We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Luncheon vouchers - has anyone noticed....

Options

Comments

• swampduck
    swampduck Posts: 962 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    When I started work in London when I was 17 we got £1.50 per day to spend in Luncheon Vouchers but they were an employee perk.
    No idea what companies do nowadays - do they still offer them?

Swampy
    Expect the worst, hope for the best, and take what comes!!:o
  • Storck
    Storck Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry but that's rubbish. Tesco don't present the vouchers and say "but they didn't spend every last penny with us" and therefore LV won't give them anything for the voucher! Tesco just submit the vouchers and get paid.

Unfortunately not true. The only way to put the voucher through if the full amount hasn't been spent is by putting it through as a non scan voucher and LV will not repay on any non scan vouchers as they get the figures about how many vouchers have been used and where etc.

As I said this might change in June when Tesco could stop taking a lot more vouchers due to another change in policy.
    If you find you are drinking too much give this number a call. 0845 769 7555
  • chalkysoil
    chalkysoil Posts: 1,662 Forumite
    Options
    my vouchers wouldn't scan in Asda on Sunday the cashier entered them as manufacturers coupons £4.50 in one entry.
    On wednesday Tesco took £8 I think they did scan for them as the till receipt shows coupon £1 etc. The bill was £8.27 for 4 lever arch files, two dog ball launchers, a pack of sponges and 2 packs of fruit.
  • geordie_joe
    geordie_joe Posts: 9,112 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Storck wrote: »
    Unfortunately not true. The only way to put the voucher through if the full amount hasn't been spent is by putting it through as a non scan voucher and LV will not repay on any non scan vouchers as they get the figures about how many vouchers have been used and where etc.

So how does it work in the thousands of small outlets that don't have scanning facilities?

Outside where I used to work there was a burger van that accepted LV's, it didn't even have a till, just a tin box to keep the money in!
  • Storck
    Options
    So how does it work in the thousands of small outlets that don't have scanning facilities?

Outside where I used to work there was a burger van that accepted LV's, it didn't even have a till, just a tin box to keep the money in!

I never commented about how it works elsewhere, just at Tesco.

I can only comment on stuff that I know about and how other places process their vouchers is not one of those things, unless it is a number of pub companies where they had to attach a receipt to certain vouchers to get the money back off certain drinks brands.
  • geordie_joe
    geordie_joe Posts: 9,112 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Storck wrote: »
    I never commented about how it works elsewhere, just at Tesco.

But you said "LV will not repay on any non scan vouchers". Why will LV not pay Tesco for non scanned vouchers when they pay every other outlet for non scanned vouchers.
  • queen_vi
    queen_vi Posts: 993 Forumite
    Options
    i use them in greggs and bakers oven sometimes i buy a pack of scones and a loaf of bread great value
  • Storck
    Options
    But you said "LV will not repay on any non scan vouchers". Why will LV not pay Tesco for non scanned vouchers when they pay every other outlet for non scanned vouchers.

When I said "LV will not repay on any non scan vouchers" I was talking about at Tesco.

If you want to know why LV will not pay for non scanned vouchers you will have to ask them, but it is the same with a lot of the vouchers redeemed at Tesco.
  • soba
    soba Posts: 2,166 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    meeps wrote: »
    (its a mix of 50p and £1 that adds up to £4

£4? I only get £3 from Pinecone for my surveys:(
  • BeenieCat
    BeenieCat Posts: 6,567 Forumite
    Options
    soba wrote: »