Great 'Sell Your Gold' Hunt

Options

Comments

• Greenr
    Greenr Posts: 286 Forumite
    Options
    Hi
    I posted my gold to Hatton Garden Metals on Thursday. According to Royal Mail, the parcel was signed for first thing on Friday so was expecting to receive a call/email as they state that the money is in your account the same day. Haven't heard anything from them yet... will update on Monday.
  • ianonline
    ianonline Posts: 1,204 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    be very very careful Gold pricesw change hourly and the price a lot of internet companies display on their website is NOT the price they pay. Fone them up and get it verbally.
    That's why I would rather use a local jeweller so I can go in person rather than deal through the post / internet. I only asked if they had a website for ease of comparison as most reputable dealers quote a daily price based on that morning's fix.
  • frugallass
    frugallass Posts: 2,320 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've got two 9ct gold rings and a 9ct gold necklace plus a sterling silver necklace - they're of no sentimental value to me and have been sat in my jewellery box for years and years - after reading the threads I decided to give Hatton a try so I'll post my envelope tomorrow and will let you know how it goes......the quote was for just over £70 btw.

(I too was a bit sceptical after seeing all the rave reviewers have never made posts before but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt)
  • Greenr
    Greenr Posts: 286 Forumite
    Options
    Greenr wrote: »
    Hi
    I posted my gold to Hatton Garden Metals on Thursday. According to Royal Mail, the parcel was signed for first thing on Friday so was expecting to receive a call/email as they state that the money is in your account the same day. Haven't heard anything from them yet... will update on Monday.

Update on my earlier post: checked with bank today and Hatton paid the money into my account on Friday so very happy. Was expecting to receive some sort of phone call/email to confirm receipt on Friday and also to tell me how much they would give me but the money was paid into my account without any communication. As it happens, I'm very happy with the amount (over £150 more than a local company were offering). :D
  • jopwo_87
    jopwo_87 Posts: 327 Forumite
    Options
    I sent off for this last Thursday with money4gold.co.uk but unfortunately i was a twonk and put the envlope in the post box rather than at the post office. I also sent something else at the same time (which is why i got confused) and have had a response back this morning from them yet none from money4gold. I tried to call the number on their site this afternoon but its permanently engaged. Does anyone have any other ideas or shall i write it off now?
    Thinking it over...:o
  • toadyfrog
    Options
    Does anyone know anywhere in London I could take my gold to. There was a jeweller in Peckham that was on the radio yesterday saying he pays 10% less than the market price but thats a bit too far for me to go. Anywhere in Central london would be fine.
  • David_Donoso
    Options
    Press release from H.Samuel yesterday @ pr-inside.com/christmas-money-the-h-samuel-gold-recycling-r1609698.htm offers Gold Recycling scheme.

Seems more acceptable as a high street brand backing it.

hsamuel.co.uk/goldrecycling

Anyone using it?
  • toadyfrog
    Options
    Accordingy to their site they are paying £4.81 per gram for 9ct, where as hatton garden are paying £8 something.
  • runmichellerun
    Options
    jopwo_87 wrote: »
    I sent off for this last Thursday with money4gold.co.uk but unfortunately i was a twonk and put the envlope in the post box rather than at the post office. I also sent something else at the same time (which is why i got confused) and have had a response back this morning from them yet none from money4gold. I tried to call the number on their site this afternoon but its permanently engaged. Does anyone have any other ideas or shall i write it off now?

Try calling again. I just phoned them to see where my returned gold was and got through straight away.

Apparently it's on its way to me, although I've been waiting weeks now :confused:
    LBM February 2008. DFD March 2013 19 August 2011
    Debt at LBM £14,395.48. Debt Now £0
  • korny88
    korny88 Posts: 122 Forumite
    Options
    Has anyone used the cashiergold.com website., and anyone know of their reliability?

I've been into their local branch in Hackney, east London, their prices are the best in the area, but I've never used their postal service and a friend of mine wants to use their postal service. Are they quick in payment etc?

In the branch, they told me all postal gold is sent to their main branch in Rochdale. I've never been to that branch so didn't want to advise him.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure