Great 'Sell Your Gold' Hunt

Options
1171819202123»

Comments

• zaver
    zaver Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    qurious wrote: »
    It didn't arrive and on looking at the website I discovered that niether of the e-mail addresses are working, both state that the server has not been installed properly.

It likely that they just had server issues which hosted their website and received their emails.

postgoldforcash.com's website is working fine for me.
  • stevescott200861
    stevescott200861 Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 19 June 2010 at 10:01PM
    Options
    dave_uk wrote: »
    I dealt with cash4mygold on 3 occasions and was offerered between 5 and 7% less for non British Hallmarked items, 14ct that was only 12ct (according to them) plus metal in clasps (that had already been removed) and various other excuses. It is easy to advertise headline rates but few pay it. Never had these reductions from Lois or Hatton Gdns. Most high street jewellers who I know use Lois or Hatton.

Cash4mygold do not pay anywhere near what they say they do on their adverts.... They pay far less than Lois, The Manchester Gold Co and HGM. Do we not have any regulation in this country for what appears to be misleading advertising !!

Its up to the Public to check what price per gram company's offer AND what price per gram they receive. if the two don't tally, for a good explained reason ie weight of stones, mis-identified carats etc then go report the cheats for cheating!!!!
  • red_devil
    red_devil Posts: 10,793 Forumite
    Options
    i have been given a pair of gold cufflinks that i dont want so i would like to trade them in. Can anyone tell me what they might be worth. They are only small and the best place to take them?
    :footie:
  • JesaRose
    JesaRose Posts: 4,457 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would only ever use Hatton Garden Metals for online sales. The best thing to do Red Devil is take them to a couple of local jewellers for valuation - don't sell to them as the price will be hugely different. Then do your research online based on the carat (9,18 etc) and the weight the jeweller tells you.
    Not been here in years! Hi everyone. Make £10 a day challenge = £78.45/155
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport