Great 'Sell Your Gold' Hunt

Options

Comments

• tigger69
    tigger69 Posts: 37 Forumite
    edited 21 November 2009 at 10:10AM
    Options
    The Mail reporter spoke to one of the members of the Moneywatch forum regarding Money4gold this week and here is the article he wrote.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1229632/The-great-fools-gold-rush-Ads-urging-sell-old-jewellery-cash-glittering-seem.html
  • SallyUK
    SallyUK Posts: 2,344 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :confused::confused:

Sorry I don't understand what you mean?

Sal

DiggerUK wrote: »
    You have not been keeping up with the threads sorting the gold sharks from the straight players, all happened today.

About time too, hope Martin use his newspaper columns to warn people of the rip off merchants as well.
    How would any of you feel, if an elderly relative got jipped.
  • SallyUK
    SallyUK Posts: 2,344 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It was Hatton that I was waiting to hear back from.

Sal
    x
    Rienchen wrote: »
    Which site is that? My mum has two wedding bands both bought in Germany which I'm sure she'd be happy to get rid off for a bit of extra cash.
    Also one pair of earrings bought in Turkey...
  • lauraw14
    Options
    Hi everyone

I've just bee looking at all your posts and it seems a lot of you are very knowledgable about selling gold, so I'm hoping you might be able to help. I have a solid gold pendant weighing 20g from PAMP and am looking to sell it but I'm not sure who to trust! It's not 'scrap' gold as it's got a lovely rose engraving and i guess it might have aesthetic value, but i really don't know who to go to. It was a present from a relative who uses gold as investment, so i don't have any original documents as to its certifications. Should i send it to a company recommended on this forum such as Hatton, or head to some jewellers?
    Any help would be much appreciated!
  • BAMBAM_3
    Options
    nexuss wrote: »
    A lot of low count posters who mention sites what a coincidence.

I was thinking the same!

I have approx 25g of 9ct gold, so would expect at least £150 for it and was thinking of sending to Hatton Garden Metals as I had seen the good reviews, but I am sceptical at the best of times.

I might just take the chance and will post on here to advise what happens (although I am new to this site and no one would know if I was genuine or not!!).
  • DiggerUK
    DiggerUK Posts: 4,992 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 25 November 2009 at 2:16PM
    Options
    lauraw14 wrote: »
    I have a solid gold pendant weighing 20g from PAMP and am looking to sell it but I'm not sure who to trust! It's not 'scrap' gold

No it is not scrap. Worth about 430+.
    If you have experience of fleecebay sell there, people pay silly prices. Pamps are very popular.

This site will give you a comparison on buy price. To get this price you need to post to Germany though. HGM are London based.
    http://www.coininvestdirect.com/main.php?a=10&id=2&country_id=225

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=2098815

Edit. The chain and mount has a scrap value on top of the ingot don't forget.
  • gdyr1945
    Options
    thanks to recommendations on this site I sent some gold to 'howcashfor gold' and was very happy with their offer and quick service - money in account next day.
  • Skint_Lynne
    Options
    If you are selling your gold, they are the best. I have used them and another company, hatton garden are far superior, slick no nonsense service and the money is there in the bank on the same day.

This is not a spam mail either, as you can all see, I use this site on a regular basis for all different reasons.
  • k_bagpuss
    Options
    I went onto the Hatton website and used it to get a price for my gold (£570) and then I took it into a jeweller in town who then told me the 3grams of what I thought was 14 carat was actually 18 so in total they offered me £620 in cash which I was more than happy with!
    Good wine needs to breathe, if it stops breathing try mouth to mouth.
  • ianonline
    ianonline Posts: 1,204 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    k_bagpuss wrote: »
    I went onto the Hatton website and used it to get a price for my gold (£570) and then I took it into a jeweller in town who then told me the 3grams of what I thought was 14 carat was actually 18 so in total they offered me £620 in cash which I was more than happy with!
    Hi, can I ask which jeweller in Newcastle you went to and do they have a website where they publish the prices they pay for gold ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure