thought at the time that it seemed like a low measurement but as my PD wasn't on my prescription I didn't know what it should be. Lucky that they got one pair right...

Anyway, the one pair I picked up is great and I'm looking foward to getting the fixed pair next week. All in all a great deal.
  • tia1803
    tia1803 Posts: 767 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    ask me how happy i am!!!!!!!
    took my prescription to asda in sheffield and picked 2 pairs for the 90 pounds...as i am a single mum and had a voucher in date i got them both for a whopping total of ........£9.40!!!!!!!!!
    i have one eye a minus 10 and the other minus 9.75 and as i have never owed any decent glasses due to this i decided to get one pair with plastic and one with glass and i managed to get one with 1.74 thinness and the other 1.9!!!!!!

i was that happy i bumped my car leaving the carpark!!!!lol!!!!
    2013 wins...angry birds knex.
  • Craven
    Craven Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    Hi just pick up my glasses i am sooooo happy with them. I would go as far as saying that they are even better glazed that the ones that cost me £280, and for those who doubt the lens thickness they are super thin
  • mrincredible_2
    Options
    As promised a quick review regarding my -10 prescription glasses from Asda in Hyde.

One week after ordering had a call to say they had arrived. One pair is Bench the other Lotus. I prefer the Lotus ones because the lenses are smaller, but my wife liked the Bench ones.

Both pairs are perfect. The 1.9 index glass lenses are nice and thin but most importantly the optical integrity is 100% with no prism effect whatsoever. Have tried night driving with both pairs and they are fantastic so the anti-reflective coatings must be good.

My previous glasses cost £500 for a single pair from Boots. At two pairs for £90 from Adsa they should be worried.

Customer service is excellent - cannot be faulted.
  • yummymummy888888
    Options
    I have an eye test booked for saturday.

I asked the assistant what I would be offered if my prescription stays similair to my curret one, (R SPH-6.00 CYL-1.50) and was told 1.67 plastic.

I usually have 1.8 glass (my current ones are 1.74 plastic and are too thick) and was told I would have to pay to upgrade to my preference lens. :(

Seeing as I have always had 1.8 glass as that is the nicest looking lens lens for my prescription I would have expected to be offered that.

Will try my luck on Saturday i suppose nut its still a FAB offer
  • jacqui19
    Options
    I ordered a new pair from Asda today, Varifocals and reactalites cost me £120.
    I was quoted £208 at Specsavers for exactly the same.
  • mersey
    mersey Posts: 1,296 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Wife picked up her glasses today,from asda aintree.Thrilled to bits great customer service.
  • ajdj
    ajdj Posts: 567 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I picked up my glasses today, really pleased with both of them (Vivienne Westwood & Jai Kudo). Excellent quality and great service!
  • kennyjosiah
    Options
    Im really happy for everyone who has got there glasses .... but ... I'm still waiting for mine :rolleyes:
  • ianlawn
    ianlawn Posts: 156 Forumite
    Options
    http://www.optometry.co.uk/vouchervalues.php
    I think I have pretty good eyes so £90-£36.2=£54.8 is still a fair amount to pay, maybe the george ones for £14 are better for me. Can you get a pair then a few weeks later get another one with a discount?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure